Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Speaker Mounting Tip!

Speaker Mounting Tip! 6 months 1 day ago #67107

• IINerfII
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey everyone, I found out something helpful for mounting speakers inside SF/ASP hilts. We know that for the most part, SF hilts have an ~1.10" ID for the body section. This is ~28mm, which is the usual size of a standard speaker, including the ones sold on shopsaberparts.com. I was having a difficult time mounting a speaker securely inside the ASP sabers I've been working on, and I didn't want to just pressure fit it against the pommel. I rummaged through my spare parts from my previous hobby (nerf modding, hence my name) and found the perfect piece!

1/2" PVC couplers appear to be almost exactly 1.10" or 28mm OD. You can make a sealed speaker chamber by boring out some of one end and gluing the speaker inside, leaving you with fantastic sound and volume, only made better by putting the body over it. It doesn't rattle, there's no danger of short circuits, it's perfect. I would wear a dust mask and eye protection while cutting, as the dust is probably horrible for you and it also just makes a horrible mess. I'm sure there's some variance depending on where you buy it from, but all of the ones I have were purchased from my local B&B Hardware store, and they have all fit perfectly.

These are particularly great if you make a chassis out of 1" bladestock, as you can cut the coupler in half partially lengthwise to make it seat right underneath the chassis, making it even more secure. You could even go a step further and lock it in place with the covertec screw if you wanted to. I will post some pictures here in a bit, I have to do some more testing. In the meantime, MTFBWY!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Ishwa, HotRod

Speaker Mounting Tip! 6 months 20 hours ago #67135

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
SF have implemented the speaker attachment to PVC with some of their Hilts, either butted-up against one end (to promote increased resonance) and to enable 'improved' access to get to the internals (which are still mainly using the sandwich method) or as you describe. The blade stock to reinforce is neat to keep things contained and the covertech acting as a secondary fix-point has been seen to show effectiveness too.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (5 Posts)
    • I don't know about SF's reasons, but I know that another vendor doesn't use PayPal anymore due to...
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 41