Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62843

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Afadir has a mint saber; perhaps he could shine the light on a wall for us?
Kouri wrote:
I think someone asked about GGGW and Spark 2 earlier in this thread. Not going to draw up a diagram, but-

1) Connect each Green LED- to its own transistor on the TruDrive, using contacts 1-3.
2) Connect White- to TruDrive 4
3) Wire TruDrive 1-3 to C1 on the board
4) Wire TruDrive 4 to C2 on the board

Then in the Spark config tool, set LED 1 to Green/Green and LED 2 to White. Adjust the sliders however you like, though you may need to bring the green down some for FoC so they don't overpower the white.

Thanks for the insight Kouri. I might consider doing this with my yellow LED (which we now know is A/A/A/G) instead of going the 6w/6w/12w route.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady329

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62849

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Jaden Korr wrote:
Afadir has a mint saber; perhaps he could shine the light on a wall for us? .

I agree! Need to know before I pull the trigger on ordering one.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62886

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 85
Thanks! I was looking at the blues trying to figure out which ones used which emitters, and the OP of this thread made it completely clear. :)

I'm trying to figure out which combination works best with a photon blade. I see info saying those excite best with a 495nm wavelength. Cree's spec sheet says royal blue is 450-465nm while regular blue is 465-485nm. So going by that, the all-regular-blue method should look brighter...

... but I'm not sure which produces a better color. Any ideas there?

I'm trying to work out what options would work best to get three colors depending on which blade is installed -- blue (standard blade), green (photon blade), and purple-ish (red day blade, probably purple core with red outside, significantly less bright).

Also not sure which would interact best with the red day blade for the most and purple-est light output.
This is not the post you're looking for.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by ToyKeeper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62903

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
Last I checked, Blue (SF Light Blue) offers the brightest Photon blade, but I prefer Royal Blue (SF Deep Blue) as it produces a whiter core, while Blue LEDs make a slightly bluer core.

Any Blue (Light, Medium, or Deep) will work fine in a Blue day blade, though Light will likely be brightest.

Neither will light up a Red day blade at all. No purple core. Little-to-no illumination period.

Photon blades are an odd exception. They color-shift blue light up to green and let everything else pass through unaffected. They're basically clear with an odd effect on blue, so the color appears to average up to a lime green.

Every other non-photon day blade BLOCKS light that doesn't match its color.

Red allows Red.

Purple allows Red + Blue

Green allows Green.

Blue allows Blue.

I've not tested the new SF Orange and Yellow, but I imagine they'd allow varying amounts of light from Red, RedOrange, Amber, Lime, and Green LEDs.

For Orange, I'd recommend Cree RedOrange or Cree Amber. (SF only offers an Amber)

For Yellow, I'd recommend Cree PC Amber or Luxeon Lime (SF only offers Amber).
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, ToyKeeper

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62926

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
Kouri wrote:
Last I checked, Blue (SF Light Blue) offers the brightest Photon blade, but I prefer Royal Blue (SF Deep Blue) as it produces a whiter core, while Blue LEDs make a slightly bluer core.
Awesome. I'm more interested in the tint than in the total brightness, so that's very helpful. The remote phosphor thing is cool, but mostly I just like that it gives me the option of a few colors without using a RGB emitter+driver and it doesn't look like white in a bright room. Should be able to get blue, green, and something vaguely purple-ish by changing blades.
Kouri wrote:
Neither will light up a Red day blade at all. No purple core. Little-to-no illumination period.
Ah. That was what I had expected at first, until a Vader's Vault guy posted test results for every VV RGB emitter shade with every non-enhanced day blade. Blue LED plus red blade turned out dim enough to be a night-only color, but still interesting:

My first thought was to try a purple day blade, but with a blue emitter it seems to come out much more blue, more like indigo. Definitely brighter though, since that tint allows blue to shine through. Perhaps it's a better option after all:

This would all be much easier with a spectral graph of each day blade.

