Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: brought my asp saber to comic-con...

brought my asp saber to comic-con... 1 year 3 months ago #63870

• SherlockHomme
  • Thank you received: 16
....and had a blast. they were very strict, though, and we were lucky we got in with the hilts on our belts. my daughter and i dressed up as steampunk jedi knights.

if any of you are planning to go to comic-cons, beware - weapons check policies are increasingly tighter, so you might have to surrender it or go back home....

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, =Ottomatix=, RotundChap

brought my asp saber to comic-con... 1 year 3 months ago #63966

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
That'd be a hard pill to swallow. Sabers with no blades, and hanging on the belt are a problem? Other cosplayers with weapons props get in with no problems. It was almost a raw deal I'm glad you made it in.
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.

brought my asp saber to comic-con... 1 year 3 months ago #63972

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
Some venues are going with a strict "No Metal" rule.

brought my asp saber to comic-con... 1 year 3 months ago #63974

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
I hope they don't grumble too much at Celebration next year. It's in Orlando Florida next year. I'm working on getting things together to go with my wife, and brother. I hope that they realize that sabers and start wars go together like peas, and carrots.
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.

brought my asp saber to comic-con... 1 year 3 months ago #63979

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Nostrodummies wrote:
I hope they don't grumble too much at Celebration next year. It's in Orlando Florida next year. I'm working on getting things together to go with my wife, and brother. I hope that they realize that sabers and start wars go together like peas, and carrots.

Hopefully since it's a completely Star Wars related convention there shouldn't be any problems with it. From the footage I saw from Celebration Europe they're were lots of people with metal hilts (quite a few were SF!) and polycarbonate blades.

Though I can understand the no-metal rule for venues with larger more open themed conventions or smaller staffed local ones. There's so many things to keep track of and have to check; I doubt I'd be able to take my ASP hilt to the smaller local convention near me (because of all the claws). I could potentially do quite of bit of damage with my ASP hilt if I used it as a mace, but if I brought a sword made complexity of EVA foam, not so much.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore editor bricked ... (10 Posts)
    • Thanks , I set Heirloom to solid and put swing sensitivity and clash sensitivity differently so...
    • Jaymz7 Glad to hear your back on track With Windows 8/10 I don’t trust third party software......
    • The easiest way to see the FoC effect is to adjust one of the fonts so that it has no blade effect,...
    • So, I had multiple problems, none of which were SF related ... First, my computer had a program...
    • Anyone have a sabercore f... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you all , I reinstalled all of the .net framework and have done am doing an extensive .dll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6012
  • Latest Member: ovipupu
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5157
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 52