Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81191

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 711
All three curved / bent sabers together! Hope this is entertaining, of use if you are deciding which one is for you. Thanks for watching!

"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, scifidude79

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81200

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 167
Thanks for the comparison; quite surprised that the Count wasn't the heaviest (and that the Bane was the lightest, the Vanquish seems sort of refined and elegant that it should be that instead).
Gorgeous sabers all three - love the elevator music in the background; like you're some sort of shopping channel for Sith Lords, advertising these beautiful sabers to kill younglings with :lol:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81205

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 301
Thanks for the comparison vid, man. You do great videos. :)

Curved hilts aren't necessarily my thing, but SaberForge does make some excellent looking ones. The Bane MKII is still my favorite, but they're all impressive looking. The Count is so shiny. It was interesting that The Count isn't the heaviest. Maybe the Vanquish has thicker metal. It's also the longest, though, so maybe that makes a difference. As for volume, that pommel on The Count probably makes a nice resonance chamber, making the saber nice and loud. Also, as you said, it may be the new board as well. The Bane has lots of vents, creating a nice sound effect, but the Vanquish has much smaller vents. Depending on how the pommel is constructed internally, that could be your difference between that and the Bane.

Anyway, awesome sabers, awesome video. :D

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81208

• Darth Umbrex
  • Thank you received: 1
Great review

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81210

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1683
Very nice job, as always!

It would be interesting to see a Bane MkII with SC3 compared to the same saber with SC2, and the Count with SC3. Just to see if the spacious pommel on the Count (and the resonance chamber it creates) is the reason it was noticeably louder than the SC2 equipped Bane MkII.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81215

• LSkywalker3
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
Great video! You just gained a subscriber!
Own: 12W+ Green Champion Prodigal Son
12W+ Red Champion The Count Dark Side 3.0

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81216

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Thanks for the comparison; quite surprised that the Count wasn't the heaviest (and that the Bane was the lightest, the Vanquish seems sort of refined and elegant that it should be that instead).
Gorgeous sabers all three - love the elevator music in the background; like you're some sort of shopping channel for Sith Lords, advertising these beautiful sabers to kill younglings with :lol:

...lol the elevator music is "neutral" and doesn't get me into copyright issues. But if you think I should be using a different style of music please let me know.

The Count is surprisingly relatively light. When I unboxed it, I first thought it was lighter than I expected because of all the shiny metal parts made it look heavy.
"I am the Senate"

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 3 weeks ago #81217

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
LSkywalker3 wrote:
Great video! You just gained a subscriber!

Thanks man! I make videos for the fun of it plus to help viewers decide if a saber is ideal for them when they decide. :)
"I am the Senate"

Comparison: The Count, Bane Mk2, Vanquish 4 months 2 weeks ago #81286

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 167
Execute66 wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:

...lol the elevator music is "neutral" and doesn't get me into copyright issues. But if you think I should be using a different style of music please let me know.

The Count is surprisingly relatively light. When I unboxed it, I first thought it was lighter than I expected because of all the shiny metal parts made it look heavy.
Haha, nah man, like said, I love how it gives this sorta macabre/morbid humour/feel to your vids; like a Sith just having fun showing off his lightsabers, whilst they are stained with the blood of Jedi :P I can just see Palpatine sitting in a retirement home, going; 'Oh that's lovely, I'll buy that for my apprentice, he'll love it!'
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Thomas Snyder Quote of th... (4 Posts)
    • SF always have something up their sleeve! Will be waiting for their take on these hilts.
    • Changing soundfonts on th... (16 Posts)
    • Try updating the firmware....save your fonts first the do the update the firmware file is in your...
    • Pro's and Con's of this h... (21 Posts)
    • I am fortunate that had my wife lived (lost her to mental illness some years back) she would have...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6731
  • Latest Member: JamesAmeft
  • Total Posts: 67.1k
  • Total Topics: 5680
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 33