Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Battery charging

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81048

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
how long does it typically take to initially charge the battery? It has been 24 hours and still is flashing red... I want to light up my new toy now!! lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81051

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 256
It shouldn't take anywhere near that long to charge an 18650. What kind of setup do you have?

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81052

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
This is currently my setup. the other two items plugged in are not actually charging anything or plugged into anything else.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81055

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 480
That charger usually takes about 12-16 hours ... the first charge usually does take about 24 though, give or take. I would strongly recommend investing in a better charger; I have Nitecore D2 that works great.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81060

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
it finished charging, then no matter how much pressure or how hard I try, it refuses to go into the light kit. I see "oh hey there's a wrap on it, maybe that is making it too big" so I take that off, it goes into the kit but barely. the light refuses to turn on. take it out, battery falls apart, I manage to get the battery back together, and back into the socket the other way, still won't turn back on. all wires are fine, the battery is not damaged to where it would cause a problem normally. So now I'm stuck with something not working whether battery or LED or the actual board, after waiting almost 4 months for this dumb thing. I'm beyond ticked right now, Saberforge you make amazing stuff but you screwed up this time, screwed up really really bad

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81062

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 480
Okay, so...
  1. Li-Ion batteries do swell during charging, so being tough to insert into the battery holder after a fresh charge is not un-common.
  2. Never take the wrap off of the battery. It's there to keep the metal casing of the battery from touching any metal... anything else. Not to mention on protected cells it keep the PCB attached to the battery.

As to why it won't turn on... that could be a number of the things. The battery is actually bad, you have the battery reversed in the holder, the switch is wired wrong, the switch is the wrong type (Warrior needs Latching), a short in the wires.... the wiring isn't really my strong suit so I'm just tossing out ideas here.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81064

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
see they don't tell you not to take it off, it actually appears as though you're supposed to, so someone like myself who has never had a saber would not have know.

I was able to get the battery in only after taking off the wrap, and yet it barely went in, struggling to get it in. it did not matter how I have the battery in it still refuses to turn on. The wires appear to be fine. I have the latching switch.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81068

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
Here's just a few pictures of what I have. I got the battery into the space right after taking the plastic off thinking that's what we needed to do, because honestly that typically what you have to do when there's a wrap on something. It did not turn on. flipped it, still nothing. Then the end on the bottom started to come off. but it wasn't until after I got it in both ways and it didn't work that it fell off. So what could be the problem? Does anyone have an idea? I did also send Saberforge an email about it.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81069

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
more pictures

There is also a noticeable curve here that shows that the slot was too small for the battery, and I could not get it in without struggle.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 day ago by Shai Kah.

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81071

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
whelp, after trying to connect a AA battery to it, I found that I can get it to light up, so it is the battery. I am very frustrated, but at least glad I know the problem. to eBay for a cheaper battery I go because screw $20 for one battery

Battery charging 4 months 1 day ago #81073

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 256
I like the TrustFire 18650 LI-Ion batteries that TCSS sells.

Battery charging 1 month 4 days ago #84508

• Darth sargificus
That looks like an overcharged battery to me, it looks very swollen and could be dangerous! Get rid of it immediately if you haven't already. On a side note, i recently bought a new battery and holder, and the battery wouldn't fit without some major force that actually bowed the battery holder just like in your picture. Seems like either some batteries are slightly longer, or some holders are slightly to small.

Battery charging 1 month 3 days ago #84533

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
Yupp, that my my problem, it would not go in at all, and bowed the holder quite a bit. I ended up buying some off amazon, they are smaller, but still work, though the battery only lasts about 15 minutes each on them. But they actually fit.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6602
  • Latest Member: Daunded
  • Total Posts: 65.8k
  • Total Topics: 5572
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4