Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics?

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48729

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Ryan-Rising wrote:
So it is. I have to wonder, though, if the movement of the retention screw down on the hilt the source of the blade wobble I had before I wrapped tape around the blade. Any thoughts?

MMmmmmm wuut? Is there some words missing in your question or something else because I don't get it?

If the screw is too "low" in the blade holder, there's gonna be some wobbling for sure. Wrapping the blade with some clear tape will definitely fix the problem (That's what I did for my Monarch).
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48836

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I haven't had issues with blade wobble myself, but again if the retention screw has been relocated it's hard to say. Where you state your retention screw is located is the screw location for holding my LED in place if I remember right, between the silver rings.

Quite the set of differences between the two.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48885

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • *Inspirational Star Wars Quote*
  • Thank you received: 138
Darth-Revan wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:
So it is. I have to wonder, though, if the movement of the retention screw down on the hilt the source of the blade wobble I had before I wrapped tape around the blade. Any thoughts?

MMmmmmm wuut? Is there some words missing in your question or something else because I don't get it?

If the screw is too "low" in the blade holder, there's gonna be some wobbling for sure. Wrapping the blade with some clear tape will definitely fix the problem (That's what I did for my Monarch).
Oh yeah, I was wondering if the blade wobble I had was from the retention screw being too low in the blade holder, and you answered my question perfectly! Thanks.

My blade retention screw isn't even in either of the places the ASP builder says it is!

It's actually right below where the second hole is in the ASP builder is, in the black section after the lower one there. There is no hole where the shroud is, or on the silver bit under the shroud.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by RyanRising.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 months 1 week ago #51467

• Snakeeyz99
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 92
Zeddicuus wrote:
Here are those images without the shroud.

You can see a couple marks where the retainer screw to hold the shroud on connects to the unit. I scratched it up a bit under the shroud by not removing the retention screw entirely. Not that the these kind of minor scratches would ever get seen with the shroud on. I think it looks kinda neat with the shroud off but still prefer it with all the pieces in place.

I've been stuck with a bit of concern lately about how to make my Fury hilt con-friendly, the main issue being the following rule:
It cannot be sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure.

I'm afraid the Fury emitter falls into this category; out of the box it was enough to cut me, and I'm not sure the light amount of sanding I did to round the tips a bit more will be sufficient to get through security. So my question would be: would it be worth potentially ruining my shroud and warranty by rounding the end so much it cannot possibly hurt someone but still allow me to enter with the Fury's overall appearance intact, or should I go with the shroud removed? Has anyone dealt with a similar issue in the past?

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #53809

• RotundChap
  • Thank you received: 19
I got my Venomous Fury on 4/1 and am REALLY loving the design and the feel. But I have no idea how/if i can remove the claws. There are only two retention screws, one for the blade and one for the LED. The claws dont feel like they're screwed on either.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do/look at to try removing them?

Thanks

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #53813

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
I have the newer model Venomous Fury, and while I don't have it right now, I don't think the shroud can be removed any longer. Even if it can, the shroud now appears to be threaded on, so it will look even weirder than in the pictures if you managed to do it.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by RyanRising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #53818

• RotundChap
RyanRising wrote:
I have the newer model Venomous Fury, and while I don't have it right now, I don't think the shroud can be removed any longer. Even if it can, the shroud now appears to be threaded on, so it will look even weirder than in the pictures if you managed to do it.

Yeah, i'm thinking the same thing. Thanks..

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #53820

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Hey, RotundChap, as long as we're here, did you have any blade wobble issues with your VF? Or was that just me?

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #53821

• Snakeeyz99
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 92
I don't know about the VF, but my Fury definitely has a bit of wobble to it.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #53988

• RotundChap
RyanRising wrote:
Hey, RotundChap, as long as we're here, did you have any blade wobble issues with your VF? Or was that just me?

YES! I'm glad it's not just me. I think if the blade went into the hilt another 1/3-1/2 inch OR if there was a second retention screw, this wouldn't be a problem. I have two ultrasaber hilts I bought from a gaming convention a few years ago. I put the VF blade into one of the hilts (I was curious to see if they'd fit since I want to order two 26" V4 blades to replace the current ones, the plan is to have one in my off hand for duel wielding with my VF or any other saberforge blade I order). The blade well on the ultrasaber hilts was 3" deep and had two retention screws. It felt SOLID.

Same V4 blade in the VF hilt, it felt solid for a few swings/spins. But there was noticeable blade wobble after a few minutes.

I'll post pics of the v4 blade and dents from the different retention screws tonite.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #54001

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
I'm so glad this isn't just me as well! I mean, tape works, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a second retention screw added to the design whenever they can. I wish there were some way to suggest that.

I still love my VF, but there is small room for improvement.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #54002

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
Hmmm, mine doesn't have the wobble to it, but again it may be because it's the pre-ASP design. Mine is right solid.

As to concerns on being con-friendly, I have no direct answers for that. Mine doesn't go to any kind of Con, instead I use it to play with the kids or practice my old katana maneuvers and for fun outside at night. I'd maybe question Saberforge about the sanding down to see if that would void warranty. I know you'd not want to sand it down while attached to the saber due to the chance of metal dust getting at the electronics...
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Zeddicuus.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 month 3 weeks ago #54009

• RotundChap
Zeddicuus wrote:
Hmmm, mine doesn't have the wobble to it, but again it may be because it's the pre-ASP design. Mine is right solid.

As to concerns on being con-friendly, I have no direct answers for that. Mine doesn't go to any kind of Con, instead I use it to play with the kids or practice my old katana maneuvers and for fun outside at night. I'd maybe question Saberforge about the sanding down to see if that would void warranty. I know you'd not want to sand it down while attached to the saber due to the chance of metal dust getting at the electronics...

That's exactly why I was hoping to remove the claws, to sand them down slightly without worrying about damaging any other parts of the saber.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the VF/saber forge's quality. The grenade grip of the body is what sold me after playing with that style in the ASP builder.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 4 days 9 hours ago #59867

• RotundChap
Update on the blade wobble problem: I wrapped the base of the saber in two layers of boxing tape and that fixed the problem.

I teach taekwondo and about a month ago, we had a light saber night for our students. I put on boxing tape the night before and I'm happy to say there was no wobbling after 2hrs of twirling, saber spinning, and dueling (mostly against another instructor who has a SF Acolyte, so there were some SOLID hits between us). A month later with occasional saber spins, the whole thing still feels solid.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 3 days 20 hours ago #59970

• Muns
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Very cool! Looks completely different. I'd love to see a shroudless archon if anyone has one.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 3 days 20 hours ago #59972

• OvrcAHst
  • Grey - it is OvrcAHst.
  • Thank you received: 788
I'd love to see a shroudless archon if anyone has one.
How about a completely disassembled Archon? Courtesy of =Ottomatix=.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 3 days 19 hours ago #59976

• Muns
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51
OvrcAHst wrote:
I'd love to see a shroudless archon if anyone has one.
How about a completely disassembled Archon? Courtesy of =Ottomatix=.

Thanks! Even better.
:cheer:

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 3 days 7 hours ago #60046

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
I'm interested in seeing the post-ASP Venomous Fury declawed, to see how it is done. I'm pretty sure having bare threads would look really odd though if that is how the shroud is held on now.

For those looking at the new one and wondering what the difference is for retaining screws, I will try to get images of my pre-ASP one showing the location of retention screws if there is any interest.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4296
  • Latest Member: Gnost-Dural
  • Total Posts: 44.6k
  • Total Topics: 3248
  • Total Sections: 20
  • Total Categories: 101