Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 & Ronin Mk 2 - SENSEI

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 & Ronin Mk 2 - SENSEI 4 months 3 weeks ago #82365

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 128
Hi all. I swear that this saber is cursed. I finally completed it... at least I'm pretty sure that this customization needs to stop. Many of you are aware of the electronics not working out of the box and the saber being sent back for the repairs. Thanks again everyone for your support. :)

So here's the unveiling of this combat saber that becomes 11 or 16 inches.

This knurled finish is very, extremely challenging to draw on and then engrave using the smallest dremel burrs available. Have to pay really close attention and just never know how well the surface is going to be removed. Potential to chip off. Also the aluminum can be coarse to mushy smooth underneath. Impossible to engrave to similar depths but I did my best.

I decided to do what seems to be my signature custom... meaning two different sides to the saber. Each section reminded me of part of a bamboo stalk. I have tried to make a connection of all designs on this saber. My inspiration comes from these two awesome books. So here it is... AGONY as written on the saber in aurebesh.

So I finally get the saber completed including the top coats which took awhile as the weather has been damp and rainy. Oh look the sun is out. Let's take advantage of the natural bright light for photos. What the... sun almost immediately covered by clouds and still raining while I type this.

But there's more. Nearly had heart failure after taking the kill key out. Nice shiny lit av switch. Absolutely no sound at all... zippo... nada. OMG it's a fancy stunt saber !! Well I shook the shite out of it just as if I was going to change out that quick connect ( never ) and then hear a buzz from the speaker... then Crimson. The saber in all it's glory seems to be working properly now.

Almost forgot... the Japanese writing says Fire Dragon and the section below is a symbol for Energy. I do have clearer photos of each section but this likely will be more than enough.

A later add on to hopefully show the red to silver ratio on the engravings. These pics look too red but it has to do with the camera and the saber angle. The actual accent color is a deep metallic red. Makes the saber look older and battle weathered. That tubing is difficult in countless ways... as is my questionable photography skills lol.

I'm now sure that the LED remained a deep red. The blade plug is just borrowed for this saber but it seems to look fine. Will likely create something else with a round dragon's pearl crystal.

Much thanks to everyone who checks my newest saber out and also for coming along for the ride. I really love this saber and am so grateful to have it completed... without too much eye strain and brain fatigue. Will likely use the 11 inch version the most. Haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet... just really wanted to get my personal saber done. :cheer:
Last Edit: 2 days 15 hours ago by Dauntless 7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, KelbornX, Execute66, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, scifidude79

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 3 weeks ago #82366

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1077
Dauntless7,

Speechless! Your efforts have been rewarded in grand style. To have gotten those engravings onto that hilt is phenomenal!
I am going to keep my fingers crossed that this beauty serves you long and well (you deserve it)

kind regards,
Awestruck For
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 3 weeks ago #82367

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 532
LEGENDARY

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 3 weeks ago #82368

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1753
Talent, creativity, determination. All combined with vision, and we see the results.

Outstanding!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 3 weeks ago #82377

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 126
OMG :woohoo:
Love the engraving especially that awesom dragon!
Dude you rock!
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 3 weeks ago #82384

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 349
Dauntless 7 wrote:
This knurled finish is very, extremely challenging to draw on and then engrave using the smallest dremel burrs available. Have to pay really close attention and just never know how well the surface is going to be removed. Potential to chip off. Also the aluminum can be coarse to mushy smooth underneath. Impossible to engrave to similar depths but I did my best.

You did your best. Your best is really impressive. That's some beautiful work, I'm always impressed by your skill with a Dremel. You're a fantastic artist and it shows on a beautiful saber like this.

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 3 weeks ago #82391

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 731
That's the nicest Ronin I have seen, real life or pics. Really G A W J U S !
Saberforge lightsabers are cool :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEma1xhFlAneJcgIrT6nJtg

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82402

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 183
Awesome, that is really a true piece of art (of war) :woohoo:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82466

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Thanks to all who have had a peek and posted the kind and encouraging comments. I can honestly say that this was so difficult to complete. Too many times the scratchy white markings on this tubular knurled surface made no sense to my eyes and I couldn't connect where to actually dremel... therefore designs changed to deal with any errors.

