Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help with Tri-Cree Amber/Orange mix

Help with Tri-Cree Amber/Orange mix 3 months 3 weeks ago #83742

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Hey all, I'm trying to make a deep Amber but not quite Blood Orange saber and I was wondering if anyone had any examples of a Cree Tri-XP-E2 with an Amber and Red-Orange dies. Really trying to get something between SF's Amber and Blood Orange. As always trying to get maximum brightness.

I'd planned on using the 3rd for FoC unless it possible to have all 3 dies active and increase or decrease one for use with FoC. To be honest I'm completely new at this and don't know entirely what is and isn't possible yet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with Tri-Cree Amber/Orange mix 3 months 3 weeks ago #83743

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 766
Use a PC-Amber and a RedOrange for your main. If you're ordering from TCSS, they already switched their Amber over to PC-Amber, so no worries there. Both colors tie for second place in brightness out of the XP-E2 colored LEDs.

For FOC, Cool White is going to be my best recommendation (TCSS only offers Neutral White, which is good enough). A third similar color won't make a great clash effect. It won't increase brightness enough for a dramatic effect - you need a high-contrast color. Green or Blue could also work pretty well to produce a Lime or Lavender flash.

Help with Tri-Cree Amber/Orange mix 3 months 3 weeks ago #83744

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Absolutely perfect. Thank you very much Kouri, especially for the FoC recommendations. I may just try that Blue for a lavender effect.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (18 Posts)
    • Damn, its not working on my phone since weeks and i was just thinking "meh, OK i'll wait -.-"...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (7 Posts)
    • I am getting a message that the cable has malfunctioned and that windows does not recognize it
    • Pre-Order Sabers Question... (1 Posts)
    • I know pre order sabers will have an extended period where they are placed upon the already existing...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (7 Posts)
    • Plug in your saber wait for the bzzt, then start the editor

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5823
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1