Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saber sound change

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #7305

• Blorb
  • Have a nice day!!
  • Thank you received: 5
i plan on buying a champion saber.can the sound be changed by ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #7307

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 491
The champion level sabers use boards made by SF (Viridian and Crimson) that can't have their sound fonts changed (they're built in as opposed to using a micro SF card). They have preset ignition, retraction, idle him, swing and clash sounds, an auxiliary effect, and blade flicker. The volume, flicker speed, swing and clash sensitivity can be adjusted via an on-board menu.

The hero level sabers use the Spark Color board that does allow for font customization, but does not have the on-board menu that the Viridian and Crimson have.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #7310

• Blorb
  • Have a nice day!!
  • Thank you received: 5
Then can the sound board be changed to one that can download sounds?

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #7319

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
One of the SF smiths takes commissions for installing other soundboards into SF hilts. That's something he does personally, not a service offered by SaberForge. You'll want to contact Justin directly if you're interested.

But no, SaberForge only sells hilts with the Spark Igniter or Sabercore soundboards.

Unless you're asking about you, personally, installing your own soundboard, which of course is totally possible. People do it.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Miraluka. Reason: Unless

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #7493

• naigon
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
  • Thank you received: 17
Gyarados66 wrote:
The hero level sabers use the Spark Color board that does allow for font customization, but does not have the on-board menu that the Viridian and Crimson have.

Actually the Spark Color 2™ that started shipping last month does have the ability to adjust colors AND motion sensitivity right from the board without removing the micro SD card. When the saber is in the idle menu mode, point the saber straight down and hold the aux button to enter "Saber Configuration". From there you can press the aux to cycle through Colorset Editor, Motion Editor, and Spark Color (main firmware).

Here's a link to the Spark Color 2™ release video, go to 5:32 to see about Saber Configuration:

With Spark Color 2™ there really are not too many more settings so with these two editors you can configure most setting without pulling the SD card in real time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka, Dauntless 7

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8055

• Slippy
  • Plumber by day, vigilante by night
  • Thank you received: 1
So guys I have a question? You guys seem to know the guts well enough with the sabers. I ordered my first one still waiting on it. I went all out got the hero teir so Id have all the options bells and whistles. Well if all goes well and I fall madly in love with it. ( like so many others) I want to start hilt collecting especially one crystal saber. How hard is it to add a teir 3 champion option down the road.(wife will never allow me to get loaded sabers $$$ lol) on a scale of 1-10? Id say my concept of tinkering with electronics or mechanical is a 9 but I get lost on programming if I have to plug into a computer. I took electronics tech in college so I no how to solder and wire tiny boards. Any thoughts guys ?
Own
Juggernaut hero

Want
Monarch
Venom
Gladius
And future vanguard

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8113

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
I'm confused. Are you talking about adding a soundboard and recharge port to a stunt or something? You mentioned your hero and asked about a champion upgrade.

If you ARE talking about upgrading a stunt and your skills are as good as you say, it shouldn't be much of an issue for you. I have no idea where to put it on a scale of 1-10.

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8151

• Slippy
Yes. Basically I want to start buying just the hilt like tier 1. No blade no led and Then I just want to save up and add soundboards and led myself. Through out time so I can save.
Own
Juggernaut hero

Want
Monarch
Venom
Gladius
And future vanguard

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8171

• Darth Tyranus
  • Premium Member
  • "Something something something Darkside something something something Complete"
  • Thank you received: 11
If you are just looking for one sound font, their saber core boards i believe are programmed and can not be changed. That would just be a matter of wiring and soldering up everything correctly. For more advanced boards like the spark color you would have to configure the settings on a SD card using your computer from instructions on their website.

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8182

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Well... starting with an empty is fine, although I'd suggest buying a SF LED module. You can still put your own LED in it, but having a module that's already designed to fit in their hilts to build in will save you some headache.

I would prefer to buy everything at once rather than buying more stuff over time because it will make your life a lot easier if you build the whole thing at once, rather than dismantling it every time you need to make an upgrade. Just my preference, though. I don't even like building hilts without recharge ports. I prefer to leave everything closed up as often as possible.

Just 2 other things to know if you're buying an empty/warrior to upgrade.

1. Apprentice sabers are 2 pieces. The only place that the hilt unscrews is the pommel, and the interior diameter is smaller than the elite hilts so they'll be trickier to build in.

2. If you buy an Elite hilt, make sure they don't glue your threads together. I don't know if they routinely do that with empty hilts but with all the others, they glue them together so that they won't unscrew (can't be unscrewed). That would not be easy to build in either.

All that being said, yeah, you can upgrade an empty hilt all day. You're only limited to what you can afford and what you can fit in the hilt.

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8186

• Slippy
Alright thanks guys. Was just wondering but almost smarter just to order the hilts I want with the features Id want. Instead of trying to finish over time.
Own
Juggernaut hero

Want
Monarch
Venom
Gladius
And future vanguard

Saber sound change 1 year 6 months ago #8191

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
While I agree that getting it all at once rather than doing it over time is smarter, it can be pretty cost effective to DIY certain things. But whatever you're most comfortable with doing.

I find that having more "bells & whistles" means cheaper to DIY, whereas it's not quite so cost effective to DIY a stunt. Unless it's a PVC or something like that.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FOR SALE - "Eidolon&... (4 Posts)
    • That is gorgeous....if only I had a tree that grew money.
    • Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ ... (17 Posts)
    • I'm definitely one of those crazies. I have more than one of these I like them so much! My ONLY...
    • Plug & Play Champion ... (33 Posts)
    • I am surprised (although not doubting you) that there is no way to control the vibration and it just...
    • Looking for a lightsaber,... (18 Posts)
    • I will chime in as an advocate of Deep Red as well. It reminds me very much of the shade of red...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4579
  • Latest Member: NICKTofficial
  • Total Posts: 48.3k
  • Total Topics: 3593
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 46