Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Mpp mk1

Mpp mk1 1 week 3 days ago #87296

• shousee12
  • Thank you received: 1
I've got an empty MPP MK1, and I'm thinking about installing the electronics on my own, what switch did they use on these sabers? Also, where can I find a diagram for the wiring?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Mpp mk1 1 week 1 day ago #87335

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 252
shousee12 wrote:
I've got an empty MPP MK1, and I'm thinking about installing the electronics on my own, what switch did they use on these sabers? Also, where can I find a diagram for the wiring?

I believe that most sabers utilize 12mm momentary switches. You can find ones with accent LEDs on the Saberforge site or the Custom Saber Shop.

As for wiring, the wiring will depend somewhat on the soundboard you're using. Do you know what soundboard you want to use? Or, a better question: are you looking for as many options and extra functionality as possible (like multiple soundfonts, flash on clash, in hilt settings, etc.), or do you want to keep things simple?

As for blade color LED, this will also affect wiring. Are you keeping things simple with a single color?

A lot of variables are going to depend on just what exactly you want to do with this saber. I will tell you that things will be more complicated if you want to wire both of the Crystal Reveal LEDs.

Xiphos, Avenger, Eris

Mpp mk1 1 week 1 day ago #87339

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 422
I personally do not have the SF "MPP" so I'm not sure as to switch placement, but....

Typical setup for an MPP is to use the bulb release button (black button along the top just behind the emitter) as the main activation and in the case of an aux switch (for soundboards that require two switches) an under card switch is often used. Again, that's a more common setup for a vintage MPP or an "Accurate" replica. I'm not sure if the bulb release on the SF version is functional.

Depending on whether or not the bulb release can be used here are my suggestions for you:

-- Tri-Cree dR/dR/G - reds are your main color, green gets overlaid for a yellow FOC (this is about as screen accurate of a color combo as you will get without RGB)
-- NBv4 sound board - Basic soundboard, easy to install, 3 sound fonts, very easy to setup
-- Not sure the inner dimensions but if they are the usual 1.12" for a SF hilt then you should be able to piece together a chassis from 1.11" chassis parts. Check out Goth-3designs on shapeways or SF will be unleashing their own chassis soon (that may require a little modification to work with an NBv4)
-- Panasonic 18650B protected battery
-- KR sabers or Saber Essentials 28mm speaker
-- 12mm offset recharge port

Bare in mind this will likely not be an easy or straightforward install. SF hilts are typically very install friendly, but these look to be harder install.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Mpp mk1 1 week 1 day ago #87344

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 283
SF MPP's mk1 or mk2 if installed with electronics from SF utilize the first 2 bubbles on the bubble strip using I'm sure the micro switches under the card(at least from what I've read and seen in videos) hero's might use the last 2 bubbles for the aux...the bulb release on it is static.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Vechaljian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jas-Ot

Mpp mk1 1 week 1 day ago #87372

• shousee12
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you everyone for your input! I happened to find some small tactile switches, so I'll try that. I've got a deep red led and a battery with the battery holder from a different saber. I was planning on buying the veteran sabercore 2.5 import, charge port, and bass speaker from saberforge. I also emailed saberforge to see if I could just mail it in and have them install some electronics, but I haven't heard back yet.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• A crazy friend... (6 Posts)
    • Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's done, he just received it.... He knows I've forbidden him to show it to me...
    • Overhauling my Ultrasaber... (55 Posts)
    • Oh, and do yourself a favor and buy on one of the mats TCSS sells that has the Nano Biscottee wiring...
    • Overhauling my Ultrasaber... (55 Posts)
    • Yes it will, you will want an 82ohm resistor for that assuming you wire directly from the main power...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6718
  • Latest Member: CaptainCrunch
  • Total Posts: 67k
  • Total Topics: 5670
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 45