Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58939

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Not really color related, but I thought this would kind of tangentially go here, since it's meant to be an FAQ of sorts...

Here's a red 12W+ Saberforge ASP next to a (non-converted) Black Series Kylo Ren, to show the brightness difference.

Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Afadir.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58941

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
6watt+ Red (left)|6watt+ Custom Red-Orange (right)

Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58942

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Gorobulus wrote:
So wait you're telling me its possible to order custom color mixes from SF? The next saber Im planning to get is a hero all black vanquish. I was going to select red as both my blade colors so I would end up with 12W+ red. But I could get it as red/red/red/RB if I ask for it?

I wouldn't call it a custom color mix, since in your case you'd just pick red (R/R) for the first blade color and purple (R/rB) as the other, with the combined blade color being R/R/R/rB:

The other scenario I mentioned was for ordering an individual LED module from the Accessories page in a color combo you would normally only get in 6/6/12 Hero setup. Link to that thread for posterity

It is possible to get custom quad LEDs made from the SF Custom Shop, like the red and red-orange color mix user ron11dot3 got for his custom crossguard saber.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: words

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58946

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
Gorobulus, if you do manage to get a R/R/R/Rb saber, please PLEASE post a picture of that when you get it in. I've been curious myself as to what that would look like for a while now.

US has a color they call Bane's Heart, which is sort of a red-purple/amethyst color (kind of "is as to red as indigo is to blue"), and I was wondering if Saberforge could do something similar with the diode combination you're describing (3 reds and a royal blue).

Especially since I own a US in Sunrider's Destiny, and Saberforge's Mint Green is essentially the same color, but SO MUCH BETTER.
Champion Fury 6W Green

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58950

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Afadir wrote:
Gorobulus, if you do manage to get a R/R/R/Rb saber, please PLEASE post a picture of that when you get it in. I've been curious myself as to what that would look like for a while now.

US has a color they call Bane's Heart, which is sort of a red-purple/amethyst color (kind of "is as to red as indigo is to blue"), and I was wondering if Saberforge could do something similar with the diode combination you're describing (3 reds and a royal blue).

Especially since I own a US in Sunrider's Destiny, and Saberforge's Mint Green is essentially the same color, but SO MUCH BETTER.

Banes heart has way to much blue in it. Banes heart is probably closer to magenta. But still much to much blue for the color Im talking about. The color I created is basically red, but with just enough blue to shift it away from the orangey red we get with a pure red led and inch it ever so slightly towards the pinker side of red. But its a small amount of blue. Like 1 part blue to 10 parts red.

Neither US or SF currently offers a color even close to this. The only way I could create it was with the US emerald driver which gives me direct control of how much of a color I want in the mix. It isn't a matter of just getting the right LED combination. For instance I could get, as Jaden suggests, a red/red 6 watt LED and a purple(red/blue) 6 watt LED, but the purple led would still have to much blue mixed in. The blue is the critical part of the mix. It has to be dialed in just right because just a pinch of blue goes a long way in affecting red.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58951

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
Gorobulus wrote:
Afadir wrote:

Banes heart has way to much blue in it. Banes heart is probably closer to magenta. But still much to much blue for the color Im talking about. The color I created is basically red, but with just enough blue to shift it away from the orangey red we get with a pure red led and inch it ever so slightly towards the pinker side of red. But its a small amount of blue. Like 1 part blue to 10 parts red.

Neither US or SF currently offers a color even close to this. The only way I could create it was with the US emerald driver which gives me direct control of how much of a color I want in the mix. It isn't a matter of just getting the right LED combination. For instance I could get, as Jaden suggests, a red/red 6 watt LED and a purple(red/blue) 6 watt LED, but the purple led would still have to much blue mixed in. The blue is the critical part of the mix. It has to be dialed in just right because just a pinch of blue goes a long way in affecting red.

I tend to think of magenta as being a bit brighter than Bane's Heart, but that's probably just an issue of my own definitions/perceptions, rather than reality. :D

Nonetheless, if you can get this color dialed in, please show us what it looks like. It sounds like it'll be an interesting shade. I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible on a Hero tier. Just have the reds going full and dial the blue down until you hit the right spot.
Champion Fury 6W Green

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58953

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
Afadir wrote:
Gorobulus wrote:
Afadir wrote:

I tend to think of magenta as being a bit brighter than Bane's Heart, but that's probably just an issue of my own definitions/perceptions, rather than reality. :D

Nonetheless, if you can get this color dialed in, please show us what it looks like. It sounds like it'll be an interesting shade. I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible on a Hero tier. Just have the reds going full and dial the blue down until you hit the right spot.

Ive never owned a hero saber yet. You can do that? Adjust each LED's power level like you can with the emerald driver? If so Jadens idea would work. I was under the impression that the LED's were set in stone even with the heros, but that RGB would let you select from a bunch of pre mixed colors. If you really have control over each individual LEDs power level with a hero saber that would be amazing.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Gorobulus.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58954

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
As Afadir said, you can adjust the drives of each channel on the SC2 using the editor on a computer.

