Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Installing New Soundboard

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 11 months ago #1618

• Jayskywalker21
  • Light side, only because I prefer Blue to Red
  • Thank you received: 1
I love Saberforge because their hilt designs are awesome, and come at a good price. The only thing I don't like is the soundboard is limited, and you can't edit the sound-fonts on the champion edition soundboards.

Because of that, I was wondering if you guys tried out other soundboards, and if you could give some tips on installing the boards into the saber, and what the best sound fonts are.
"For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
-Yoda
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 11 months ago #1625

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
I personally only have experience wiring the MR/Hasbro soundboards and the Nano Biscotte v2 from The Custom Saber Shop. The NBv2 is a great entry level soundboard, it's only about $60 and has two fully customizable sound banks. It also has some other features, but I haven't played around with any of them.

On a personal note, I believe that each lightsaber should have its own distinct personality, a single color and a single sound. I'm not a fan of changing colors or sounds on the fly, so it doesn't bother me that the SaberForge champion soundboards don't have customizable sound fonts. But again, that's my personal preference :)

I know that there are several other great soundboards out there, ranging in price and quality. But if you've never installed a soundboard before and want a good entry level board with fantastic features and ease of use and great price, the NBv2 is the best option from everything I've read.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: FailedJedi, KiakahiSonic7

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 5 months ago #12521

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
DarthMario95 wrote:
I personally only have experience wiring the MR/Hasbro soundboards and the Nano Biscotte v2 from The Custom Saber Shop. The NBv2 is a great entry level soundboard, it's only about $60 and has two fully customizable sound banks. It also has some other features, but I haven't played around with any of them.

On a personal note, I believe that each lightsaber should have its own distinct personality, a single color and a single sound. I'm not a fan of changing colors or sounds on the fly, so it doesn't bother me that the SaberForge champion soundboards don't have customizable sound fonts. But again, that's my personal preference :)

I know that there are several other great soundboards out there, ranging in price and quality. But if you've never installed a soundboard before and want a good entry level board with fantastic features and ease of use and great price, the NBv2 is the best option from everything I've read.

do you know if its easy or hard for a newbie to install his first soundboard on a SF lightsaber ?
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 5 months ago #12544

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
The only issue you should have with SF hilts is taking them apart. They glue them together after they finish them. You can get them apart but it isn't exactly easy.

If by any chance, you've yet to order your SF hilt, you can request that they not glue your threads when you order it.

Outside of that, you should be fine.

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #13673

• Impus
Does anyone know what is the amperage in 12W saber? I've found in the specifications of Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 that the maximum amperage is 2A and I am wondering if it will work with 12W Saberforge LED module?
Impus, Acolyte from the Brotherhood of the Sith
"Those who ask for mercy are too weak to deserve it." - Darth Bane

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #13695

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
For a nbv2 to run a 12w you need a power extender... that's literally the limit of my knowledge on that subject, but hey! At least I know that much, right?

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #13738

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
Knytiri wrote:
For a nbv2 to run a 12w you need a power extender... that's literally the limit of my knowledge on that subject, but hey! At least I know that much, right?

that literally answered the Question i had in my head
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #13986

• InfernoHusky
Does anyone know how to install a soundboard on a warrior level saber? I just bought my first saber and kinda decided late that i wanted sound :S

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #13987

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I would suggest heading over to tcss.com and browsing both their selection of boards and their forums for guides and howtos. :)

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #14219

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
I think a lot of people don't really grasp the reality of installing soundboards in sabers.
It's like asking "how do you build a house?" There is a million things to consider and no real easy answer, just because of how many options you have to get the job done.

But yes, if you know how to solder, you can watch a video in The Custom Saber Shop forums that shows detailed, step by step instructions on how to wire a saber with a cheap sound board.

Their instructional/tutorial video section will help you a lot if you want to learn to build sabers.

Installing New Soundboard 1 year 4 months ago #14225

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 844
There is a certain pride, and satisfaction attached to being able to do something for yourself, and to do it well. To be sure, you have to try things to find out where your talents truly lie, and where you limitations begin. I have been around long enough to know my limitations, especially where it applies to detailed electronics work. So, I choose to let the professionals do their thing for me, and to enjoy the results of their work. However, you won't know until you try, so if you can swing it - watch the tutorial, and give it a shot!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My custom 7W Reborn laser... (33 Posts)
    • Wow. That is sweet! I know scientifically lightsabers can't be done, but this still gives me hope....
    • My custom 7W Reborn laser... (33 Posts)
    • Quote: Hello folks! I've finally finished the burning video. Here it is!...[video] WOW that thing is awesome! I...
    • Which soundboards have a ... (9 Posts)
    • Quote: As it's been identified, short of volume parameter set at 0 or a 'Ghost Font' created into one of...
    • Lightsaber Problems (4 Posts)
    • Cool thanks guys, I figured as much. I'm glad for the confirmation! Happy Sabering

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4500
  • Latest Member: dmptrcks
  • Total Posts: 49.3k
  • Total Topics: 3715
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 17