Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: UPDATE* Champion kit in an apprentice saber

UPDATE* Champion kit in an apprentice saber 2 months 4 weeks ago #74190

• DD003
  • Thank you received: 1
Alright everyone, some may have seen me asking around on different pages trying to see if anyone has attempted cramming a Champion kit into a Disciple. Let me just start off by saying DON'T DO IT, it is the biggest headache you can possibly imagine. If you have put a Warrior kit into an apprentice saber before (like me) you're probably thinking that it will be along the same guidelines. feed the wires through > glue switches in > stuff in LED. but it is a whole different animal. In my attempts to cram the LED into the small amount of space left I broke the quick connects for both the kit and the LED. After replacing the quick connects I tried again in a more gentile way and I was able to get it all to fit but I assure you It was no simple task and my mind still is not at ease knowing the lack of space in that saber. Just figured I would share my experience with everyone since there wasn't anything on this topic when I looked. Ill probably end up taking the kit out and using it for another ASP build. Hope this helped
1) ASP saber (no name) - Champion 12w+ Green
2) ASP saber (valor) - Warrior 12w+ Light Blue
3) Apprentice Disciple - Champion 12w+ Purple
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UPDATE* Champion kit in an apprentice saber 2 months 4 weeks ago #74195

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
The wires SF use, (hrmm, how can I put this and not sound like I'm bitching...), can be severed from their joints easily if force is applied to them in a manner which is different than the resting force of earths gravity. :whistle:

I have a PNP kit on my bench right now being torn apart and rebuilt for a "better" install into a hilt. Overall I'd say the soldering and general wiring is well done, but definitely would be a PITA to cram into an apprentice hilt.

UPDATE* Champion kit in an apprentice saber 2 months 4 weeks ago #74197

• DD003
Oh yeah I see what you mean there. I didn't have a problem with the
Warrior kit but I didn't take into consideration the amount of wires that come along with the champion kit. I'll probably have to do some adjusting to the kit myself if I decide to keep it in the hilt.

UPDATE* Champion kit in an apprentice saber 2 months 1 day ago #75013

• DD003
Another Update **** the saber broke 5 minutes into StarWars Celebration!!!!! My brother dropped it on the ground (3 foot drop) and it stopped making noise and the LED turned off as if I placed the kill key in. Just thought Id let you all know
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1