Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 4 months 2 weeks ago #54898

• t_hac
Hi guys, Looking to replace the led in my exhausted but i can seem to access the led module, all stock internals, the module is located just below the brass neck. it won't unscrew, I've tired lots of torque using a strap wrench and heat but to no avail...

what do i do!? I've also tried to unscrew the hilt just below the grenade section but as well it is stuck, i have heard they use glue in the threads? any way to get this apart without damaging it!??

thanks!

here is a pic
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 4 months 5 days ago #56405

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 140
Are you trying to use a Quick Connects LED? The Quick Connects aren't installed in thin necks.
If you're looking to replace the LED permanantly, I'm not sure how, as using heat was the first thing suggested to deal with the threadlocker that keeps the hilts from unscrewing. Then again, I wouldn't know, because they didn't put any on my hilt.
If it's of any help, you certainly won't be able to get at the LED through the thin-neck part.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by RyanRising.

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 2 months 2 weeks ago #62033

• ColdHit
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi. Did you ever figure it out? I am actually building an Exhalted empty body. However can not figure out how the LED is held in place, as I can't find any type of retraining screw for the LED on the body.

Does your hilt have a retainer screw for the LED?

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 2 months 2 weeks ago #62043

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Its held in place by a set of snap rings (aka C-Rings) on the inside of the grenade section. You can access it by unscrewing the switch section from the grenade. My redeemer had no glue when I received it, and came apart there rather easily. My exhalted seems to have the threads glued in place, and I haven't yet had a good reason to go in there as it didn't have the rattle that the other did. I would imagine a hairdryer would be enough to soften the glue on these, but haven't had to try yet. You'll need a set of snap ring pliers to actually remove the snap rings and access the LED.

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 2 months 2 weeks ago #62068

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 485
ColdHit wrote:
Hi. Did you ever figure it out? I am actually building an Exhalted empty body. However can not figure out how the LED is held in place, as I can't find any type of retraining screw for the LED on the body.

Does your hilt have a retainer screw for the LED?

What kind of LED are you planning on using? I'm not sure if the change is across the board or just for the ASP parts, but the SF LED modules and the ASP kits people have been getting have had some extra threading in the top section above the optic, and thin necked ASP owners have discovered it screws into the bottom of their thin neck parts.

In any case, the c-clip method would work just fine. Or you could pick up an 8-32 drill and tap drill bit set and add the retention hole yourself (which I wouldn't recommend unless you know what you're doing).
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Missing words
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 2 months 2 weeks ago #62071

• ColdHit
Hi Jaden, thanks for the input. I am using SF 12W (Arctic Blue), and plan to pair it with a NEC Spark 2 board, with single momentary switch. Will not use a charging port.

As per your pics, will see if applying heat between the grenade/switch section will help me unscrew, and allow more access to place the C-Rings.

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 2 months 1 week ago #62366

• Thdobson
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello ColdHit and Others.

I too am having difficulty separating the grenade section from the body. I recently received an empty hilt for a self-install. I requested no glue but they glued them anyway. I was able to break free the lower section of the body no problem but the grenade section is a beast. I even tried a heat gun for about 5 minutes but all it did was make the hilt almost too hot to handle.

Upon looking at it closer and comparing it to pictures of older versions I've noticed the bottom black portion of the grenade section is now thicker. This is leading me to wonder if they've changed their manufacturing process and the grenade and upper body (switch) is now one piece.

If these are now one piece it will really be a bummer as i'm trying to make a shoto companion using the body as the base. With the ASP version of the body is longer than the original Exhalted/Fury body i've got to rethink my plan. FYI, I was planing on swapping the Exhalted and ASP Fury bodies. Here's the ASP "Exhalted Shoto" I was going for: Link

I've got an email into customer service to see if they can shed any light on this, so I'll report back once I get a reply hopefully later next week.

Help!: Want to replace the led in my exhalted hilt 2 months 1 week ago #62868

• ColdHit
Thdobson, I can tell by feeling inside and from the outside that these parts of the hilt are separate parts. Just not sure how we can unscrew them apart. Also by analysing a build and having a resitor in there with wires, it doesn't make any sense for it not to unscrew.

If you were able to unscrew yours, please do tell how you managed it.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Most popular hilts (7 Posts)
    • My favourite 5 are: 1- Obi-Wan AOTC (avenger) 2- Galen Marek (monarch) 3- Mara Jade (jade fire) 4-...
    • I received my Vanquish! (3 Posts)
    • Quote: I will do a video next week about it but for now just know I love it! Is this Video coming anytime...
    • Champion Weathered Venom ... (11 Posts)
    • Too bad about the Fallen (too soon?), have a closer look with the speaker and see if it's just the...
    • DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story s... (12 Posts)
    • Quote: I am so glad you posted this. When I first saw this saber, I moved on. I seem to be drawn toward...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4533
  • Latest Member: DavidVar
  • Total Posts: 47.5k
  • Total Topics: 3502
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 34