Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Black Series sabers on 12v adapters?

Black Series sabers on 12v adapters? 1 month 3 weeks ago #84642

• Padawankenobi
Is it possible?
I'm a complete noob on eletronics, but I do know that what I need is to have the sabers stay lit as long as I want, and with no sound.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Black Series sabers on 12v adapters? 1 month 3 weeks ago #84645

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 299
I'm assuming you mean 12w, as in the LEDs, not 12v. I've never seen a saber that runs on 12v.

There are conversion kits for Black Series sabers. Search on The Custom Saber Shop for those.

Though, in my humble opinion, you're better off just getting a Warrior tier here. Sure, it may cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for. The Hasbro sabers are toys, plain and simple. They look good on a shelf but feel cheap when you try to swing one. I know, I have a Luke ANH 2015 Black Series saber. I'm afraid to even whack the saber blade hard enough to create the clash sound because the whole saber rattles and feels like it's going to fall apart. Meanwhile, I could beat the crap out of any of my SaberForge sabers. None of them feel like they're going to fall apart. The other advantage is you won't have to disassemble and rewire anything.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by scifidude79.

Black Series sabers on 12v adapters? 1 month 3 weeks ago #84647

• Padawankenobi
12v, 120w. They'll be hooked to one of these:

My sabers are display only and I want to make them part of the room lighting. I don't care for durability as they'll never be swung or hit.

I've tried wiring the battery slots and using a resistor to bring the voltage to the same as the bateries combined (3.6v, right?), with no luck, it didn't turn on. I decided not to experiment further as I'm no expert.

I'm not against gutting out the sabers and replacing the LEDs if it's not permanent, should it come to that, but I'd need instructions on how to do that and I've only seen disassembly instructions for Kylo's.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Graflex on it's way! (3 Posts)
    • I will!
    • I’m so excited for you!! Don’t forget to post pics!
    • The anticipation! It's on it's way! [attachment] [attachment]
    • Favorite Saberforge Saber... (42 Posts)
    • v1 Gladius is love, v1 Gladius is life [image]
    • A crazy friend... (8 Posts)
    • Quote: LOL, i like your friend's sense of humour. Wait... you want shipping at the end of March for...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6718
  • Latest Member: CaptainCrunch
  • Total Posts: 67.1k
  • Total Topics: 5671
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 30