Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Blade Repair

Blade Repair 1 month 2 weeks ago #85432

• 00Bram
  • Thank you received: 4
I have been using a vader's vault 1" blade for my ASP saber, and recently the tip flew off when dueling. After doing some research, I learned that dichloromethane (aka methylene chloride) is used to bond polycarbonate sheets, and that the blades are polycarbonate blades.

Now here's the cool bit: I am in Organic Chemistry 2. It broke on Friday, and Sunday evening I was reading the lab instruction for today, Monday. Not only is there an hour of free time while a condenser is running, but part of the materials in use is dichloromethane. Emailed my professor and he's like "Bring it in."

The blade is totally repaired, all that's left is to sand the finish (what grit does VV use when they sand their blades?).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blade Repair 1 month 2 weeks ago #85438

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 506
Nice! Yeah, they use Weld-On3 in the first place. Superglue and/or E6000 work in a pinch too.

As for sanding... first they dig in with 60 grit to rough it up, then I believe they go up to about 400 grit. I actually take 800 grit to mine when I get them just to smooth them out a bit more.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• "DIY" Star Wars... (105 Posts)
    • Sooooooo? :whistle:
    • Ordering on Saberforge (22 Posts)
    • There has got to be a prepaid Visa or Mastercard some where available to you. They are everywhere...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (87 Posts)
    • This is great to hear. Time to swap out Epoch emitter for Bane...
    • March Sale! (18 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: We need to tweak the banner text a bit, the freebies for $100 are a 4 piece set of the four new...
    • Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs N... (2 Posts)
    • The NEC fonts from Saber Fonts would be compatible, just needing to be renamed to the same standard...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6762
  • Latest Member: Errottabore90
  • Total Posts: 67.4k
  • Total Topics: 5704
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 44