Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Need help with HFX removable blade Obi conversion

Need help with HFX removable blade Obi conversion 1 month 2 weeks ago #75337

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
My cousin and I are trying to convert my 2010 Obi saber with removable blade using the tutorial for the Anakin removable blade conversion as a wiring guide, and we thought everything was going smoothly until we tried to test it. The LED flickers when the pins first make contact with the battery pack, but that's it. It doesn't come on, and there is no sound from the speaker. We checked the wiring with the photos on the tutorial, and everything seems to be correct. We disconnected the LED from the board, and tested it directly on the battery connections, and it lit up fine, but still didn't make any sound. Does anyone have any advice?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with HFX removable blade Obi conversion 1 month 2 weeks ago #75395

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
There may not be enough tension to push the battery/sound pack up into the pins. This is generally the hardest part of a conversion, getting the battery pack to sit properly. You can try putting a ring of hot glue, or other material (O-ring even works) between the blade holder and what's left of the "internal chassis" from the original saber. this should push that down a bit more allowing for the battery pack to make better contact.

Need help with HFX removable blade Obi conversion 1 month 2 weeks ago #75397

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
Thanks Jas. This was actually before we put it back together. I put the pins against the contacts on the battery pack, and squeezed them together by hand just to test it, but nothing happened. I can only get it to flicker if I let off pressure, and have the pins barely touching the contacts. We've tried to think of something we missed, but haven't been able to come up with a definite answer, so I think we're going to undo everything we did, and resolder everything. Would that be a wise choice?

Need help with HFX removable blade Obi conversion 1 month 2 weeks ago #75398

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
wiring is pretty straight forward, so as long as you followed the diagram you should be fine.

I am assuming it's just a single diode LED right?

Try mocking it up in the hilt first, before you start desoldering things. Those pin connectors can be a pain if they don't have exactly the right pressure on them.

Need help with HFX removable blade Obi conversion 1 month 2 weeks ago #75400

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
OK, I'll give that a shot. I'd much rather try that than redo everything. Thanks!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1