Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58512

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1873
The following is a List of the known mixing combinations that SaberForge uses in their Quad Cree (12Watt+) LEDs. It is important to note that whilst most are current there is every likelihood that some may have or are subject to change without notice. In addition to the 13 Colours Video Demonstration and Image Representation on Main Site the following can serve as a reference Guide.
  • Frost White: White/White/White/Blue
  • Light Blue: Blue/Blue/Blue/Blue
  • Arctic Blue: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Green/Green
  • Medium Blue: Blue/Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue
  • Deep Blue: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue
  • Cyan: Green/Green/Blue/Blue
  • Green: Green/Green/Green/Green
  • Mint Green: Green/Green/Green/Blue
  • Lime Green: Green/Green/Green/Amber Amber/Amber/Green/Green
  • Yellow: Amber/Amber/Green/Green Amber/Amber/Amber/Green
  • Amber: Amber/Amber/Amber/Amber
  • Blood Orange:
    Red/Red/Amber/Amber Red Orange/Red Orange/Red Orange/Red Orange
  • Red: Red/Red/Red/Red
  • Deep Red: Photo Red/Photo Red/Photo Red/Photo Red
  • Medium Red: Photo Red/Photo Red/Red/Red
  • Pink: Blue/Blue/Red/Red
  • Purple: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Red/Red
  • Indigo: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Red
  • Frost Blue (Custom): White/White/Royal Blue/Royal Blue
The following Images will show examples of the Colours described above from the various Owners and their respective Reviews/Posts in the Forum. Photos courtesy from and Thanks to in no particular Order:
BoostinIX (with the suggestion); greyjediDude; HotRod; Savannah95; Kered; NeBosa; monkeyofshaolin; RyanRising; CallmeMistaJ; Renaissance1459; Tuckris; samross04; revan221; Fubuki; Execute66; xyster; BZArcher; Exkalibur; tech_droid; Master Annatar; Afkor; Afadir; Andi-Jae EL; (Ratio update) Jaden Korr, Brady329, Khang, Kouri

Please note: Image representation in pictures is for indicative purposes only and does not accurately represent what is actually seen in person.
I do not own every available Colour and images shown are obviously not captured with consistency to environment, position placement and lighting.

Ratio Edit Updates:
09/07/2016 - Jaden Korr: Yellow, Lime Green
12/07/2016 - Brady329: Arctic Blue, Cyan
14/07/2016 - Kouri: (corrected ^^) Arctic Blue, Cyan
15/07/2016 - Brady329: Mint Green
17/08/2016 - OP: Deep Red, Medium Red
14/11/2016 - fuzzjunk: Blood Orange
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: ratio update courtesy of fuzzjunk ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedikind, RichellM, MrBond, HotRod, DarthTtocs, Renaissance1459, BoostinIX, SuUpberSith, Davin, SublimeDelusions, reevie, ToyKeeper, KiakahiSonic7, EternalWing, tobalation

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58513

• OvrcAHst
Frost White:

Arctic Blue:

Light Blue:

Medium Blue:

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RichellM, Renaissance1459

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58514

• OvrcAHst
Cyan:

Deep Blue:

Green:

Yellow:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RichellM

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58515

• OvrcAHst
Amber:

Blood Orange:

Red:

Pink:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RichellM

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58516

• OvrcAHst
Purple:

Indigo:

Mint Green:

Lime Green:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, RichellM, Borommakot, Renaissance1459, BoostinIX

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58538

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Excellent compilation, and very helpful!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58539

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 575
This'll make a great resource. Thanks!

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58546

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
I see you used my picture from my Chosen review for one of the Mint Green examples. I'm torn between being flattered and wanting to joke threaten you with a copyright notice. :P

That being said, are we sure Blood Orange is red/red/amber/amber? My Blood Orange Bane seems to have all four dies the same color (red-orange, I'm assuming?) based on past testing (by which I mean "shining it on the wall without a blade plug and seeing if I can spot the different colors). I'll try to get a pic when I get home to illustrate.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58619

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 35
Really nicely compiled, OvrcAHst...I can't imagine the effort that you have done to make this extensive colour gallery, from collecting the pictures from many different threads, labeling them, sorting them out, etc...Kudos and thank you so much for your hard work! :)

And thank you as well for including the picture my green PS...I am glad if it could be of help for others who are looking for information regarding the SF saber colours...

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58621

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 142
Very useful! Shows how some colors look slightly (and in some colors, drastically) different in different lighting. Thanks!
:cheer:

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58623

• OvrcAHst
Thank you All for your comments. The colour combinations known and used are known by many however through observation of the many New members coming through there was an equal likelihood that it was unknown by many also. I have found myself searching for the references many times and with so many Posts/Topics in the Forum breaching the subject, it was a recent exchange with BoostinIX that warranted the action for sooner rather later. Acknowledged there are many Posts but (thought one existed but search returned inconclusive) none actually referenced all in one location.

