Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Questions about PS Crystal

Questions about PS Crystal 7 months 2 weeks ago #63914

• thorvindr
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm planning a build that I'd like to start with SF's Prodigal Son Crystal model. I just have some questiions about the details of this model.

If I order the "no electronics" tier, what's in the crystal chamber? I understand it won't be lit. Is the crystal colored or is it clear? If colored, how difficult would it be to replace it? Is it setup so that I can light it myself without much trouble or will I have to do some serious modification to the chamber?

How easy is it to disassemble? I'm basically planning to upgrade this to a full-featured hilt but if it's not easy to take apart, I'll start somewhere else.

Regarding the activation box: will it have all the moving parts as the full-featured model? I understand it won't have a switch or a charging port but will the cover still slide off to reveal the top of the metal box? Will the physical switch parts still be there without the electronic components?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions about PS Crystal 6 months 3 weeks ago #65705

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
thorvindr wrote:
I'm planning a build that I'd like to start with SF's Prodigal Son Crystal model. I just have some questiions about the details of this model.
If I order the "no electronics" tier, what's in the crystal chamber? I understand it won't be lit. Is the crystal colored or is it clear?
Clear.
Is it setup so that I can light it myself without much trouble or will I have to do some serious modification to the chamber?
I remain unsure with any accuracy on this part. Trying to troubleshoot the assembly specific to this section with SFCS returned zero results for a Prebuilt Champion Setup.
How easy is it to disassemble? I'm basically planning to upgrade this to a full-featured hilt but if it's not easy to take apart, I'll start somewhere else.
When Ordering Hilts as Initiate Tiers, All Parts are unglued and hand tightened before Shipping. For a PS Hilt (as Thin Necks go) 'normally' it will be 5Pieces (maybe 6) consistent to ASP: Emitter with Thin Neck attached (possible the Emitter Cap is separate to the Thin Neck), Grenade Foregrip (Adapter), Switch with Box, Body, Pommel Cap.

With CR PS, am unsure. The Crystal Chamber 'appears' to be secured internally by either threaded screw with paired Nut or setscrews as it's a moving Part (on the grenade part). SFCS has suggested it's glued which doesn't make sense as this would disable the moving springloaded function. There must be a backdoor for reversed entry to enable access to the LED Module that sits internally on top of the Crystal Chamber. Maybe sending an email to SFCS querying a potential Initiate Tier Purchase will return answers with how that specific Part is assembled.
Regarding the activation box: will it have all the moving parts as the full-featured model? I understand it won't have a switch or a charging port but will the cover still slide off to reveal the top of the metal box? Will the physical switch parts still be there without the electronic components?
No. The Box will have 'normally' *two switch Holes pre-drilled without covers and the standard moveable Switch Plate Card. No actual switches will be included as the types required will vary depending on Warrior/Champion Setup.

*You may want to enquire further with SFCS as changes may be likely where only one switch hole may be pre-drilled only.

Noted, it mightn't help much but short of disassembling it (which I have no intention on doing any time soon) SFCS have remained elusive with sharing the assembly of the Chamber.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (4 Posts)
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: SWEET! I will definitely be getting an Aeon. Prodigy looks great too. I'd have to see some...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 41