Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62459

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Left to Right: Corran's Gambit (ASP), Skywalker's Legacy (Graflex, ANH config), 1 member of the ββ pair (Acolyte), the Shamshirs (Arbiter & Sentinel), Khione (ASP), Tekkadan (Bastion), Tactical Arms (ASP), Prescience (Oracle), Ember (Chosen), Blind Faith (Rebel)

Notes
Installs:At some point I'll probably get around to doing indepth reviews for the ASP hilts but I'm too busy right now. Corran's Gambit and S.'s Legacy are waiting on their LEDs but they're wired up. The Chosen and Rebel were the hardest to wire; the Chosen for a lack of space and the Rebel due to the lack of a LED retention screw. The Oracle and the Arbiter/Sentinel were tough little cookies to crack too. The ASP Graflex's control box was a bag of nasty that I had to sand down. I also replaced it's metal bubble card w/a removable replica bubble card that slides in and out to get access to the switch/recharge port.

Left to Right Colors: Corran's Gambit (Frost White), Skywalker's Legacy (Arctic Blue), 1 member of the ββ pair (Green), the Shamshirs (Mint Green), Khione (Arctic Blue), Tekkadan (Medium Blue), Tactical Arms (Amber), Prescience (Amber), Ember (Green), Blind Faith (Arctic Blue)

General: I'm an unabashed fan of paired hilts so the ββs (Acolyte/Disciple) and the Shamshirs have matching LED colors (green and mint green respectively). Tactical Arms is a BEAST of a hilt and I spent quite a bit of time sanding the paint off of the pommel to get it to look the way I wanted. My Rebel is going to be 100% a display piece, her LED is held in by wishes and dreams and she has a beautiful powdercoat.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by h2soy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, jonnys95s10

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62464

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
whoa! that's quite a collection! i must say that the apprentice hilts hold up in terms of design when compared to asp and elite hilts.

just curious about the led colours of the tactical arms and oracle. are they amber and yellow respectively, or both amber?

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62467

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
Awesome man! Just awesome!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62468

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
just curious about the led colours of the tactical arms and oracle. are they amber and yellow respectively, or both amber?
Both are amber. The LED in the Tactical Arms is further recessed into the body so less light escapes. *runs back to label pic w/LED colors*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnost-Dural

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62470

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 277
Wow. Impressive collection to say the least. Worthy of pride and admiration.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62473

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
Wow, speechless! Thanks for sharing! :)

For the exact consistent reasons reported, I have not ordered the ASP Graflex. I am assuming the "L" switch does not come pre-installed and it is simply impossible to slide it through the hole given the activation box. I have no idea how customers are expected to deal with it.
"I am the Senate"

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62476

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I am assuming the "L" switch does not come pre-installed and it is simply impossible to slide it through the hole given the activation box.
It did come pre-installed and it was a pain to get out. There was a rubber o-ring glued to the metal bubble card that was glued to the switch. I think my removable bubble card is a better option and it only took a bit of trial and error to get something that looks decent and stays put. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Graflex switch for someone who doesn't want to do some DIYing, it has teeth.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by h2soy.

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62477

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Wow amazing collection! Hope you get the time to write up some good reviews.

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62478

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Thank you so much for sharing this! How was the Bastion on the install? I'm also doing an Oracle install. You said it was short on space? That's good to know.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

11 Stunt Installs I Did This Month 8 months 1 week ago #62487

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
How was the Bastion on the install? I'm also doing an Oracle install. You said it was short on space?
As long as you go in with your wires and such carefully measured you'll be fine. The Bastion was relatively straightforward but the Oracle with it's narrow neck required some careful finagling of wires to get the LED down in to it's spot. I can see why they discontinued QCs on that hilt.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Wait Times (2 Posts)
    • It varies, depending on hilt, I've never had SF not make good, so if by week 5-6 you don't get any...
    • Payment types? (6 Posts)
    • Since it looks like you're in the US, a PayPal Debit Card should work fine. Just have to order one...
    • Payment types? (6 Posts)
    • I don't know about SF's reasons, but I know that another vendor doesn't use PayPal anymore due to...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 35