Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 1 week ago #57878

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 417
Quoting a non-specific reseller, it seems the latest batch of Graflex 2.0 kits have a modified bladeholder and new circuit board:
We recieved the first batch of the new Graflex 2.0 today. We need to go through and inspect them so it may take a day or two before they are up for sale. These now have two additional 6-32 holes on the blade holder. One is about half way up for holding [7/8"] LED modules in place ... and the other is back at the threading which can be used to hold a MHS V2 LED module in place now that the back end is bored out for it. This could also be used to hold a chassis, etc. ... The only other change I can think of is the kits come with a gold rather than black circuit card now.

For those opting for 3D-printed chassis, Knight chassis should still work, since the rear 1" section of the bladeholder only extends about a half inch, returning to 7/8" directly afterward.

Padawan chassis likely won't fit in the new bladeholder. Instead, the Disciple with the front 1" section trimmed to 1/2" length should work fine.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Kouri.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 6 days ago #58597

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 32
Does this change affect any of us that we're planning on using a vaders vault blade holder with one of these new graflex 2.0?

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 6 days ago #58602

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 483
There are separate chassises DarthRyo on Shapeways designed with the 1" VV holder in mind.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by Jaden Korr.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 5 days ago #58607

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 122
I ordered a Graflex 2.0 from Parks on 4/24. Last week I read from Korbanth that a huge shipment came in to him and the other vendors. I reached out to Parks via email asking if my order was a part of this shipment or not and he wrote back saying mine should be shipping out this week. So I'm very excited. I'm still on the fence of doing a crystal chamber or not. DarthRyo will probably be getting some of my money for one of his chassis. Still waiting on VV to restock their 1'' blade holder though.
- Light em up

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 5 days ago #58630

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
As far as I'm aware, this shouldn't affect anyone wanting to use a VV blade holder.

On Darth Ryo's end, he just released modified chassis for the new 7/8" blade holder, so as long as you read carefully, you're still good.

If you already bought one of the older 7/8" chassis, it'll take a little ingenuity, but they can be made to work with the new blade holder.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 5 days ago #58634

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 153
^This. He posted a fairly-easy fix for the Knight chassis. The lower teirs take some work.

Or if you're buying a new one, you're set.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 3 days ago #58782

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
There are separate chassises DarthRyo on Shapeways designed with the 1" VV holder in mind.

Gotcha... I was starting to panic when I first read this. I already purchased a guardian chassis with a cf8 but it uses a knight sound module. When kouri mentioned the knight having issues I was just confusing the knight sound module for the knight chassis.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 3 months 3 days ago #58803

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
For those with the older Knight- the Goth shapeways store has an adapter ring you can order for $5 iirc.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59539

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 122
My Graflex came in this Thursday and it looks great. I have purchased a lot of smaller accessories (Glass eye, 2x graflex red buttons from TGS, both the ESB and TFA circuit card, kobolt D-ring from Wannawanga) to make it more screen accurate. Quick question on the Goth chassis. I want to get the VV 1'' blade holder and it seems that means I should get the Guardian chassis because I also want to do a crystal chamber. I need some advice on what, if any, other chassis I need to combine with this. Do I also have to get a crystal chamber chassis? Any recommendations from people that have done it? I also will be picking up the clamp switch plunger unless someone has a better suggestion. Thanks for any advice.
- Light em up

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59567

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
I haven't built one but I have almost all the parts to commission one. The guardian chassis is 1 of 2 parts that creates a crystal chassis. The other part you need is a knight sound module that will hold whatever board you pick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59804

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
Anyone else get one of the graflex with the clamp scuffed up? I got mine from parks sabers and it has rough areas on either side of the clamp. It doesn't look like a scrape mark it looks more like a clear coating with texture or maybe the clamp wasn't buffed out all the way.

Is this fixable? I read on the tcss website that it could be sanded but I hit it with 220 with no luck.

I'm not doing the build myself but I'm not sure if I should try to return it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59806

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
Mine from Korbanth had scratches in a few spots, and a ding in the emitter lip. The aluminum is pretty soft, and I ended up adding a few more during the install just from handling it.

If anyone else is looking for one, TCSS still has some in stock, and all the ones they deem as too marked up will be sold at a discount later. And they're also coming with a gold circuit card now (as Kouri stated above).
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Spelling is fun

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59808

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
TCSS mentioned a bunch of their clamps having some scuffs. Just got mine in yesterday. The clamps seem fine, but the rest of the hilt's got scratches. I don't want to take any sandpaper to 'em since I figure I'll just mess up the nickel-plating. I'll probably hit them with a few washes of paint for some light distressing.

On the bright side, the Kobold Clips (ESB/TFA) are a lot nicer this time around. Last batch were over-polished before plating and lost their hard edges. There's also a dedicated notch cut in the threads near the default clamp location for anyone wanting to install activation-card switches.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59810

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
That's neat to see. I had debated that, still might do it that way.

I have the unpolishable-areas on either side of the clamp, but I barely notice it. After turning the clamp screw another rotation, it holds the WannaWanga card pretty snug too.

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59812

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
BoostinIX wrote:
the WannaWanga card.

I've been thinking about picking one of those up, along with an accurate side tab screw from KR sabers, as well replacing the screw above the glass eye with an accurate slot one and use it for blade retention and grind the glass eye screw down to be flush.

KR sabers also sells the black heatsink modules SF uses, as well as 12mm latching switches that will fit in SF hilts, as the ones from TCSS are way too long and require bezels even in the larger MHS parts. The prices are a bit high for the switch and screw, but a good place to get them if you can't find them elsewhere.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Graflex 2.0 Warning - Changes in latest batch 2 months 3 weeks ago #59814

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
Yup, I have his screw.......somewhere. Hoping someone didn't throw out the envelope with it still in it :/ Be a $15 whoops.

He does sell them; and tempted to grab some if I ever do a decent order from him. Even has some empty hilts. Lit AV is harder to find, helpful to have it all there. And new v3 plugs. And all sorts of goodies I wouldn't mind snagging, lol.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by BoostinIX.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• [SOLD] Avenger (2nd ed, C... (5 Posts)
    • SOLD! [image]...
    • [SOLD] Avenger (2nd ed, C... (5 Posts)
    • Saber is now ON HOLD pending PayPal verification!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4498
  • Latest Member: ChrisGilbert
  • Total Posts: 46.7k
  • Total Topics: 3413
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 109
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 52