Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Latch Switch Alternatives

Latch Switch Alternatives 2 months 2 weeks ago #81825

• ShinyGlowyStickThingie
Greetings fellow glow stick sword wielding connoisseurs!

I'm curious as to what alternatives there are to the Latch Switches that come on SF's models. The protruding switch has an inherent side-effect of being pressed while using the lightsaber, which creates a dismal effect of my repeatedly turning the illumination on and off.

Due to design and construction, I do not feel it's feasible to recess then switch mechanism lower into the hilt, nor modify the switch itself and not run the risk of destroying it.

One alternative is to bypass the switch altogether and hot wire it into the battery assembly, but removing the battery everytime after a use is far more inconvenient.

My best solution thus far is a strip of electrical tape placed over the button which leaves it on and allows my hand to move over the hilt freely without disengaging the lights. To be honest though, this method is aesthetically insulting to the workmanship that SF puts into their hilts.

Any alternatives?

Also, I've already searched for this issue on this forum and elswhere using a basic internet search engine, and I didn't come across a satisfactory answer yet. If this question has already been asked here on this forum, please link me to it to help keep the forum clear of redundant topics.

TIA.
I'm just here for the cake. The voices in my head said there would be cake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Latch Switch Alternatives 2 months 2 weeks ago #81826

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 228
One option is to get a flat top momentary 12mm AV switch from SaberForge, or some other seller. You can wire that with a momentary to latching converter from The Custom Saber Shop. It's a tiny board that can be taped to your battery holder. You wire that into your saber and it makes a momentary switch behave like a latching one. That would solve your problem and probably be easier to find than a flat top latching 12mm AV switch.

Latch Switch Alternatives 2 months 1 week ago #82036

• ShinyGlowyStickThingie
Thank You!

I had some difficulty trying to visualize the switch you mentioned until a friend of mine showed me the SF he purchased recently that came with a momentary switch. I will be replacing it with one shortly. I wasnt aware that was an option (as i was glued to the Shotos simply for price.)

Thank you!

Sorry for late response, the thread was moved and I wasn't sure where it ran off to. Makes better sense here! ^-^
I'm just here for the cake. The voices in my head said there would be cake.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (41 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • They are scheduled to be added just prior to, or right at the same time they are available for...
    • Nice. Will they be available to play with on saberparts.com?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6468
  • Latest Member: jakUseno
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 55
  • Yesterday Answer: 79