Now I don't know whether SF wires their 6/6/12 Heros with each of the 4 dies on a separate channel (like in a RGBA setup), or with the 2 dies for each color connected to the same channel. If the former, set all 3 red channels on full, and adjust the royal blue one (like with your US saber) and if the the latter, set the red/red channel on full, and adjust the red/royal blue channel to your liking.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58956

• OvrcAHst
*note to self: leaving Forum Site open on separate Tab whilst trying to work is distracting :blink: *
Ive never owned a hero saber yet. You can do that? Adjust each LED's power level like you can with the emerald driver?
Yes. Unlike the US Emerald Drive where (IIRC) you have to be plugged in to manipulate colour profiles, Spark Color 2 effectively has 3 Options. 1: Using the onboard Menu as demonstrated by (6.10) Bassius on his Bane; 2: SD-Out and manually edit parameters without the SC2 Config. Editor; 3: SD-Out and semi-automated-editing parameters in SC2 Config. Editor where saving on exit auto-overwrites the 'master.ini' file.
Now I don't know whether SF wires their 6/6/12 Heros with each of the 4 dies on a separate channel (like in a RGBA setup), or with the 2 dies for each color connected to the same channel.
It's the latter for 6/6/12 Setup. I haven't fully explored all capabilities yet or played around with it (everything is still stock on my Hilts) but going through my email exchange Archives with Justin a while back, he sent me the following..
red orange and green will make a golden yellow and this will be able to be further modified to have additional color profiles for more orange, more yellow, ect. but the default color profiles will be 3.

to create new color profiles its very easy:
when you pop out your SD card (push to unlock push to lock) youll see a list of files:

backup
colr1
colr2
colr3
dat
font1
font2
(font3-6)
tracks
boot.wav
dual.wav
master.ini
silence.wav
st.wav
first thing to do is select all, copy into two folders. one labeled back up, and a second folder to make your changes. ALWAYS make a back up.

all you would need to do to create more color files is copy COLR3 from the second folder to your desktop and rename it COLR4 and make sure the data file from colr3 is in the new folder. the date file is called colorset and this file is in every COLR folder... then adjust the values from there. make sure you only adjust sc1 and sc3, sc1Clsh and sc3Clsh, and sc1Blst and sc3Blst. you will notice these are the only values with numbers in them. the number is the drive value. 255 is max brightness, anything less dims the LED and this is how you mix colors. the reason only sc1 and sc3 is used is because the spark color 2 has 4 channels with 4 transistors. we combine channels 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 to double on the transistors and double the drive capabilities giving us a brightness boost. so only adjust SC1 and SC3 values. hope that makes sense
your last step will be to open the master.ini file and go to the line nCsets=3 (its line 17 from the top) and adjust the 3 to the total amount of color profiles you have. if you made 2 more you know how have and set it to nCsets=5 for example.
you can also make changes in the config editor which updates the master.ini file automatically. but ive found just typing out the values is much easier. same principle applies youll see which colors are use in the config editor.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Afadir, Gorobulus, Davin

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #58975

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
*note to self: leaving Forum Site open on separate Tab whilst trying to work is distracting :blink: *
Ive never owned a hero saber yet. You can do that? Adjust each LED's power level like you can with the emerald driver?
Yes. Unlike the US Emerald Drive where (IIRC) you have to be plugged in to manipulate colour profiles, Spark Color 2 effectively has 3 Options. 1: Using the onboard Menu as demonstrated by (6.10) Bassius on his Bane; 2: SD-Out and manually edit parameters without the SC2 Config. Editor; 3: SD-Out and semi-automated-editing parameters in SC2 Config. Editor where saving on exit auto-overwrites the 'master.ini' file.
Now I don't know whether SF wires their 6/6/12 Heros with each of the 4 dies on a separate channel (like in a RGBA setup), or with the 2 dies for each color connected to the same channel.
It's the latter for 6/6/12 Setup. I haven't fully explored all capabilities yet or played around with it (everything is still stock on my Hilts) but going through my email exchange Archives with Justin a while back, he sent me the following..
red orange and green will make a golden yellow and this will be able to be further modified to have additional color profiles for more orange, more yellow, ect. but the default color profiles will be 3.

to create new color profiles its very easy:
when you pop out your SD card (push to unlock push to lock) youll see a list of files:

backup
colr1
colr2
colr3
dat
font1
font2
(font3-6)
tracks
boot.wav
dual.wav
master.ini
silence.wav
st.wav
first thing to do is select all, copy into two folders. one labeled back up, and a second folder to make your changes. ALWAYS make a back up.

all you would need to do to create more color files is copy COLR3 from the second folder to your desktop and rename it COLR4 and make sure the data file from colr3 is in the new folder. the date file is called colorset and this file is in every COLR folder... then adjust the values from there. make sure you only adjust sc1 and sc3, sc1Clsh and sc3Clsh, and sc1Blst and sc3Blst. you will notice these are the only values with numbers in them. the number is the drive value. 255 is max brightness, anything less dims the LED and this is how you mix colors. the reason only sc1 and sc3 is used is because the spark color 2 has 4 channels with 4 transistors. we combine channels 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 to double on the transistors and double the drive capabilities giving us a brightness boost. so only adjust SC1 and SC3 values. hope that makes sense
your last step will be to open the master.ini file and go to the line nCsets=3 (its line 17 from the top) and adjust the 3 to the total amount of color profiles you have. if you made 2 more you know how have and set it to nCsets=5 for example.
you can also make changes in the config editor which updates the master.ini file automatically. but ive found just typing out the values is much easier. same principle applies youll see which colors are use in the config editor.

