Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Breaking threadlocker

Breaking threadlocker 2 months 4 weeks ago #74336

• snaX087
First time post because I need help :P any suggestions on breaking the threadlocker on a hilt? I tried a heat gun. The hilt got so hot i couldnt touch it so i wore gloves and grabbed both ends with small rubber lid remover pads and twisted a few times with all my strength but nothing gave way. Ive tried to find others who asked the same question but no cigar. Suggestions? I completely forgot to tell them not to put threadlocker on here and id rather not wait for an exchange if I can get it to come loose. Why they put threadlocker on an empty hilt is strange to me as well. It's not like I plan on leaving it that way lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breaking threadlocker 2 months 4 weeks ago #74337

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Sometimes you can use rust penetrant/WD40 try to get it into the cracks and let it soak a day or two recoating it a few times before heating it up, I work on cars for a living and have had my share of stuck parts this sometimes get the job done without finish damage. Usually when it comes to thread lock carb cleaner will slowly over a day will destroy the bond, but if you have any kind of finish other than silver you can say bye bye to it.

Breaking threadlocker 2 months 4 weeks ago #74344

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
Which hilt are you trying to take apart? Just one of those questions I have to ask; if it's an apprentice hilt, those are all actually a single machined part and you can't remove anything besides the pommel.

Breaking threadlocker 2 months 4 weeks ago #74348

• snaX087
sorry i forgot to mention it's a fallen hilt. Got it on sale a few weeks back. It's also just the standard finish but the emitter is gold colored
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0