Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Customization

Customization 4 months 3 weeks ago #78920

• JustBoristhewise
Hello everyone ! I received about 5 month ago my first saber a weathered venomous fury 12W Led and I have a few question about several things. First of all, is it possible to disassemble such a saber ? I can take of the pommel but never achieve to unscrew the other parts.
Secondly, I'd like to add some details on my pommel but I don't now which type of paint I should use ...
The fact is that some parts on my saber aren't as weathered as I'd like them to be and I'd like to add some metal paint on it. Does anyone have a suggestion ?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: inserted images and relocated Post
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Customization 4 months 1 week ago #79489

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1808
JustBoristhewise wrote:
is it possible to disassemble such a saber ? I can take of the pommel but never achieve to unscrew the other parts.
In its current state, only the pommel is the free-removable part. The version of the hilt and nature of its build anatomy will also dictate it but the emitter shroud may be also removable with a completely backed-out blade retention screw that then leaves just the blade holder.
If you're wanting to retain function of the electronics, above is pretty much it as other sections will most definitely have threads locked with glue. If your plans are to gut it and forego the electronics, heat/torque/acetone bath/machining oil (ie WD-40) soak will soften the glues adhesion and you can unthread the locked parts.
Secondly, I'd like to add some details on my pommel but I don't now which type of paint I should use ...
The fact is that some parts on my saber aren't as weathered as I'd like them to be and I'd like to add some metal paint on it. Does anyone have a suggestion ?
Enamel paints work as too any automotive paint. I've personally just used your typical rattle-can paint. Depends on how durable/lasting you want the result to be, dictates the action of surface prep and either with or without a base layer of etch primer and the subsequent curing time.

Customization 4 months 1 week ago #79518

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
I would add Birchwood Aluminum Black to that list but other than that OvrcAHst has got you covered. Note it will only effect bare aluminum.

Personally I find the weathered finish from SF to be too uniform, if that is what you're noticing also some 00 steel wool/sand paper and some patience can work wonders.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (41 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • They are scheduled to be added just prior to, or right at the same time they are available for...
    • Nice. Will they be available to play with on saberparts.com?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6468
  • Latest Member: jakUseno
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 55
  • Yesterday Answer: 79