That's great news. I had no idea you could still have that kind of led control on a hero saber without an rgb setup. Now I'm even more amped to order my hero vanquish in August.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59023

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Hey Gorobulus, if you aren't ordering your Hero Vanquish right away, it may be worth it to see if SF would wire the R/R/R/rB LED to the board like an RGBA one so you can get some more control over each die to fully dial in the color you want. Or even see what someone like Shameem or Jordan Moll would charge for an install like that if it isn't an option with SF.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gorobulus

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59024

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Hey Gorobulus, if you aren't ordering your Hero Vanquish right away, it may be worth it to see if SF would wire the R/R/R/rB LED to the board like an RGBA one so you can get some more control over each die to fully dial in the color you want. Or even see what someone like Shameem or Jordan Moll would charge for an install like that if it isn't an option with SF.

That's an interesting idea. Can you run all 4 dies at once with an rgba setup? I would probably start with all 3 reds full on and gradually bring the blue in from there. It's a cool idea if saberforge would do it.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59025

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Yep. Here's a pic of all the colors possible with Afadir's wife's hero RGBA Reborn, with the bottom color being all 4 dies on full blast:
Afadir wrote:
I'm not sure this is really helpful, but here's the pre-set color range of my wife's Hero Reborn.

Color 10 is one I set myself, with all 4 LEDs set to "255" in the on-board menu, which (while it doesn't show in the picture) has a very very slight purple tinge in person.

Also, if I recall correctly, the FOC for the Red setting is orange (color 6), I think?
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gorobulus

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59026

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Yep. Here's a pic of all the colors possible with Afadir's wife's hero RGBA Reborn, with the bottom color being all 4 dies on full blast:
Afadir wrote:
I'm not sure this is really helpful, but here's the pre-set color range of my wife's Hero Reborn.

Color 10 is one I set myself, with all 4 LEDs set to "255" in the on-board menu, which (while it doesn't show in the picture) has a very very slight purple tinge in person.

Also, if I recall correctly, the FOC for the Red setting is orange (color 6), I think?

Man now I'm tempted to go RGBA on my vanquish. I mean not only can i make my color I could make all those other colors to.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59027

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 177
That's why I grabbed Naigon's new RBG cree ;) Couldn't resist trying it.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59041

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
Gorobulus wrote:
Man now I'm tempted to go RGBA on my vanquish. I mean not only can i make my color I could make all those other colors to.

Oh, all of those (minus number 10) are just the PRE-SET colors, my man. You can mix up whatever kind of crazy color you want. Right now I've got the misses' pike set to a nice magenta/pink (along with a custom sound font I made for her comprised of cat meows/hisses :P )

Which another pro of the Hero tier that bears mentioning: you can add custom sound fonts.
Champion Fury 6W Green

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59049

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
Afadir wrote:
Gorobulus wrote:

Oh, all of those (minus number 10) are just the PRE-SET colors, my man. You can mix up whatever kind of crazy color you want. Right now I've got the misses' pike set to a nice magenta/pink (along with a custom sound font I made for her comprised of cat meows/hisses :P )

Which another pro of the Hero tier that bears mentioning: you can add custom sound fonts.

Question. Ive heard that the wrist twist color change function on hero sabers is a little to easy and happens accidentally often just from handling the saber. Is this true? Can you disable the wrist twist function to lock it on the current color?

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59051

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Here's the Spark Color 2 manual: LINK

I'd recommend reading the whole thing, but the usage and configuration editing portion starts on the lower half of page 15.

It does mention on page 21 that there is a parameter you can select that requires the AUX switch to be held while twisting to swap the colors. There's also quite a bit that can be adjusted with the in hilt menu as well.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: spelling

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 1 year 2 weeks ago #59073

• OvrcAHst
RGBA default Presets, coordinated..

Question. Ive heard that the wrist twist color change function on hero sabers is a little to easy and happens accidentally often just from handling the saber. Is this true? Can you disable the wrist twist function to lock it on the current color?
There was a Topic discussing this not that long ago (here, in case you missed it) and may be interest to you additionally if you are a Mac User. The AUX and Twist is an updated function as part of the SC2R2 upgrade. HotRod wrote of it working after a personal assist by Naigon was made.

You should be conscious of the possible axis-twist (regardless of twist with/without Auxiliary pressed) on Vanquish as it's a curved Hilt. Bassius references this and demonstrates it in his Review Video. However like most things, operation and function will become smoother with repetition.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 3 weeks ago #61649

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Brax wrote:
Excellent compilation, and very helpful!

Brax,
Would it be better to move this thread under "Saber Electronics DIY"?
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by RichellM. Reason: Re-worded
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5263
  • Latest Member: SithLordShrek
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119