Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 2 weeks 6 days ago #89377

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1090
Hello Master Eddlyss,

I just sent you another PM to correct the previous advice I sent you!
I have learned a valuable lesson, don't rely on just diagrams....read all of the manual first!

from a slightly foolish feeling,

For Tyeth
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 2 weeks 6 days ago #89378

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "There is no death, there is the Force...no one's ever really gone."
  • Thank you received: 305
Right, so upon receiving that update from For Tyeth as well as looking a bit more closely at the PC manual, there is indeed a power indicator panel on the board, which I must have overlooked previously. I believe that I will need to solder a battery positive from the positive LED prong on the switch to this pad on the board, with the resistor somewhere in the middle, and the LED negative on the switch will be soldered to the battery negative pad on the board.

This seems right to me. EDIT: Am I still clear to use the 82ohm 1/4w resistor I purchased for this task, or do I need a different one?

Xiphos, Eris, Oracle Shoto
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Eddlyss64.

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 2 weeks 2 days ago #89592

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Welp, my package got delayed, so that's cool.. :angry: anyway, while I'm waiting, is this resistor I've got picked out gonna work? I bought an 82ohm 1/4w resistor to use with the switch.

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 1 week 4 days ago #89753

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Package did eventually arrive, and everything seems to be in good order. I still need a speaker, however, as well as a blade plug.

Then this sale happened. I could definitely bite the bullet and order almost $150 worth of parts and an empty Xiphos. I would be able to get a speaker for this project (which I desperately need), as well as a blade and blade plug for the Xiphos build, which I would have to start almost immediately if I wanted this to be worth it. Not a big deal, and it would give me an excuse to start the Xiphos.

But if I make a big order through the mainsite, that almost guarantees that I won't be getting the parts in time for May the Fourth, with how lead times are as of now. However, if I don't order at all, I definitely won't get the current project done by May the Fourth.

What should I do here?

Also, will this resistor work for the switch?

EDIT: according to the LED Resistor calculator SFD linked, I'll actually need a 1/8w 100 ohm resistor if I'm connecting to the 3.7v battery, or a 68ohm resistor....or, what? I'm definitely confused.

Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Eddlyss64.

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 1 week 3 days ago #89775

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 372
I don't know a lot about lighted switches, but you definitely don't need as powerful a resistor for the LED in the switch as you do for your main ones. The board doesn't pump as much juice through the accent LED pads as it does through the main LED pads.

If you want something done by May 4th, then it's your best bet to have this saber complete by then, as you're definitely not going to get a SF order by then. So, I would personally buy the stuff needed for this. There will be another SF sale at some point that you can take advantage of.

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 1 week 1 hour ago #89892

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
So as I'm doing work on the hilt and testing some things, a question has occurred to me. How do I install a retaining o-ring in the pommel to keep the end cap from rattling or falling in onto the speaker? I have a 1 1/4", a 1 1/8" and a 1" on hand.

Overhauling my Ultrasabers Apprentice 1 week 1 hour ago #89893

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 523
You will need either some small needle nose pliers, or a special set of pliers specifically for doing snap rings. Basically you squeeze it together and then slide it into place, and release so the tension holds it in place.
www.etsy.com/shop/thekybershop

www.facebook.com/jasotsabers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (91 Posts)
    • Hi KelbornX, And thanks for all you have contributed and done for the forum members and...
    • Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (91 Posts)
    • Well it's the last (or second to last?) day of these forums. Links have already been posted to...
    • Sabercore3 not saving (9 Posts)
    • How do you do the firmware update bud
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (61 Posts)
    • Hi Major, The shade on the Gladius body block ring doesn't look too bad (in your comparison...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (61 Posts)
    • Quote: Ah I see what you mean Major_Tom....it is a tad dark! But I could only judge on the photo you...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.4k
  • Total Topics: 5842
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 146
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 14