Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Adventure Time Finn the Human Lightsaber Help :\

Adventure Time Finn the Human Lightsaber Help :\ 1 year 3 weeks ago #13962

• Haytur
Ok this halloween I am doing a big theme with friends, where we are doing Adventure Time star wars characters. I decided I would be Jedi Finn the human. I have the outfit already mostly designed, with the traditional Finn Hat, Green backpack, Brown Jedi Robe, Blue Jedi Tunic and Belt, and some blue shorts. I am going to repaint a blaster so it is BMO. But honestly the lightsaber design I have in mind is the tuffest part and I could use some help!

First the basics, I am going to do Finns Original Golden sword as the main concept here. It's the most well known sword. I intend this to be a lightsaber I can put a working blade on (hopefully) and of course the lightsaber blade will be yellow. Here is a picture of the Adventure Time Sword in question.

As the base of this Adventure Time sword saber I was planning on using a Disciple from Saberforge, since it was maybe the closet I could get to the handle.

The leather wrap would be Cobalt blue instead of black like the above picture but the problem is...

I want to add the black regular sword guard onto this saber along with the pummel that has a ruby, I am unsure how I am going to do that quite yet. Not sure if I could glue wood to a metal object. The ideal thing would be putting a metal hilt brushed black like the saber but I am not metal smith and I doubt I can find a place here to do that nor am i sure how it would even be able to attach. The other part is the pummel, since i think the sound on the above saber comes out the bottom i would probably order this with out sound since I would have to probably make a plug of some sort that slides into the bottom. I am not sure yet how I am going to make the pommel. I was thinking maybe a black rubber that i could make it so it would slide in there and be relatively secure. Anyway I could use some help from you guys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adventure Time Finn the Human Lightsaber Help :\ 1 year 3 weeks ago #14007

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
Think you probably need a proper custom job for this one.

Pommel: I would be considering a chunky pommel which I notice as a blank usually come as a cylinder, maybe someone could machine the top and bottom down to make it more rounded... Powder coated and then install the "Ruby". Likely be hollow in the base as well for sound venting or even the activation switch if you are going for a stunt saber.

Hilt: I don't think you should limit the handle size to being a one handed sword, Finn often has both hands on the hilt so min 8" hilt without extensions.... Remember for a lightsaber this will likely be round... I could see this powder coated same black and then when all complete wrap some tennis handle tape or similar for the look.

Blade holder: This to me looks the really tricky bit, as low profile blade holder as possible with crossguards/quillons.... Really need to get this done at the same location as the other 2 parts to get the powder coating consistent.

While not duel worthy a ripper blade would finish this off nicely for display.

I put some thought into eventually doing a Thundarr the Barbarian Sunsword along the same principles.

Adventure Time Finn the Human Lightsaber Help :\ 11 months 6 days ago #16823

• duokun
  • Thank you received: 1
I really want to see how this turns out. I think that a Ripper Blade would be awesome for this project. Depending on skills and budget you could maybe get the hilt 3D printed and build it that way.

Adventure Time Finn the Human Lightsaber Help :\ 10 months 1 week ago #19021

• GothX
I'm actually working on a Finn the Jedi Cosplay myself. I am making my saber out of an ultrasaber dark initiate v2. Normally I prefer Saberforge over ultrasaber but as I'm essentially vandalizing this one I'd rather use the one that only cost $55 and isn't as pretty as a disciple. I made the crossguard from plasticard painted with Semi-gloss black spray paint. It looks close enough. The pommel is made from a wood ball from a craft store with a hole drilled in it large enough to fit over the handle as to not interfere with access to the batteries. Still haven't decided if I'm going to replace the light with a saberforge yellow since ultrasaber only offered orange but the led costs half as much as the saber.

Good luck on your build. We'll have to compare our finished products. :D
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72