Afadir,
I see you used my picture from my Chosen review for one of the Mint Green examples.
Indeed I did. There aren't many 12+ Mint Green images here that IMO illustrate close to what is seen. I've personally only just acquired a standard 12w Mint Green and whilst the similarities may be subtle was aiming for something more current. Should I have chopped your selfie-face from the image? ;)
That being said, are we sure Blood Orange is red/red/amber/amber? My Blood Orange Bane seems to have all four dies the same color (red-orange, I'm assuming?) based on past testing (by which I mean "shining it on the wall without a blade plug and seeing if I can spot the different colors).
BO has been 'known' to be 2Red/2Amber and is even referenced in SF's Video. It's not impossible that your specific mix may be different to that described but as the List isn't formulated from SF on an Official capacity accuracy will not equal 100%. I had hoped with inserting the following text it would have covered that argument.
It is important to note that whilst most are current there is every likelihood that some may have or are subject to change without notice.
I've got a Custom Red-Orange 6watt on my Custom Exalted and a Red 6watt on my Custom Monarch and there is a distinct difference, visually in person and by image. These didn't meet the 12watt+ criteria though.

Renaissance1459,
I can't imagine the effort that you have done to make this extensive colour gallery, from collecting the pictures from many different threads, labeling them, sorting them out, etc...Kudos and thank you so much for your hard work!
All for the Forum and the greater good. ;) It did take some time but I've had some practice with other areas of the Forum.

Muns,
Shows how some colors look slightly (and in some colors, drastically) different in different lighting.
Agreed. Over the course of time, I intend on updating the image references to something more current and ideally stage the setting for Daylight/Night-time for representations of each. Will see in due course how many QCs I end up with representing each of the colours available.. ;) more than likely though, it will be a lot faster using images from the many upcoming Reviews inbound.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58857

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
You picked good examples for yellow, because the first one is what it looks like for the majority of its battery life, while the second ls closer to a full charge (hence the greener hue).
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58859

• OvrcAHst
You picked good examples for yellow, because the first one is what it looks like for the majority of its battery life, while the second ls closer to a full charge (hence the greener hue).
Mate, glad you concur. The final selection process with choosing the best for demonstration some were from Colours I own so could observationally mirror while others were deduced. I've got a 12watt+ Yellow (from a 6/6 combination) but being on a Thin Neck looks very different to the Dual Cree Yellows on my RGBs. IMO, Yellow is one of those colours that enables more brilliance in a dark room. Or maybe it's just how my eyes register it. :huh:

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58865

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Nah, I was just messing with you about the picture, Ovrc. :D Glad it came in useful.

Also, missed the caveat on the die combo accuracy. Sounds like a good way to cover your bases. I should also say my Blood Orange is a 12W, not a 12W+, so it's very possible that they may have gone to red-orange dies for the 12W, then had to go back to mixing red and amber for 12W+.

Regardless, you did a hell of a job here, and I thank you for it!
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58866

• OvrcAHst
:lol: But I had this all ready to go as a backup? :huh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58917

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
I propose a new quadcree color mix based off a color I custom created using the US emerald driver.
I call it "Crimson red" I was trying to match the very reddish/pink color of Darth Vaders lightsaber blade in empire strikes back.
Its basically 100% red mixed with 10%guardian blue(guardian blue translates to royal blue) and its real real close to what I was going for.

If saberforge mixed red/red/red/royal blue as one of the quad cree setups I bet they could come real close as well. And it would be way brighter than anything the emerald driver is capable of. The color is between saberforges red and pink, but closer to red than pink.

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gorobulus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58919

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
Interesting idea. It looks a bit like one of the shades of red used in TCW as well (which I'm a fan of).

I'm not very familiar with US electronics. Do you know what kind of dies their LED uses? Where their red dies lie on the color spectrum vs SF would make a difference.

If they would offer this as "Crimson Red," perhaps they could call their current red "Fire Red."

And if we're suggesting new color combos, how about amber/amber/amber/green for something more golden than yellow and but less orange than amber?

Part of me wants it since we already have A/A/G/G (yellow) and G/G/G/A (lime green), so this would complete the pattern.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gorobulus

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58921

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Interesting idea. It looks a bit like one of the shades of red used in TCW as well (which I'm a fan of).

I'm not very familiar with US electronics. Do you know what kind of dies their LED uses? Where their red dies lie on the color spectrum vs SF would make a difference.

If they would offer this as "Crimson Red," perhaps they could call their current red "Fire Red."

And if we're suggesting new color combos, how about amber/amber/amber/green for something more golden than yellow and but less orange than amber?