In any case, I'm pretty scattered as I try to figure out a coherent plan for a saber, but the list in the OP is very helpful. :)

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62930

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
Pulled my thinwall red day blade from my crossguard and popped it onto my B/rB/W Graflex for giggles.

Dim core was~ magenta. Edge was red. Overall, the blade was a dim magenta-pink. Hollowed out tip was surprisingly blue. White FoC lit up a... light red? (not pink).

I imagine even less light would get through the SF thick wall day blade.

If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. Makes a neat yellow in photon green blades.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62938

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Coincidental to your giggles, did something similar last night with an RGA setup through a VV TW Red DB. Results? Sherbety powder bomb.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62942

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Jaden Korr wrote:
Brady329 wrote:
I was told that the mint green is G/G/G/W by SaberForge CS.
"Hello,
The "Mint Green" option will be a color mix of G/G/G/W as requested.

May the Forge be with you!
Isha"

Huh. Okay, let's get that updated in the list as well; I'm going to go shoot SF another email to see if I can get a list of all the die
ratios.

Well I finally got a response from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. rather than Etsy.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62977

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
Kouri wrote:
If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED.
True. And if I got an empty heat sink pill and optic, I'm practically swimming in spare high-power white LEDs to put in it. And a bunch of spare optics.

I could even perhaps do a wide-spectrum triple XP-G2 or XP-L HI to give it more vivid colors with different blades. One 2700-3000K emitter, one ~4500K, one 6500-8000K, depending on what I can find. Still not as vivid as a matched-color emitter and blade, but more versatile by swapping blades and potentially brighter than a RGB setup. Anyone tried a wide-spectrum white with day blades?

Or maybe SF's quad XB-D white would be fine. Probably easier, at least.

Or perhaps go even easier and do a SF Hero edition. It looks pretty close to what I'd end up making anyway. (Spark2R2 / SparkColor2R2 w/ half red and half blue emitters, add a photon blade to get green in addition to the native red/blue/purple)

OvrcAHst wrote:
Sherbety powder bomb.
Hah, nice way of putting it. :)

On the topic of color mixing, I'm half tempted to go through the day blade + RGB emitter test video, pull screenshots of every combination, and post them as a reference. It'd probably be a bit rude though, since it's not my video and it'd be a form of freebooting even if linked back to the original.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 1 week ago #62990

• OvrcAHst
ToyKeeper wrote:
Or perhaps go even easier and do a SF Hero edition. It looks pretty close to what I'd end up making anyway. (Spark2R2 / SparkColor2R2 w/ half red and half blue emitters, add a photon blade to get green in addition to the native red/blue/purple)
Some experimenting if you will. Hero Monarch 6WRed/6WMediumBlue/12WPurple illuminated through a VV Standard Dual Diffused and a VV Photon. These were done about 40minutes ago at 2pm Saturday afternoon with curtains drawn. The resulting colour(s) are probably best measured via the slight reflective surface of the BedPost.
Interesting effects using the Photon. 6WRed produces a deeper Red, 6WMb produces a rich acid Green and 12WPurple produces a surprisingly great Lime Green likened to radiation or Gamma. Illumination through both blade types (to my perception) resulted with zero coring effects where the colours were full and evenly lit.
Funnily enough ToyKeeper, the effects of Mb and Purple through a Photon reminded me of the Green in your Avatar and Signature. IMO, ideal complimentary colour's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToyKeeper

