Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2)

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 2 weeks 5 hours ago #85754

• axelstriker
Hello everyone,

I am new to Saberforge and will be wiring an empty Bane mk2 hilt as my first project. I was wondering if some kind soul knew the Internal Diameter of this hilt. This way I can make the right choices in electronics!

Also, any ideas on where to get an internal chassis for this beauty would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fitting Electronics into SF hilt (Bane Mk2) 1 week 6 days ago #85787

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 227
It looks like a 1.10inch internal sizing, but with the elbow you don't have much room before the bend. I bought mine with a sabercore 3.0 so it has SF pre assembled shuttle on it and while I can slide it out a little I didn't want to force it out... My guess would be that if you measure a 18650( I cant tell if they used a keystone battery tray or not) with a 28mm premium speaker glued to it for length that would be about the space you have before the bend.
I did a self install on the MK1 bane and a Vanquish, since they are clam shelled I bought the 1.10 inch 3d printed chassis for the card of my choice and speaker holder, and since they are clam shells, I mocked up and trimmed the chassis to fit the curves the way I wanted and wired them before closing it up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6602
  • Latest Member: Daunded
  • Total Posts: 65.8k
  • Total Topics: 5572
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4