Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Disappointment Weathered version

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24265

• Kili
Hi everyone,

My name is Yoann, i'm 24 and i live in France. Sorry if my english is bad, i will try my best :)

I've been lurking on this forums for a long time but i've waited to receive my saber to make my first post. This community is really cool and i will try to stay cool as well B)

So, i just received my first saber, the prodigal son champion edition 6w led, weathered version.

I will say it directly, i'm disappointed. It lacks of details compared to the standard edition. No arrows (green,red) and black button on the little box, and the black wear is not really "natural". This version REALLY needs some photos on the official site and on Etsy.

And with that, as soon as i unwrap the hilt, a little "copper" piece fall of the box. For the money that you spend and the long wait that you have for the saber, it breaks my heart :unsure:

Just after my order, i sent an email cause i was sure that i've made a little mistake with that weathered version, and that i would like to switch to the standard hilt finish. I got a reply really fast, and the response was great, he added an admin note for my order, no problem.

But i still received, the weathered version...

To finish, the LED move in the hilt (i don't know if that's a problem), and the blade is not stable. I don't have a screw with it, do i need to purchase one ?

I'm a real fan of their job, all those photos of everyone's saber is really great, it just seems that i don't have a lot of luck with mine. I've planned to return it, maybe a refund, i'll contact them these evening.

I just needed to express my frustration, and to warn the people that may be interested by that weathered version. Here's some pics.

The topic has been locked.

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24266

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello Yoann !

Ravi de savoir que d'autres français font partie de la communauté. Pour plus de facilité, je vais continuer en anglais afin que tout le monde puisse comprendre et participer ;)

I've been on this forum for a few months now and you're the very first customer I talk to who is disappointed in his SF saber. Sure, people before you were sometimes somewhat not entirely satisfied but the overwhelming majority of people here are absolutely thrilled and ecstatic about their sabers.

I am 100% confident that you and the SF staff will find a way to solve this issue. I have never heard of anyone being unhappy with their customer service. After all, even you said it in your message, the replies have been fast and pretty explicit, right? Again, you and SF will make it through, no doubts on that.

Still, I am very sorry to hear you are disappointed in your hilt. The Prodigal Son sure is a beauty and it's a pity you are not happy with the job you ordered.
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that considering the amount of money you've put in it, it sure is a bummer to be disappointed.

I hope that this mishap will not discourage you from wanting another SF saber and that we'll have the chance of getting to know you more :)

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24267

• Kili
Hey Faethien,

Sure, it's cool to have a small french community :lol:

I have to admit that i used some strong words. After few hours with it, i'm starting to liking it.

I was disappointed with the fact that the hilt didn't change even after my mail, but that black is good, and the weight of the hilt, the soundboard, that's awesome. I may use a little bit of glue to put the little copper piece back on the box.

Still, they really need to put some pics of this hilt. And NO, i'm not discourage at all from wanting another SF saber. :P

I will put here some news after i contact them to know what happened of the "admin note" :side:

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24268

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
I can only recommend that before gluing back that copper piece, contact them first hand and ask them how they glue it. You don't want to use the wrong kind of glue and damage the weathering or any other aspect of your hilt.

Even though I love the Standard Finish Prodigal Son, I kind of like your version too. Gives a different eye on it, and it's rather pleasant actually. Almost refreshing, considering most people take it with the standard finish ;)

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24271

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 342
I kinda like it. Different from what you normally see with the prodigal son. You certainly can claim a small measure of uniqueness there. Agree that it still needs the red/green arrows though.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24318

• ShrediMaster
This worries me as I JUST ordered my weathered PS last week. The arrowless switch, and what looks like to be a silver thin neck section instead of weathered copper under the emitter are sorta deal breakers for me as this finish just makes this saber feel bland, with not much variety. Is it copper or is it the picture washing out the color? Ugh, I don't like having these worried feelings for something I blindly spent 400 bucks on. Could you provide a couple more pictures, maybe in daylight?

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24321

• JebidiahJee
  • Premium Member
  • Yub nub, eee chop yub nub.
  • Thank you received: 8
ShrediMaster wrote:
This worries me as I JUST ordered my weathered PS last week. The arrowless switch, and what looks like to be a silver thin neck section instead of weathered copper under the emitter are sorta deal breakers for me as this finish just makes this saber feel bland, with not much variety. Is it copper or is it the picture washing out the color?

No copper thin neck section. A member brought this up a few weeks back.

Since you just ordered, just request a change to standard finish. You'd be a lot happier.
Hello, World
Everyday I'm Saberin', Saberin'

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24334

• Kili
And now some bad news for today, i charged it, and now it's impossible to start it...

I don't know what to do...

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24337

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1389
Kili wrote:
And now some bad news for today, i charged it, and now it's impossible to start it...

I don't know what to do...

It's really time to contact them, and ask what can be done.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24338

• Kili
I did, i'm waiting for their response now.

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24341

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1389
It can sometimes take a day or two to get a response, because of how busy things have been there recently, but don't worry! Knytiri (Josh) will get back to you, and help you sort all of this out.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24371

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
If it's not reacting when you pull the kill key out check the recharge port - new electronics can be a little stiff and sometimes the pin gets stuck down. You can pop it back up with your Allen key.

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #24372

• Kili
Thanks for your response.

Yep it's not reacting when i pull the kill key out.

But i don't really see how i can pop the pin back up with an Allen key. Do i have to open something ?

I'm assuming that the answer is going to be no, and i don't want to break something.

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #25115

• JediBeerBoy
  • Thank you received: 2
I got the same one, same issue...I should have put it my post under this section but I put it in open topics. The Weathered version not shown on the ETSY site or the Saberforge site as you can see. When I contacted saberforge about the difference, their explination was that the weathered finish was supposed to resemble the V2 luke saber (stunt version) and that was used for many of the scenes in Episode V.

I contacted saber forge asking them to please update the pages to explain that the finishes vary the final product. I got a very quick response but I see they have not made any changes yet.

For my next one...I will make sure I ask the community or saberforge directly before I order another one to see what the final product looks like. The saber has grown on me I like it, but that initial let down for how I thought it was going to look was brutal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black415Burn

Disappointment Weathered version 1 year 11 months ago #25193

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
One of the designs I was deciding between for my ASP saber utilized a weathered PS switch, but after seeing this thread I emailed SaberForge to see if I'd actually get that or a regular one. I received a generic " what's in the builder is available, more will be added later" response back without referencing the part I asked about. So now I'm wondering if I should risk it or not.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black415Burn
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ceremonial Kota | Disside... (9 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] ...[image] [attachment]
    • Ceremonial Kota | Disside... (9 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] Seeing colours with eyes wide shut.. [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] ...
    • Hilts and asp (16 Posts)
    • Quote: I love the exalted, maybe I'll just get that. Be inspired. :P :whistle: [attachment] [attachment] ...
    • Aeon Dimensions (1 Posts)
    • Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone here can measure the Aeon sabers dimensions? Diameters,...
    • Boulder/Denver CO? (2 Posts)
    • Hey Major_Tom I live in the Denver area :)

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6038
  • Latest Member: Darth Caedes
  • Total Posts: 62k
  • Total Topics: 5172
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 31