Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Luxeon 23mm Quads

Luxeon 23mm Quads 2 weeks 6 days ago #88192

• Sere Sudae
  • Thank you received: 5
Has anyone tried installing a quad Luxeon into a saber yet? I imagine the increased diameter would mean you'd have to modify the typical heatsink shrouds, especially with the unique optics. However, the ability to select each die individually is super tempting, especially if it means you can have two unique/custom hardware color presets at 6W each, for the folks working on soundless options. I could, by pressing two buttons, switch from A/RO to G/RB for example. Or just imagine the power of 4x Luxeon Lime...

I haven't seen many (if any) posts talking about the Quad Luxeons, so I figured I'd ask before attempting an undoubtedly expensive and certainly risky experiment.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SF experience (13 Posts)
    • I've ordered 4 sabers over the past year. Only one of those four was returned for a full refund. the...
    • Rian's Trilogy and the In... (3 Posts)
    • Of course EU no longer exists. I'm by no means a fan of a lot of the EU stuff, and when the deal...
    • You must understand it's a dirty and dangerous job supplying both the light side and the dark side...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (9 Posts)
    • thank you A-C2H2 but I am able to get to the builder, just sayin they removed the link from the main...
    • Hmm... how to say this without getting in trouble.... Let's just say, I've been less than thrilled...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6826
  • Latest Member: jay.brow
  • Total Posts: 68.7k
  • Total Topics: 5787
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 33