Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Customize Prodigal Son

Customize Prodigal Son 1 month 3 weeks ago #75133

• felipebins
Hello there, I'm new on lightsabers and I just bought a Saberforge Prodigal Son from a guy on Ebay. It was what my money could afford and I think I will like it very much (it's arriving this Saturday). He made some customizations already, making the little black box more accurate to the movies and also inserted two acrilic green and red arrows instead of the originals from Saberforge. I was interested in getting those arrows to glow with the saber, like in the movies (like it does on Vader's Vault Hero, too much money for me right now). So I was wondering if anyone would be able to do this customs for me, how much it would be, and how much time it would take. If not, I would ask if this (https://thesaberarmory.com/product/luke-hero-rotj-pcb-control-box-kit/) would work with Saberforge.

Also, is it able to change the Saber Core Viridium to something else, is it possible to customize the sound after getting the kill key off?

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Customize Prodigal Son 1 month 3 weeks ago #75146

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
If you have sabercore viridian in the saber that means it's a Champion tier saber from saberforge. Unfortunately, what that also means is you're greatly limited when it comes to electronics customization because it is saberforge's proprietary board. Basically it is a simple durable soundboard that saberforge made specifically for it's mid-range sound capable sabers and what you see is what you get, it doesn't have the ability to control a color changing LED, you can't change the sound font because it is all hardwired to the board and there wouldn't be anyway to add the light up control box to your saber as is because the soundboard isn't capable of running it. The only way you would be able to make these customizations would be to change out the soundboard of the saber completely as well as putting in the other details you want. It is of course possible and any of the experienced saber smiths on here could do it but the price of changing out the sound board for a much higher end one would be considerable as it is basically a major electronic install on top of the rest of the details you want to add. As for specifically how much that would run, you would have to ask one the smiths for their prices.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by SadiraOrphesu.

Customize Prodigal Son 1 month 3 weeks ago #75154

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
It can definitely be done, but it wouldn't be cheap.

Adding the accent LEDs (Lit red/green arrows) to the hilt would be the easiest thing to do and could make use of the existing internals.

If you put a Spark2 soundboard in there you make them blink, and you could switch out the LED and create some blade effects and FOC and add whatever sound fonts you'd like to.

Again, all that would get pricey, honestly pretty close to cost of one of these new in a champion configuration.

Customize Prodigal Son 1 month 3 weeks ago #75157

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
Hmm that's cool, so you're saying you can actually run accent LEDs off of a sabercore 2.0 soundboard? That's what I love about this hobby I learn something new all the time. :cheer: :lol:

Is spark2 a plecter labs board because it does say on the details of the kit he linked that it is made to work with plecterlabs boards and it couldn't be guaranteed that it would work with other after market boards? I think I need to start paying you for indirect lessons since you are always teaching me so much Jas-Ot :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by SadiraOrphesu.

Customize Prodigal Son 1 month 3 weeks ago #75159

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
That kit is specifically for the KR sabers hero control box, and would require plenty of modification to the control box to get it to work with the Sf PS control box. That being said, PL boards use a common negative for the switches, which you could get to work with an NEC board, or wire a single switch for the Sabercore board. So in theory, yes that board could work, just would require extra work.

The accent LEDs could be wired directly off the LED channel on the Sabercore board (just need the right resistors). They wouldn't blink or anything, just light up (kind of like a lit switch would).

You could pimp out a PS by gutting it, and putting a custom built control box on it. But again, this would be getting kind of pricey.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5281
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1