Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W+ Medium Blue Blade Comparison

12W+ Medium Blue Blade Comparison 1 year 5 months ago #60305

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 644
Nothing fancy, just thought I use my Grandmaster (one of my favorite hilts from a styling perspective) to do a video using,

- Blade Plug
- 37" Infinity
- 36" Photon Blade

Conclusion: the Photon blade looks brightest using a SF Medium Blue 12W+, it is the brightest blade-LED combination I have. It is noticeably brighter than if combining with a SF Deep Blue 12W+ (though still very damn bright, probably the second brightest combination I have).

Thanks for watching. :)

"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, OvrcAHst, HotRod

12W+ Medium Blue Blade Comparison 1 year 5 months ago #60306

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1701
Another great Video Library addition Ex66. Mate, unsure how you were feeling during the 'slow spin' but I was nervous for you performing such without the blade retention screw tightened, nervous that it would accidentally slide out and skip into the pool. Maybe it's never happened before or has it? :dry:
I'd suggest that you invest in a blade retention thumb-screw as it would assist you greatly with your demonstrations especially when comparing blade types and Plug interchanges. The Thumb-screw is rather discreet and virtually unnoticeable in the lighting conditions you record under. It'll provide more security with movement and is less fiddly than using the Allen Key. :)

**I relocated your Topic to Saberforge Saber Gallery where it can be closer to your other comparisons and not essentially get lost in the many pages of Open Topics over time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

12W+ Medium Blue Blade Comparison 1 year 5 months ago #60338

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 644
Great idea on a handy blade retention thumb-screw! I was spinning really slow and the blades do "communicate" well enough down the hilt for me to know what the limit was to not have them go swimming nearby .... :cheer: At least in my GM hilt, both the Infinity and Photon fitted nicely - not loose, not too snug.

Nothing and hopefully never will, no saber parts have ever gone swimming either. :cheer:
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Anyone have a sabercore f... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you all , I reinstalled all of the .net framework and have done am doing an extensive .dll...
    • New buyer with simple que... (3 Posts)
    • And keep in mind that the current sales do not include Mystery Box purchases. :)
    • If you get lucky and a Hero tier saber, then you can change the color whenever you want since it...
    • Ok, so I am going to buy a $300 mystery box sabre. I have searched every few and maybe I can't find...
    • help please. (2 Posts)
    • If the battery is long drained from absence of killkey and no charger (prior to the current one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6012
  • Latest Member: ovipupu
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5157
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 52