Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Removing activation switches

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48472

• JackDonn
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey guys!

My acolyte warrior is coming in about 2 weeks and im planing on upgrading it myself for full sound, 12+ LED, and blade flicker, I wanted to know how i would go about removing the already glued in buttons that are installed on the hilt, since there is no way to reach them from the inside of the hilt.

Thanks,
Jack
Signature
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by JackDonn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48815

• JackDonn
  • Personal Text
Anyone have any ideas?
Signature

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48823

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Hi Jack,
It really depends on how it's installed.
If it's hotglue, then you'll probably need a heat gun (guys, is it ok to use a heatgun over a lightsaber hilt?) Make the glue warm then peel it off.

If it's secured by the nut underneath (some are) then you'll need a tool for removing it. I'm sorry but I don't know what kind of tool that is.
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48825

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1778
Hey JackDonn, from the pages read within the Forum I haven't found a direct link to reference the technique to assist you with your query. Typically the technique suggested by other Members to loosen the adhesion where glue is used is by gradual waving of a constant heat source like a hair-dryer. This is then followed by gently easing the 'part' to first signs of no resistance. This method however has mostly been used on the threaded parts consistent to fore-grips and emitters though so I cannot say with certainty if the principle would be equally as effective for the switch.

Since you are intending on upgrading the sound immediately upon delivery, is it an option to submit a production request to Customer Service, requesting that glue not be used to secure the switch? This would be of great advantage to you as the only attachment of the switch would be the internal locking nut hence enabling you to perform what you have to and then apply the glue yourself upon completion.

If I have success with finding a direct reference I shall update it here.

EDIT:
@JackDonn, these are the references I found. They may be identical to what your search has resulted, it may not, however based on the limited information your query has stemmed from it should be useful.
1. Within the Forum
2. Outside the Forum
3. Continuation to Point 2.

While I'm here in an EDIT, @Gaelis and wrote:
is there a specific tool for gripping/ turning the internal locking nut, or is it just a case of needle-nose pliers?
Depending on the Hilt relative to SF Tier Type, the shortest distance from Switch(es) to opening would ordinarily be from Emitter end. It will also depend on Switch type used for the install. Needle nose Pliers will do the trick however in addition to (again depending on distance) a pencil with an eraser on the end works very effectively. MacGyver style would be to use a screw driver with a covered tip or to cut a rubber glove fingertip and wrap screw driver end. There may be a specific tool available but one that has remained elusive to me and unidentified. ;)
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by OvrcAHst.

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48835

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
OvrcAHst wrote:
This would be of great advantage to you as the only attachment of the switch would be the internal locking nut hence enabling you to perform what you have to and then apply the glue yourself upon completion.

Hey OvrcAHst, is there a specific tool for gripping/ turning the internal locking nut, or is it just a case of needle-nose pliers?
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48880

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Gaelis wrote:
OvrcAHst wrote:
This would be of great advantage to you as the only attachment of the switch would be the internal locking nut hence enabling you to perform what you have to and then apply the glue yourself upon completion.

Hey OvrcAHst, is there a specific tool for gripping/ turning the internal locking nut, or is it just a case of needle-nose pliers?

Usually just pliers or your finger does the trick.
JackDonn wrote:
Hey guys!

My acolyte warrior is coming in about 2 weeks and im planing on upgrading it myself for full sound, 12+ LED, and blade flicker, I wanted to know how i would go about removing the already glued in buttons that are installed on the hilt, since there is no way to reach them from the inside of the hilt.

Thanks,
Jack

What soundboard are you using?
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48973

• JackDonn
  • Personal Text
Thanks everyone for your help!

In regards to OvrcAHst, I will try to contact saber forge but i am certain they are about to start building it this week, and i do own a heat gun and long pliers so thanks for the advice! (didn't know they use glue)

And Jaden, I will be installing a Nano Biscotte V3 and a saber forge 12+ deep blue led unit

I will be following Shameem Moshrefzadeh's video for installing new electronics
Signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schwizzle

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #48974

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 759
JackDonn wrote:
I will be installing a Nano Biscotte V3 and a saber forge 12+ deep blue led unit

Obligatory warning that NBv3 has a 6W limit on the main channel and 4.5W limit on the FoC channel, so you'll need to replace the LED resistors to bring down the power on a 12W+.

EDIT: Aaaand Soundboard breakdown written up:
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/saber-electronics-diy/10644-diy-sound-board-breakdown#48976
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Kouri.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, BoostinIX, Schwizzle

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #49026

• JackDonn
  • Personal Text
yeah i already new i was going to need resistors B)
Signature

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #49102

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1778
JackDonn,
I wanted to know how i would go about removing the already glued in buttons that are installed on the hilt, since there is no way to reach them from the inside of the hilt.
Further to my previous Post, you may be interested in reaching out to Aidzer0 specific to his Review Thread for his Guardian. Granted it's an Elite Hilt versus your Apprentice, consistent to each other as Warrior Tiers his 'hands-on' experience with recent removal may be invaluable to you.

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #49107

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
JackDonn wrote:
yeah i already new i was going to need resistors B)

Good to hear. Wouldn't want you to get all your parts in, get excited to start building and find out it won't work. You probably could have used a tri-cree or rebel LED with royal blue dies (which are what are used to make SF's deep blue), but this way you're getting the rechargable battery, charger, and correctly sized heatsink for the LED already.

Make sure to post pics when you're done!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Removing activation switches 1 year 9 months ago #49206

• JackDonn
  • Personal Text
Thanks again everyone for the help
Signature
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by JackDonn.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• The Venandi (Hunter) (1 Posts)
    • I mocked up the gold powdercoat I want on the body, going to have to use a little imagination here...
    • Ladies and Gentlemen The ... (9 Posts)
    • What did you use to edit the images?
    • can someone give me a des... (2 Posts)
    • A lot of your questions can be answered on the site here. My first saber is in the process of...
    • Sacrifice. (8 Posts)
    • Of course, Sacrifice. Have you done a review of that saber already. If not plz do.The white Ven...
    • Fighting Forms. (15 Posts)
    • Thanks For Tyeth! :) Yeah, especially with the mechanical arm, I imagine his arm can deliver...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6398
  • Latest Member: sauron_33
  • Total Posts: 63.5k
  • Total Topics: 5382
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 20
  • Yesterday Answer: 40