Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Prodigal Son (Initiate tier) control box questions

Prodigal Son (Initiate tier) control box questions 7 months 2 weeks ago #69788

• fuzzjunk
  • Thank you received: 12
I just ordered an empty Prodigal Son from Esty, which should be arriving Friday! I am planning to do a full install and just have a few questions about how the control box will be setup.

1. Will there be two switch holes in the control box? I've seen some empty hilts with only one hole and I am planning on doing in-hilt recharge. I know if you order a champion tier it has two switch holes, but I'm not sure about empty hilts.

2. Will there be anything under the clamp card depress the switch (I'm guessing I'll still need a raised momentary switch? I think I've seen rubber O-rings used to engage the button.

3. Is the LED module still held in place with a c-clip? I have an ASP Prodigal Son emitter which I can thread the module right onto the emitter (silver threaded ASP thin neck module).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Prodigal Son (Initiate tier) control box questions 7 months 2 weeks ago #69799

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 155
I ordered a PS from the main sight in August,
1.) It came with both holes drilled, but filled with a blank hole cover, and a raised latching switch installed.
2.) The clamp card was glued to the raised latching switch with a o-ring. (just give a it a good pull it will come loose.)
3.) The neck came with newer threaded version. You can still use the old black led module and C-clip if you want. or order a new threaded style from the ASP site, just put in your notes that you want one threaded for a thin neck.

Prodigal Son (Initiate tier) control box questions 7 months 2 weeks ago #69800

• fuzzjunk
  • Thank you received: 12
Vechaljian wrote:
I ordered a PS from the main sight in August,
1.) It came with both holes drilled, but filled with a blank hole cover, and a raised latching switch installed.
2.) The clamp card was glued to the raised latching switch with a o-ring. (just give a it a good pull it will come loose.)
3.) The neck came with newer threaded version. You can still use the old black led module and C-clip if you want. or order a new threaded style from the ASP site, just put in your notes that you want one threaded for a thin neck.

Your the best! Thank you so much, that is exactly what I wanted to hear!

I just ordered switch on eBay as I wasn't sure, illnjust have an extra then. I didn't put the note on my order about the threaded module as I wasn't sure at the time of placing the order. I hope they assume I needed it as I order the LED with the empty hilt.

Thanks again!

Prodigal Son (Initiate tier) control box questions 7 months 2 weeks ago #69801

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 155
You'll end up using the new switch, if your planning on doing a spark2/NB3 install your going to want a momentary rather than a latching, Plus they cut the terminals rather short.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hilt Design Gallery (1088 Posts)
    • And I can confirm that the signature link works! Looks good KelbornX, but it's not the only place to...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1088 Posts)
    • In the wake of Photobucket going full retard and charging $33/mo to allow 3rd party hosting of...
    • Ultrasabers Dark Sentinel... (1 Posts)
    • Heretic Inner Diameter (1 Posts)
    • Does anyone know the Inner diameter for the Heretic hilt? I'm buying a chassis from Goth 3D. Thank...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • To our new arrivals, welcome! Be sure to peruse the Forum Rules, and FAQ when you get a chance....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5336
  • Latest Member: Silent_Blade77
  • Total Posts: 56.5k
  • Total Topics: 4735
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 26