Part of me wants it since we already have A/A/G/G (yellow) and G/G/G/A (lime green), so this would complete the pattern.

US Red looks exactly the same as SF Red only not as bright. They offer tri cree while saberforge is quad cree. But the shade of red itself is the same. Guardian blue is just Ultrsabers name for royal blue, but again the shades are the same.
A red/red/red/royal blue quad cree mix should yield the same shade I got by running one red dye at 100% and one blue dye at 10%. Just run all three red dies all the way up and then bring in just enough royal blue to pink it up a bit.
Saberforge knows what they're doing Im sure they would figure it out. They may even do it better.

Most red lightsabers in the movies to my eye have a slight pinkish hue to them, not like the pink quad cree we currently have which is full on my little pony pink. What I was going for was a saber that is red, but with just enough blue in it to move more towards the pink side of red than the orangey side we have now. I came damn close and Im happy with the mix, but the emerald driver is an RGBW system and so isn't dedicated solely to one color.(I.E. Im not even using the green or white) so theres definitely wasted power there.
But Saberforge could use their quadcree system to mix red/red/red/royal blue and probably come close to the same shade, but it would be much brighter because there is no wasted power and unused dies.

I think it would instantly become a very popular sith color, because of how close it looks to the movies.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58927

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Gorobulus wrote:
US Red looks exactly the same as SF Red only not as bright. They offer tri cree while saberforge is quad cree. But the shade of red itself is the same.

Gotcha. I was looking for the die model, but a quick google showed me it wouldn't really matter, since the Cree XB-D, E, E2 red dies and the Luxon Rebel red dies are all between 620 and 630 nm, and the Cree XB-E photo red and Luxon Rebel deep red are between 650 and 670 nm. And from what I've heard, the deeper reds don't color mix as well anyway.
I think it would instantly become a very popular sith color, because of how close it looks to the movies.

I agree, especially if SF ever goes back to developing their Vader inspired hilt again. They could have this red ("Crimson" or "Classic"), their current Red (or perhaps "Fire"), and if a deep/photo red is developed for the dies SF uses there could be a "Blood" Red.

I remember Kouri mentioning in another thread that a CSR told him you could get a 6w/6w/12w style Hero LED* by ordering the 12w LED from the Accessories page and specifying the 2 6w colors in the comments (the context was for a G/G/W/W the OP wanted for a FoC setup), and is a way to get non-standard SF colors.

I might be tempted to try this with red and purple as the color choices (R/R and R/rB). I want my next saber to be something Dark Side, and I already have a photo red Tri-Cree module for it, but this way I could have some options.

*the LEDs used in Champion and Hero sabers are identical, just the wiring between them and the soundboard is different.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Clearer explanation.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 9 months ago #58928

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Gorobulus wrote:
US Red looks exactly the same as SF Red only not as bright. They offer tri cree while saberforge is quad cree. But the shade of red itself is the same.

Gotcha. I was looking for the die model, but a quick google showed me it wouldn't really matter, since the Cree XB-D, E, E2 red dies and the Luxon Rebel red dies are all between 620 and 630 nm, and the Cree XB-E photo red and Luxon Rebel deep red are between 650 and 670 nm. And from what I've heard, the deeper reds don't color mix as well anyway.

I agree, especially if SF ever goes back to developing their Vader inspired hilt again. They could have this red ("Crimson" or "Classic"), their current Red (or perhaps "Fire"), and if a deep/photo red is developed for the dies SF uses there could be a "Blood" Red.

I remember Kouri mentioning in another thread that a CSR told him you could get a 6w/6w/12w style Hero LED* by ordering the 12w LED from the Accessories page and specifying the 2 6w colors in the comments (the context was for a G/G/W/W the OP wanted for a FoC setup), and is a way to get non-standard SF colors.

I might be tempted to try this with red and purple as the color choices (R/R and R/rB). I want my next saber to be something Dark Side, and I already have a photo red Tri-Cree module for it, but this way I could have some options.

*the only difference being having separate positive and negative wires for the 2 colors.

So wait you're telling me its possible to order custom color mixes from SF? The next saber Im planning to get is a hero all black vanquish. I was going to select red as both my blade colors so I would end up with 12W+ red. But I could get it as red/red/red/RB if I ask for it?
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Thomas Snyder Quote of th... (4 Posts)
    • SF always have something up their sleeve! Will be waiting for their take on these hilts.
    • Changing soundfonts on th... (16 Posts)
    • Try updating the firmware....save your fonts first the do the update the firmware file is in your...
    • Pro's and Con's of this h... (21 Posts)
    • I am fortunate that had my wife lived (lost her to mental illness some years back) she would have...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6731
  • Latest Member: JamesAmeft
  • Total Posts: 67.1k
  • Total Topics: 5680
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 33