Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Custom Bastion

Custom Bastion 11 months 3 weeks ago #75124

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 543
What's better than the SF Bastion? A gilded Bastion!

SF Bastion - installed, gilded, and lightly weathered by Jas-Ot
RGB LED (regular blue, not royal blue)
Pico Crumble, Light Version
Purple lit AV switch, SF recharge port and brass Elite kill key

Words cannot express the jawdrop that happened when I unwrapped this thing. Pictures are one thing, but seeing it and holding it are something else entirely. So shiny!

The RGB LED with the Pico gives some lovely colors. The cyan is lovely, the yellow is great, and the purple is a nice soft lilac (almost pink). Once again, my camera picks up wayyy too much blue in the purple; further below is a closeup of the blade, and that same purple/pink in a VV Enhanced Red Day Blade for a great "hot pink".
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by KelbornX. Reason: stupid photobucket killing hotlinks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Greysider, For Tyeth, Borommakot, Jas-Ot, scifidude79

Custom Bastion 11 months 3 weeks ago #75126

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 523
I may have snuck some 24k gold into it........ :whistle:
www.etsy.com/shop/thekybershop

www.facebook.com/jasotsabers

Custom Bastion 11 months 3 weeks ago #75131

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Oooooo.... extra shiny! Haha, thanks!

Custom Bastion 11 months 3 weeks ago #75180

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 360
Beautiful. Definitely a shelf queen there. Congrats KelbornX! Awesome work Jas-Ot! B) :cheer:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jas-Ot

Custom Bastion 11 months 3 weeks ago #75183

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
Greysider wrote:
Beautiful. Definitely a shelf queen there. Congrats KelbornX! Awesome work Jas-Ot!

It's got a crystal coat to help protect the hilt from scratches or any minor bumps or bruises.

I did nick-name it the "Bad Mother#@$&er", little homage to a certain purple wielding, bad ass Jedi... You know, so if he wanted to whip it out and perhaps start reciting " The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men..." It totally fits the role.

Custom Bastion 11 months 3 weeks ago #75184

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Greysider wrote:
Beautiful. Definitely a shelf queen there. Congrats KelbornX! Awesome work Jas-Ot!

Shelf queen say what?! May not be a daily carry, but this Bad Motha is coming to Wizard World Philadelphia in June!

Jas-Ot wrote:
I did nick-name it the "Bad Mother#@$&er", little homage to a certain purple wielding, bad ass Jedi... You know, so if he wanted to whip it out and perhaps start reciting " The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men..." It totally fits the role.

Been a while since I last watched that movie... think I need to do so again soon and start memorizing Ezekiel 25:17 haha. :D
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.

Custom Bastion 11 months 2 weeks ago #75256

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 186
Awesome build, Bastion really fits well for experimenting with powder coating and the likes :cheer:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Custom Bastion 11 months 2 weeks ago #75261

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Thanks! There's some pretty cool powder coated Bastions floating around out there, making use of the different patterns on the hilt. This one is actually gold leaf.... I think more sabers need gold leaf in their lives :P

Custom Bastion 8 months 4 days ago #78424

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Update! Got in a new custom brass plug that matched this saber PERFECTLY! This is a one-off (and hand-turned) design by Solid Sabers on Facebook.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, scifidude79

Custom Bastion 8 months 4 days ago #78425

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 365
Oh wow, that's one awesome saber! Jas-Ot does some incredible work. I love that silver and gold scheme. Plus, it's got a Pico! One of my favorite boards right now. B) It looks like your purple is about the same shade I got on my last Pico install. My first one is more hot pink. :huh: (not a strong enough resistor on that red LED)

Anywho, lovely lovely saber. That blade plug suits it perfectly, good call there.

Custom Bastion 8 months 4 days ago #78427

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Thanks! Jas's "Sith Relic" Forsaken was the inspiration for the gilding, and this came out beautifully.

This plug was one of two trial pieces Solid Sabers did, and as soon as I saw it I knew it HAD to go into this saber. <goldmember_meme.jpg>

I had to add some extra diffusion though since the center was hollow. Gluing a little circle of white paper to the bottom of the brass topper did the trick quite nicely. I may look for a small marble or something to put in the hole, similar to a Sith Bunny plug, for some extra flair.

The next Pico build I do is definitely getting RGrB instead of regular RGB. This is more of a "pale lilac" in-person, and I'm definitely more of a "Mace purple" kind of guy. While this color looks REALLY nice with this hilt, I'm not terribly fond of it on the JQ that I have.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by KelbornX.

Custom Bastion 8 months 4 days ago #78429

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I haven't been able to get a purple I really like. It's still on the pink side, even with a stronger resistor. It's just not hot pink. Though, I was just comparing them side-by-side and there's not much of a difference, though the battery in my Acolyte may be a bit more exhausted, so the red may be getting more power. However, when they're fully charged, it's more of a pale pink. Still not really the color I want, but better than the other combinations I tried. I spent a while with a battery and various resistors shining light through a blade to get to a color I could live with before building it. I think SaberForge's Indigo is probably more where I want to be, so I may need to try that color eventually.

Custom Bastion 8 months 4 days ago #78434

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Royal Blue works much better for mixing purples than standard Blue since it's a much richer color. Magenta is probably the best you can do with R/B. SF Indigo is rB/rB/rB/R so you can see the ratio that you'd need there. On my two RGrB CS3 sabers my Indigo is 330,0,1023 and my Violet is 550,0,1023.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Custom Bastion 8 months 4 days ago #78435

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I think my CREEs I got from China are regular blue. It's definitely weaker than royal blue, because my first saber I built uses a royal blue Rebel.

Custom Bastion 8 months 2 days ago #78518

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
I definitely prefer the royal blue die for mixing purples.

Deep Red and Royal blue make for some nice Dark purple mixes that tint more into the blue spectrum, but it's hard to get a good Magenta or Pink out of that combo.

So R/G/rB remains my favorite full spectrum LED combo.

Last Edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Jas-Ot.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (35 Posts)
    • From a business standpoint I see why they do this. but at the same time, from a business standpoint,...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (18 Posts)
    • the only one you unzip is the file you download from Saberforge. leave everything else inside the...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (18 Posts)
    • Any help would be great bud , you have already been of more help than anyone I know
    • Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: doubt anyone is on deviant art or gaiaonline, so yeah, YouTube and Facebook is where you'll find me!...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.3k
  • Total Topics: 5830
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 67
  • Yesterday Answer: 45