Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2)

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 month 1 week ago #85754

• axelstriker
Hello everyone,

I am new to Saberforge and will be wiring an empty Bane mk2 hilt as my first project. I was wondering if some kind soul knew the Internal Diameter of this hilt. This way I can make the right choices in electronics!

Also, any ideas on where to get an internal chassis for this beauty would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 month 1 week ago #85787

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 283
It looks like a 1.10inch internal sizing, but with the elbow you don't have much room before the bend. I bought mine with a sabercore 3.0 so it has SF pre assembled shuttle on it and while I can slide it out a little I didn't want to force it out... My guess would be that if you measure a 18650( I cant tell if they used a keystone battery tray or not) with a 28mm premium speaker glued to it for length that would be about the space you have before the bend.
I did a self install on the MK1 bane and a Vanquish, since they are clam shelled I bought the 1.10 inch 3d printed chassis for the card of my choice and speaker holder, and since they are clam shells, I mocked up and trimmed the chassis to fit the curves the way I wanted and wired them before closing it up.

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 2 weeks 3 hours ago #87050

• Hightower85
  • Thank you received: 2
Vechaljian wrote:
It looks like a 1.10inch internal sizing, but with the elbow you don't have much room before the bend. I bought mine with a sabercore 3.0 so it has SF pre assembled shuttle on it and while I can slide it out a little I didn't want to force it out... My guess would be that if you measure a 18650( I cant tell if they used a keystone battery tray or not) with a 28mm premium speaker glued to it for length that would be about the space you have before the bend.
I did a self install on the MK1 bane and a Vanquish, since they are clam shelled I bought the 1.10 inch 3d printed chassis for the card of my choice and speaker holder, and since they are clam shells, I mocked up and trimmed the chassis to fit the curves the way I wanted and wired them before closing it up.

Have you any images of the chassis you used? I am struggling to find any images of a Bane Mk2 chassis..
"Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe"

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 2 weeks 3 hours ago #87052

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
Chances are I used this since I know that has a Spark 2
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BG6XZS3WU/gcm110-01-ig2-igniter-2-spark-2-18650-cell?optionId=55537838
I may of used this, or not depending on the space I had left
https://www.shapeways.com/product/62P959ETW/gcm110-03-03-28mm-bass-speaker-holder?optionId=55581430

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #87113

• Hightower85
Vechaljian wrote:
Chances are I used this since I know that has a Spark 2
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BG6XZS3WU/gcm110-01-ig2-igniter-2-spark-2-18650-cell?optionId=55537838
I may of used this, or not depending on the space I had left
https://www.shapeways.com/product/62P959ETW/gcm110-03-03-28mm-bass-speaker-holder?optionId=55581430

Awesome, thankyou :) You've been the most helpful on here! :)

How did you sort out the curve? Did your chassis stop before the curve?
"Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe"

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #87118

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
Good thing about the Bane, is the mid section is clam shelled, so when you have the saber disassembled, you can split it in 2 and mock up switches, RCP, chassis and speaker in 1 half, so you can see if you need to make any mods to the chassis, and which orientation of the parts works best.

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #87119

• Hightower85
[Good thing about the Bane, is the mid section is clam shelled, so when you have the saber disassembled, you can split it in 2 and mock up switches, RCP, chassis and speaker in 1 half, so you can see if you need to make any mods to the chassis, and which orientation of the parts works best.]

The first thing I did when I got it was to take it apart so I can get a better idea on how it's all put together and also have a better idea on where a potential chassis could sit.

The hardest bit is the chassis, all the internals are ready to rock it's just designing a chassis to fit the bend.

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #87121

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
I just fit it in the back half of the bend. chassis and speaker at the pommel with a single button spark 2 set up its a bit tricky to change fonts due to its orientation but it does work.

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #87122

• Hightower85
Vechaljian wrote:
I just fit it in the back half of the bend. chassis and speaker at the pommel with a single button spark 2 set up its a bit tricky to change fonts due to its orientation but it does work.

Not bad :)

I'm installing the Igniter 3 in mine along with the NEcree! :lol:

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #87125

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
Nice, you should check out one of these. A 4 channel star, Im gonna do one on my next igniter build in r/g/rb/w utilize all them sweet channels on the board.

https://thesaberarmory.com/product/quad-cree-xpe-2-custom-configuration-lightsaber-led-lens/
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• A crazy friend... (6 Posts)
    • Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's done, he just received it.... He knows I've forbidden him to show it to me...
    • Overhauling my Ultrasaber... (55 Posts)
    • Oh, and do yourself a favor and buy on one of the mats TCSS sells that has the Nano Biscottee wiring...
    • Overhauling my Ultrasaber... (55 Posts)
    • Yes it will, you will want an 82ohm resistor for that assuming you wire directly from the main power...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6718
  • Latest Member: CaptainCrunch
  • Total Posts: 67k
  • Total Topics: 5670
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 45