Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Epoch - Mint Green

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73630

• Myka Sunrider
  • Thank you received: 18
My first saber, ordered and received late 2016.

Epoch hilt in dual tone, with a 6w Mint Green LED (seems 6ws have been phased out, no?)
This is in champion tier with a viridium soundboard.

I was actually surprised by how comfortable this hilt is. Next time, I think I'll go with something a bit lighter and thinner though, one of the apprentice sabers, so I can practice my Soresu. This is alright to spin, but the thinner switch section and the width of the hilt in my tiny hands slows me down a bit...

I absolutely love the dual tone finish

This was taken in indoor daylight on a white surface. I feel that it's a very accurate representation of the mint green color. I love it!!
Luminous beings are we
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, KelbornX, Greysider, For Tyeth, Vechaljian

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73641

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 316
Awesome Epoch! Love that Mint Green. Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myka Sunrider

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73651

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 322
Very nice! Mint Green is lovely, and looks great with the Epoch hilt.

If you're looking at Apprentice hilts for size and spinning, the Consular is nice for both (it's the smallest at 9.8") and a lot of people have spoken favorably of the Acolyte/Disciple for spinning. I haven't had the pleasure of owning one myself yet. I wasn't too fond of the Consular at fist, but it's kind of grown on me recently.

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73660

• Myka Sunrider
  • Thank you received: 18
KelbornX wrote:
Very nice! Mint Green is lovely, and looks great with the Epoch hilt.

If you're looking at Apprentice hilts for size and spinning, the Consular is nice for both (it's the smallest at 9.8") and a lot of people have spoken favorably of the Acolyte/Disciple for spinning. I haven't had the pleasure of owning one myself yet. I wasn't too fond of the Consular at fist, but it's kind of grown on me recently.

I am partial to the Bastion myself! (and want to get it in Indigo :silly: ) I am just having a hard time figuring out if I want to get it in 32 or 26. Not being able to actually hold the saber in my hand and feel the weight of it before purchasing...that makes it difficult to make up my mind haha. I suppose I could just buy an extra blade when I purchase it ;)

I never liked the Consular much, but for some reason it has really grown on me these past couple days. I'll definitely be considering that one for a future purchase as well. I actually like a lot of the Apprentice hilt designs better than the Elite ones!

Except, of course, for my Epoch. Still hands down my favorite design, aesthetically speaking.
Luminous beings are we

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73664

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 174
I've become partial to making my own using tcss clear blade stock, the pointed mirrored tips and the double layer blade film, 30 or 32 is my length on single blade and 25 and 27 on my staff's

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73665

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 322
I think the turning point for me and my Consular was when I polished it. Now it looks nice and sleek. The grooves at the top make nice finger grips for one-handed use, and make for nice spinning points.

I really loved the old Epoch ... I cried a little on the inside when they went to the new design as I was just about to place an order. I still like it, it just doesn't speak to me like it used to.

Indigo would look great on the Bastion. I have one being installed and gilded by Jas-Ot with Pico Crumble (Light) and an RGB LED and I think I'll mostly be using purple and indigo on it.

The biggest factor with blades, for me at least, is the weight they add. I like the SF blades for dueling, but with how heavy they are I don't really like them for spinning. A 32" blade in my Consular is still fairly blade-heavy. A thick wall blade will be twice as heavy as a thin wall blade of the same length.

If you're up for DIYing, TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) sells all kinds of blade supplies. The best diffusion film is simple cellophane wrap that you can find at any craft store. Ultrasabers now has "grab bag" blades for $10, buy 5 get 1 free. You can cut them down from 36" with a pipe/tubing cutter, then trim the film with an xacto knife. I also like sanding the clear blades (60 grit to rough it up, 220 grit to smooth it out) like Vader's Vault does; makes it fuller like a trans-white / ultraedge blade does but with less loss of brightness.

Epoch - Mint Green 6 months 1 week ago #73698

• Master Feemor
Hi there Myka
That's a beautiful saber, now you've got me wanting one! I'm sorry i wouldn't want the mint green with mine though. Not my fav colour.

Feemor
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• A Good Lightweight Blade (1 Posts)
    • Hey guys. I wanted everyone's opinion on a good lightweight blade for my little girl to use in her...
    • My Hilt Was Boring! (12 Posts)
    • Quote: I like the vibe you have created with this saber! Got almost a steampunk thing going. I was...
    • Favorite unreleased Saber... (25 Posts)
    • Quote: How about this for you fans of the Anduril themed saber. Apparently, Thomas Snyder had one made by...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5714
  • Latest Member: Niki1KNep
  • Total Posts: 59.8k
  • Total Topics: 4949
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 22
  • Yesterday Answer: 47