Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Spark Color 2 issues

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82494

• RenScotson
I'm having issues configuring my hero tier Epoch lightsaber which has Spark Color 2. I've read the manual, I've watched a video walkthrough, but for some reason it's just not working for me when I try to change the colors.

In the editor, the correct colors changes are shown in the preview, but when I put the SD card back into the saber, its Blue. I've been trying to change my first font, Essense Episode 1 to Red.

I can change it manually to red, but putting in the kill key resets it to blue.

My first saber, although I have played around with a few that my brother owns, which is why I purchased one of my own. Great saber, I'm just having difficulty customizing all of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82511

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 500
The editor is setup as BGR (Blue, Green, Red) for some strange reason, rather than RGB (Red, Green, Blue) which is how your LED is wired. You need to click on "Options", then "Color Settings", and change the order to Red on C1- and Blue on C3- every time you use the program if you want to get an accurate preview in the "Spark-ulator". Basically you've been using the slider for the Blue LED while thinking it was the one for the Red.

By "manually" do you mean with the "color change on twist" and just cycling through the colors that are already setup? That should save each color per font bank. Putting the kill key in simply resets it to font1 (Father's Son), which would be whatever color you left that one at. Then just cycle to font2 (Essence Episode I) and it should still be the color you set it to before.

Or do you mean with the in-hilt "Spark Colorset Editor" voice menu to actually change the blue profile to red? That should be saving once you confirm the selection.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RenScotson

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82512

• RenScotson
Wow, I don't know why I didn't think about it. I did think it was weird it was B,G,R. That fixed the issue with the colors. Just having an issue with it not recognizing sound fonts I've added now.

By manually I meant the color change with twisting the saber. I've changed it now to having to hold down the aux button as it was switching rather easily with my saber. I can change the color and switch fonts but it doesn't save the changes after I put in the kill key. But I plan on editting those through the SD card now that I know its RGB.

Thanks!

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82513

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Hi RenScotson, KelbornX,

Yeah for quite some time the values and wiring on Spark Colour 2 have been reversed from how SF wire their LEDs so they don't match up as you'd expect in the editor. There is a thread about it posted 2 years 5 months ago and it has some useful default config numbers.
You can find the thread by clicking HERE.

Hope this is of use,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: RenScotson

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82556

• RenScotson
Thanks, that was helpful as well. The only remaining issue I have now is with adding sound fonts. I downloaded the default files for Spark Color 2 thinking I had messed something up, but it had different fonts, Velocity and Hidden Warrior. I'm able to edit them in the editor but when I try to change to them in the blade they don't come up. Master.ini has nFonts=8, so no idea on what's wrong.

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82561

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 500
The files on the NEC site are newer than the ones SF has on their stock of boards. They're also for the SparkColor2-R3 now; SF will likely still be using their stock of the R2 release for some time.

The board can only take 6 fonts, so... it won't recognize the extra 2. If you want to use Velocity and/or Hidden Warrior, then you need to replace one of the other fonts with one of those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, RenScotson

Spark Color 2 issues 3 months 1 week ago #82671

• RenScotson
Thank you, wasn't aware this wasn't the SparkColor2-R3. I guess everything is good now, thank yall very much!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know what the hell would have caused it to stop working, then be fine the second I adjust...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (28 Posts)
    • Quote: Just to know, how much do they cost each ? ^^' If, by the last three you refer: the etched...
    • Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • So I've recently gotten my Prodigy back from repairs, they completely replaced my hilt and the sound...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6700
  • Latest Member: Shelbywoort
  • Total Posts: 66.8k
  • Total Topics: 5649
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 74