Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 7 months 16 hours ago #65276

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Oh, uh, about a week ago I got my Initiate Exalted, Arctic Blue 12w+ LED, 32" blade, and kill key. The saber doesn't have the reflective film though :S. What it does have is a brass knurled kill key (not LazerForge, the nice metal one), a free blade plug (from some deal on their website) and a free 37" blade (which I assume they sent by mistake). Yay! :cheer:

I also got my order in from shopsaberparts for a Fury Pommel for my Venomous Fury (which is broken for the fourth time now and would die in a fire if I didn't like the way it looks so much), a black grenade grip that I didn't consider had female threading where it needs male, and a speaker.

I also got a bunch of other stuff previously, including a Spark 2. So that's nice.

I'm working with SF to get the reflective film and broken VF sorted out and to see if I can do something about that grenade grip. I will have Brax's lightsaber eventually, muahaha. :evil: Well, one that looks like it anyway. I'm not going to break into his house and steal it. He's probably be mad. I'm tired. Good night, y'all.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 7 months 16 hours ago by RyanRising. Reason: I cannot afford to keep sending that VF back to Oregon to get it fixed! I could have bought, like, another LED module or some RAM for my pic or a LEGO set for the shipping I've paid!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 7 months 15 hours ago #65277

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
eyy!, RyanRising, how have you been? haven't seen you online for ages. Saddened about your VF mate, but you might be the reason why shopsaberparts is out-of-stock of DIY Switches, because I count (maybe) 8 in that bottom pic. :lol: Am pretty sure you'll get the Mylar for the Thin Neck too, HotRod and Borommakot reported something similar when they Ordered theirs. With your top pic, is that the intended LED Module that's being installed? because it looks like the standard without the threaded cap to connect to the bottom of the Thin Neck Emitter-inside the Grenade Adapter (unless of course you got some C-Clips to secure it or have a retention screw drilled).

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 7 months 7 hours ago #65293

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Oh, my post wasn't deleted, it was moved! And renamed! Okay, let me delete my post from the wait begins. I'll get to your questions in a sec.

EDIT: Okay, did that. Now! I have not been online for ages! I don't know why. Must have been something about the summer. And I've been good, how about you?

You only see two switches, they're momentary unlit switches and I actually only have space for the one. The rest are recharge ports, which I got from eBay at about $2 for 10 of them. The switches are from eBay too. I got these all before shopsaberparts was a thing.

About the film, things are looking up in that departement, so my experience will probably match theirs. And... Shoot, you're right! I ordered that LED with my main saber hilt, so it doesn't have threading to match the grip's. I was originally planning to either drill+tap a retention screw hole or use the snap-rings, though, so it doesn't really throw a wrench in my plans.
Last Edit: 7 months 7 hours ago by RyanRising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 7 months 5 hours ago #65305

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Hey, Ryan! I've got extra Mylar. I'll trade you for that kill key. :lol:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 7 months 4 hours ago #65311

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 580
Well, at least ShopSaberParts has Male/Male couplers to fit your grenade and switch sections together.

Assuming your female-threaded switch accepts ASP threading.

Coupler 2's a grenade section that would probably work well if you can get it timed. Otherwise, the Very Short Staff coupler is the least visible.

Or get the Short Staff coupler and make your own crystal chamber.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 6 months 3 weeks ago #65334

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
RyanRising wrote:
And I've been good, how about you?
:lol: Yeah, been pretty good. As good as a kerbalnaut blasting off into space on a successful launch, starting a new Mission. ;)
You only see two switches, they're momentary unlit switches and I actually only have space for the one. The rest are recharge ports, which I got from eBay at about $2 for 10 of them. The switches are from eBay too. I got these all before shopsaberparts was a thing.

About the film, things are looking up in that departement, so my experience will probably match theirs. And... Shoot, you're right! I ordered that LED with my main saber hilt, so it doesn't have threading to match the grip's. I was originally planning to either drill+tap a retention screw hole or use the snap-rings, though, so it doesn't really throw a wrench in my plans.
An extra wrench is likely a great thing for you. What began with a Prodigal Son then Reborn with quite possibly Juggernaut too. How? Cos you made a thing. ;) :lol:

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 6 months 3 weeks ago #65438

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
HotRod wrote:
Hey, Ryan! I've got extra Mylar. I'll trade you for that kill key. :lol:

Haha... No.
But thanks for offering!
brass kill key is my precious
Kouri wrote:
Well, at least ShopSaberParts has Male/Male couplers to fit your grenade and switch sections together.

