Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Chassis in a curved hilt (Bane Mk2)?

Chassis in a curved hilt (Bane Mk2)? 1 month 1 week ago #85691

• axelstriker
Hello everyone,

I am very excited to be purchasing my first saber from SF soon! I am going to buy a Band Mk2 hilt and wired it myself. However, in my research I have noticed that a chassis is highly recommended to help organize and protect your electronics, especially during dueling. A straight chassis would not (I don't think) work in my hilt, at least not at the pommel where the speaker needs to be.

I'm looking for any ideas or advice anyone may have on how I can house my electronics. I'm new to the process and don't have an exorbitant budget, but I am really looking forward to setting this beauty up and sharing my experience with the community. Any other tips relevant to this hilt are greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chassis in a curved hilt (Bane Mk2)? 1 month 1 week ago #85703

• Major_Tom
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 57
Quick note, with chassis im fairly sure youare re1uiredto wire and solder yourself (am noob myself), and thus are incompatible with plug and play systems
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion

Chassis in a curved hilt (Bane Mk2)? 1 month 1 week ago #85704

• Kelador
Not seen a bane so not sure half big a curve it has or how the ID is I did do a chassis for a custom saber hilt over a year ago I had to design a chassis in two halves both halves with a slight curve once printed i used elastic bands this allowed it to move better with the curve when inserting the chassis.

Point is it can be done and Im sure there are better ways than what I did lol

Chassis in a curved hilt (Bane Mk2)? 1 month 1 week ago #85748

• axelstriker
Yes, I plan to do it all myself :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Mini Writers' Heart Attac... (11 Posts)
    • Yeah, I agree on your sentiment about working in IT. I don't really blame the IT department for it,...
    • Quote: Quote: You could use Microsoft word on your mobile device if it's available. I use that for typing when on...
    • Quote: Ah that sucks. And you HAVE to use that device given to you by the school? Until I graduate. I...
    • Ah that sucks. And you HAVE to use that device given to you by the school?
    • Quote: You could use Microsoft word on your mobile device if it's available. I use that for typing when on...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6715
  • Latest Member: uxyju
  • Total Posts: 67k
  • Total Topics: 5668
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 41