Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Copper sideways Prodigal Son

Copper sideways Prodigal Son 2 months 13 hours ago #75175

• felipebins
Hello there. I just bought a Prodigal Son from ebay, and the guy told me that the copper in the sideways of the control box weren't there, which is fine for me. But I wanted to ask, were those painted or real copper? If it's painted, can anyone help me to find a paint that would be the same color? If it was real copper, is there a place to buy the copper already on that way to just fit it there? What would be the best way to fix it? Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Copper sideways Prodigal Son 2 months 5 hours ago #75192

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 524
Couldn't say if the are painted or not. Small square copper tubing is available at most hobby stores and Large chain hardware stores Lowes/Home Depot. Fairly inexpensive, and you could just sand half of the material away to recreate the correct size angle that would fit perfectly. Or at least thats how I would manufacture a solution. Good Luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Copper sideways Prodigal Son 2 months 23 minutes ago #75198

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 824
Hello felipebins,

As well as the great suggestions from =Ottomatix= (thanks =Otto=) you might want to check out scale model making supplies stores (OO gauge railways that sort of thing) They usually sell rods, micro tubing and angled plates in various finishes for scenery building.

Hope this helps,

For Tyeth
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0