Assuming your female-threaded switch accepts ASP threading.

Coupler 2's a grenade section that would probably work well if you can get it timed. Otherwise, the Very Short Staff coupler is the least visible.

Or get the Short Staff coupler and make your own crystal chamber.

Thanks for the advice! I was certainly looking at the couplers as an option, as this saber does use the ASP threads, but customer service has been absolutely fantastic and offered to send me a threaded section I can use to join the two.

And I don't think I'm quite ready to do a crystal chamber yet. I'm just starting in this whole DIY thing, so I should probably pace myself.
OvrcAHst wrote:
-snip-
:lol: Yeah, been pretty good. As good as a kerbalnaut blasting off into space on a successful launch, starting a new Mission. ;)
-snip-
An extra wrench is likely a great thing for you. What began with a Prodigal Son then Reborn with quite possibly Juggernaut too. How? Cos you made a thing. ;) :lol:

I hate to admit it, but I forgot all about that thread! :pinch: I've been absent from KSP in the same way I've been from this forum over the summer. I'll get on building that right away... tomorrow. :P

Also, as an update, I changed my mind and got a bass speaker from TCSS. I'm sure most of you know what it looks like, so I won't bother with a picture. The 3D printed speaker mount was actually for the bass speaker, so I don't know what I was thinking with the low profile ASP one. :silly:

EDIT: This is completely unrelated, but remember how the smileys are obscenely large on mobile? Whatever code makes them do that doesn't apply to previewing a post. Just thought that was interesting.

EDIT2: Okay, I didn't do the thing yet. Life is interfering. I've set a reminder at 5 everyday to do the thing, but I can't yet. Sorry. I'll get on it ASAP.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by RyanRising. Reason: The Thing.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 5 months 2 days ago #68330

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
So, I finished the lightsaber (and forgot pics) but I think I blew out a speaker. I replaced thatspeaker, but I also wanted to know if there's any way to turn down the sound on the Spark 2 soundbaord to avoid this happening again.
Anyone got any advice on that?

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 5 months 2 days ago #68334

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 580
The config for each font has sliders for hum and effect volumes.

One or two of the default fonts were sounding pretty gnarly on my Veco bass speaker, so I had to knock the volume down a notch from default.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 5 months 1 day ago #68337

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Thanks! For some reason I had assumed those were proportions. *facepalm*

That reminds me! I didn't mention that the bass speaker was the one that blew out, so I swapped it for the premium (low-profile) speaker I had bought by mistake from before. I'm lucky, I guess. I'all upload pics soon, after I get the SD card properly configured.

EDIT: Pics tomorrow, life permitting.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by RyanRising. Reason: Tomorrow I will have tea. Tea is good.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 5 months 1 day ago #68358

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Oh no, double-post. Sorry. But I have those pics now!

The blade, even without flicker turned on, is noticeably dimmer than that of my VF, but that's to be expected with a thin neck. The sound can be pretty loud, but I've turned it down for fear of blowing out the low profile speaker I have installed. The Spark 2 is pretty customisable, and I've bought and loaded these three sound fonts on it: LordBlako's Skywalker ROTJ, Shameem's Graflex TFA HD, and Shameem's Doctor Who Ancient Time Lord.

The hilt houses a Saberforge 12w+ Arctic Blue LED module, an NEC Spark 2 (R2) soundboard, a Solo's Hold 18650 Li-Ion Battery, and a Saberforge Low-Profile Speaker (replacing the TCSS bass speaker I foolishly destroyed). There's an unlit AV switch and recharge port there too, from some seller on eBay I don't remember the name of. How they can make money off of selling 10 recharge ports for les than $2 and free shipping I don't understand, but I also don't really care enough to look into it. The internals of the saber are all held in place by some G.O.T.H. 3Designs 1.12" chassis pieces.

All in all, I think it was worth the money and time I spent on it. And I now have two lightsabers, so I can fight someone with them!
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by RyanRising.

Initiate Exalted DIY: Started, sort of. 4 months 3 weeks ago #68560

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I love the all black grenade section on the Exhalted design. This is something I toyed with doing, but using the PS all black grenade section, which I ended up putting in another project. Very very nice.

I just did something similar with my Exhalted and went the coupler route (picture and thread coming in next day or two if not sooner) and to be honest....yours looks better. :lol: I wish I had e-mailed customer service, ha.

Great looking hilt!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by HotRod.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (5 Posts)
    • I don't know about SF's reasons, but I know that another vendor doesn't use PayPal anymore due to...
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 41