Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Add/remove black on a hilt

Add/remove black on a hilt 3 months 1 week ago #41936

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
So, I love the dual-tone Epoch's looks, except for one problem: I really dislike the all-black choke, and vastly prefer the silver-with-black-lines choke of the standard finish. My question, then, is which is a better way to try to get what I want? Should I get a standard finish and paint the emitter, emitter windows, and pommel? Or should I get a dual-tone and somehow remove the black from part of the choke?

It seems to me like painting the emitter, pommel, and emitter windows would be by far the easier way to go. If that's true, it leads to the following question... what's the best way to paint them? I have no experience painting aluminum, so as much advice as I can get would be helpful.
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Add/remove black on a hilt 1 month 2 weeks ago #51743

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • *Inspirational Star Wars Quote*
  • Thank you received: 136
Old post, I know, but it would probably be easier to remove the black via sanding on the choke than to paint sections black.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Add/remove black on a hilt 1 month 2 weeks ago #51798

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Could it be done leaving a shiny finish and without affecting the black inside the grooves? A moot point now--I ordered the saber over a month ago, and during that time the non-dual-tone version has grown on me to the point where I think I'd rather have that than the dual-tone anyway.
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Add/remove black on a hilt 1 month 2 weeks ago #51799

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 320
Vyk if you sanded it lightly with about 200 grit , you could achieve the effect that you had mentioned. Raised ribs silver with black in the recess. Tape off the hilt and emitter so they don't get scratched. Just take your time.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Wait Begins! 3.0 (1687 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi guys... Just in case any of you are waiting for your Phoenix saber stand, I received this email...
    • Yeah the end wait was by far the worst. It started to drag cause you know it's coming into existence...
    • Champion Avenger 12W+ Med... (11 Posts)
    • Fantastic review, Andi-Jae EL...It's interesting to hear your story and your motivation in buying...
    • Hi guys... Just in case any of you are waiting for your Phoenix saber stand, I received this email...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4227
  • Latest Member: mathiaspeace
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3118
  • Total Sections: 19
  • Total Categories: 101
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 22
  • Yesterday Answer: 132