All those too red pics are starting to bother me. So here's a few with a light background. Unfortunately the lighting and focus still is not good. Photography classes may be next lol. :oops:

Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, Greysider, OvrcAHst, CrimsonJax88

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82467

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Received a request to see the 11 inch version so here it is. Not sure why the front side photographs more and brighter red as the same Testors enamel paint was used. Hopefully these are the last pics lol. :whistle:

Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, Greysider, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, CrimsonJax88, Sylabus

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82581

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
I was thinking about trying out a different ASP pommel just because we can. What I thought might work is a weathered Katana. Would appreciate any other suggestions prior to making my next purchase soon. Don't want to wait on for example a Relic pommel ( which I would like to use on my Venom ). Does anyone have an idea for those pommels that are on backorder ?... is the wait indefinite ?!

Thanks in advance. :)

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82582

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Dauntless 7,

I was thinking maybe ASP pommel 2, as it has an Oriental feel and look to it. Plus it might provide a hand stop to prevent your hand sliding off the end of the hilt. I used it on a couple of my 3-Part Katana designs I came up with.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82588

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
The wait is however long until they have enough pre-orders to justify making more parts. I waited 5 months for an ASP Graflex pommel. If there's a part you REALLY want, might as well put the order in.

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82589

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Thanks Ty. Think I'll add this pommel on to my order. Tried out the Venom one on the Ronin and it did look interesting but not quite right. :unsure:

Thanks Kel. Will try the black Fallen pommel for the Venom. There were a few choices but I put a check mark for this one. Can't recall why. If I was to add the Relic pommel to my next order would the entire order be on hold until that pommel was back in stock ? I can live without that one lol. :huh:

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82594

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Damn that Ronin is bad-ass! Very nice! :cheer:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82596

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Dauntless 7 wrote:
Thanks Kel. Will try the black Fallen pommel for the Venom. There were a few choices but I put a check mark for this one. Can't recall why.

Probably because of how good it looks, as this blackout "Venomous Fallen" I mocked up the other day shows (Venom emitter/body, Fallen switch/pommel). ;) It's also one of the few pommels where the "lip" of the pommel will actually match with the tapered end of the Venom body.

(can click the link for full-size, didn't want to detract from your thread too much with a larger pic)

Dauntless 7 wrote:
If I was to add the Relic pommel to my next order would the entire order be on hold until that pommel was back in stock ? I can live without that one lol. :huh:

Yes, it would put the whole order on hold. I had a couple blade plugs on that order with the Graflex pommel. Should have done those separate.

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82597

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Dauntless 7,

And the ASP pommel 2 for the Ronin could be painted up a bit like this (if you have any of that paint spare...and it should be safe to leave near the fire to dry, though not really advised!)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82629

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
KelbornX wrote:
Dauntless 7 wrote:
Thanks Kel. Will try the black Fallen pommel for the Venom. There were a few choices but I put a check mark for this one. Can't recall why.

Probably because of how good it looks, as this blackout "Venomous Fallen" I mocked up the other day shows (Venom emitter/body, Fallen switch/pommel). ;) It's also one of the few pommels where the "lip" of the pommel will actually match with the tapered end of the Venom body.

(can click the link for full-size, didn't want to detract from your thread too much with a larger pic)

Wow that is a beautiful shmexy stealth saber ! :woohoo:

Definitely getting this pommel as I replaced the silver claws, kk and cw with black. B)

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82630

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Dauntless 7,

And the ASP pommel 2 for the Ronin could be painted up a bit like this (if you have any of that paint spare...and it should be safe to leave near the fire to dry, though not really advised!)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Ooh I like this entire saber... a lot ! B)

Will get this pommel and love the red accent idea. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic heavy & long story ) 4 months 2 weeks ago #82631

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Dauntless 7,

So glad you liked the idea and hilt ^^, but I may have something even better lined up you may like even more (I'm just finishing painting it up then I'll let you have an exclusive looksee) :whistle:

And that hilt above is one of a set of Katana I designed and posted back on January 13th. It's called "Sakura No Hana" or "Cherry Blossom Katana" Here's a pic of the collection.

thanks again,
For Tyeth
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber will not connect to... (6 Posts)
    • i understood it only works under windows 10 64bit version, do you run this OS?
    • Unboxing the new Saberfor... (7 Posts)
    • Thanks all! i had a change to play with it for a while after the unboxing and i have to say...
    • "DIY" Star Wars... (127 Posts)
    • What holds me back from an impulse purchase is the low tide on my bank account and that I can't...
    • "DIY" Star Wars... (127 Posts)
    • Taking into consideration the suggestions of FT and my own findings, I have decided that I'll...
    • 3D printing parts (86 Posts)
    • Its finished! [image] [image] [image] [image]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6828
  • Latest Member: mccraige
  • Total Posts: 68.8k
  • Total Topics: 5798
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4