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 3 days ago #63287

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
OvrcAHst wrote:
The following is a List of the known mixing combinations that SaberForge uses in their Quad Cree (12Watt+) LEDs. It is important to note that whilst most are current there is every likelihood that some may have or are subject to change without notice. In addition to the 13 Colours Video Demonstration and Image Representation on Main Site the following can serve as a reference Guide.
  • Frost White: White/White/White/Blue
  • Light Blue: Blue/Blue/Blue/Blue
  • Arctic Blue: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Green/Green
  • Medium Blue: Blue/Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue
  • Deep Blue: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue
  • Cyan: Green/Green/Blue/Blue
  • Green: Green/Green/Green/Green
  • Mint Green: Green/Green/Green/Blue Green/Green/Blue/Blue
  • Lime Green: Green/Green/Green/Amber Amber/Amber/Green/Green
  • Yellow: Amber/Amber/Green/Green Amber/Amber/Amber/Green
  • Amber: Amber/Amber/Amber/Amber
  • Blood Orange: Red/Red/Amber/Amber
  • Red: Red/Red/Red/Red
  • Pink: Blue/Blue/Red/Red
  • Purple: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Red/Red
  • Indigo: Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Royal Blue/Red
  • Frost Blue (Custom): White/White/Royal Blue/Royal Blue
The following Images will show examples of the Colours described above from the various Owners and their respective Reviews/Posts in the Forum. Photos courtesy from and Thanks to in no particular Order:
BoostinIX (with the suggestion); greyjediDude; HotRod; Savannah95; Kered; NeBosa; monkeyofshaolin; RyanRising; CallmeMistaJ; Renaissance1459; Tuckris; samross04; revan221; Fubuki; Execute66; xyster; BZArcher; Exkalibur; tech_droid; Master Annatar; Afkor; Afadir; Andi-Jae EL; (Ratio update) Jaden Korr, Brady329, Khang, Kouri

Please note: Image representation in pictures is for indicative purposes only and does not accurately represent what is actually seen in person.
I do not own every available Colour and images shown are obviously not captured with consistency to environment, position placement and lighting.

Ratio Edit Updates:
09/07/2016 - Jaden Korr: Yellow, Lime Green
12/07/2016 - Brady329: Arctic Blue, Cyan
14/07/2016 - Kouri: (corrected ^^) Arctic Blue, Cyan
15/07/2016 - Brady329: Mint Green

Thanks for this!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: EternalWing

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 3 days ago #63290

• Khang
  • Thank you received: 25
Has it been confirmed that mint green is GGBB? I have both a cyan and mint green module from SF, and neither of them have resistors of any sort that would alter the color between them.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 3 days ago #63293

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
I think it is a typo for G/G/G/B.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 11 months 3 days ago #63314

• OvrcAHst
Khang wrote:
Has it been confirmed that mint green is GGBB? I have both a cyan and mint green module from SF, and neither of them have resistors of any sort that would alter the color between them.
Jaden Korr wrote:
I think it is a typo for G/G/G/B.
:lol: My error. I misread Brady329s screenshot of SFCS' reply. :oops: Correcting it now. Yes according to SF, Mint Green=G/G/G/B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady329

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 7 months 1 week ago #69314

• fuzzjunk
  • Thank you received: 12
Just got a Blood Orange 12+ led and it looks like there now using RoRoRoRo. I was planning mixing the red/amber on a Spark 2. I tested it, and all 4 die were the same color.

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 7 months 1 week ago #69317

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
fuzzjunk wrote:
Just got a Blood Orange 12+ led and it looks like there now using RoRoRoRo. I was planning mixing the red/amber on a Spark 2. I tested it, and all 4 die were the same color.

Thanks for the update.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

SF Quad Cree Mixing Combinations & Colour Gallery 7 months 1 week ago #69320

• OvrcAHst
fuzzjunk wrote:
Thank you. :) Initial Post updated.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (25 Posts)
    • If this is even remotely true, not only were the two directors fired for good cause, it makes Ron...
    • PS-Luke V2 done (24 Posts)
    • Final internal photo's of this install, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the Graflex logo clamp on once...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (1 Posts)
    • Hello! I'm considering ordering a 12w medium blue warrior tier disciple with the dark brown leather...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5263
  • Latest Member: SithLordShrek
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 21