Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Need details on SF PnP connectors

Need details on SF PnP connectors 10 months 1 week ago #72755

• Teletran
Summary: I'm looking for details on the make and model of the 4pin JST connector used as the switch quick connect for the champion plug and play sound kit.

Details: I'm a new sabre builder (more of an assembler at this point) so I'm making mistakes. I just got my plug and play champion electronics kit today and it turns out that when I originally bought my asp hilt ( the idea has been to use the empty hilt as a belt hanger until I could afford to upgrade to ellectronics) I got a switch with a connector for the stunt warrior kit and hadn't thought to Order a new switch.

Because I live on the other side of the world it would cost me about three times what the switch is worth in postage to get a replacement so I'm thinking of making an adapter using some extra wire and one of each of the appropriate connectors.

I know that the LED and warrior switches use Deans micro 2r connectors so I'm just wondering if anyone knows the make and model of the small 4pin White connector used for the switch on the champion plug and play?

If all else fails I could just strip off the connectors and hard wire the switch to the board but I don't want to void my warranty just yet if I can help it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need details on SF PnP connectors 10 months 1 week ago #72785

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 431
I don't have details on the connectors, but you will need a new switch anyway.

The Warrior tier uses a latching switch, the Champion tier uses a momentary switch. The soundboard will not be able to operate with a latching switch.

If you're able to source a 12mm momentary switch wherever you happen to be, that could save you on shipping charges.

Need details on SF PnP connectors 10 months 1 week ago #72798

• Teletran
I'm fairly sure the switch itself is ok because I have the redeemer switch body which needs a latching switch.

Need details on SF PnP connectors 10 months 1 week ago #72812

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Latching switch won't work with the Sabercore 2.0 board. That board is designed to work using a momentary switch. It not the hilt that determines what kind of switch(es) you need, it's the soundboard.

Most soundboards operate on a momentary switch, or in some cases multiple switches. Some boards can make use of a latching switch, but will require a second momentary switch as well.

Need details on SF PnP connectors 10 months 1 week ago #72862

• Teletran
Here's what it says on the website:

"Please note that Champion builds using control boxes will require the latching switch, a half press is momentary, a full press is latching (please note in your order comments if your latching switch is for a V2 Champion Kit)."

So as far as I can tell this switch should work with the champion soundboard. If that were not the case then if I were to go on the website and order a replacement part with the correct quick release then I would still end up with an incompatible switch.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • You can get the blade tube @ 40 inches uncut if your willing to make them yourself, need to also get...
    • Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • Is there any way to get a larger blade? 36"/37" seems to be the ideal length, however with the way...
    • Timing shims (3 Posts)
    • I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
    • Saberforge Customs Price ... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: How long does it normally take them to reply to enquires? I sent them an email on the 20th Dec about...
    • Continuous Upgrade expens... (19 Posts)
    • If you go for an empty Elite hilt $150 plus ASP PNP Veteran $150 plus LED $40 plus AV switch $10...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6343
  • Latest Member: hfbncGap
  • Total Posts: 63.2k
  • Total Topics: 5331
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 29