Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Empty Apprentice Hilts

Empty Apprentice Hilts 11 months 1 week ago #51362

• Cort
Hi Guys, a question for the SF-experienced.

Do the Apprentice hilts come predrilled for switches? Are they predrilled for LED and Blade retention screws?

If not, can an order be placed to do the above?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Empty Apprentice Hilts 11 months 6 days ago #51559

• SilverlightPony
  • Thank you received: 18
Don't get "Apprentice" and "Initiate" confused. For lack of better terms, I've been referring to Apprentice and Elite as "classes" and Initiate/Warrior/Champion/Hero as "tiers".

An Apprentice-class and an Elite-class saber of the same tier have the same capability, the difference being how complex they are to manufacture. Initiate tier is an empty hilt; Warrior is a hilt with working switch, LED, battery and blade; Champion adds sound; and Hero adds all the extra fancy features.

I believe all Initiate tier sabers (whether Apprentice or Elite class) do have the holes drilled for the switch, just with a dummy switch installed (or included) instead of a working one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Empty Apprentice Hilts 11 months 6 days ago #51568

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I believe all Initiate tier sabers (whether Apprentice or Elite class) do have the holes drilled for the switch, just with a dummy switch installed (or included) instead of a working one.
Almost all hilts, whether elite/apprentice or initiate tier and up, come with two holes for a recharge port and a on/off switch. Champions/Heroes come with a recharge port and an on/off switch in those two holes. Warriors have a working on/off and typically have a dummy switch in the second hole. Initiates come with those two holes covered by dummy switches that can be removed and replaced with a working switch and recharge port. All hilts come predrilled for blade and LED retention screws and come with the screws as well as blade plugs.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by h2soy.

Empty Apprentice Hilts 11 months 4 days ago #51925

• Cort
Perfect, just the answer needed.

Empty Apprentice Hilts 9 months 3 weeks ago #56803

• DJDee
Anyone have a good suggestion on how to remove the dummy switches

Empty Apprentice Hilts 9 months 6 days ago #59624

• alancheong
i tried heating with hair dryer on high for 20 minutes to try and melt the glue, no luck, wouldn't budge.

anyone can help? drilling it is my last resort.

Empty Apprentice Hilts 9 months 6 days ago #59634

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 287
you can remove dummy switches easily by drilling it out. Get a small bit and drill into the middle of it. Wiggle and pop it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alancheong

Empty Apprentice Hilts 7 months 4 days ago #65020

• alancheong
Got another batch of saberforge empty hilts yesterday and saw it came with the new dummy switches glued in (despite requests not to do so)

With the previous batch, i had to drill the dummy switch and then use something to leverage and pop them out. So i took out the drill, the vice, the cloth and center punch and hammer and all ready to drill.

One soft knock on the dummy switch with the center punch and the center portion of the switch gave way and left with a hole. A gentle lift with the center punch also easily removed the rest of the switch. All done in less than 5 to 10 seconds !!!

The new dummy switches doesn't seem to be made of aluminum, perhaps plastic. But it's fragile and really thin. Unlike the old switches which are thick aluminum, and tougher to remove. I am loving this new dummy switches, not because i like to keep them but because they are so easy to remove and throw away. LOL.

Zero drilling required.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (5 Posts)
    • I don't know about SF's reasons, but I know that another vendor doesn't use PayPal anymore due to...
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 41