Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Need help with Graflex Project

Need help with Graflex Project 1 month 5 days ago #86352

• JediBeerBoy
  • Thank you received: 2
My first saber was from Saber Forge the prodigal son "champion" weathered version. However, I would really like to complete my collection with the rest of the inspired sabers from the original trilogy.

Instead of just buying a complete saber I thought it would be cool to do a DIY Skywalker "Graflex" and if all goes well I would love to do a Vader inspired "MPP". Does anyone have experience doing these?

I found the two hilts from customsabershop.com, can someone help me figure out what internal components are best and fit? Do I have to stick with CSP internals?

I would like to do a single 12W color and a sound board. Goal is to have them do full combat to keep up with the prodigal son. Is this reasonable or should I just do a pre-built?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Graflex-25-Saber-Kit-P1134.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPP-20-Saber-Kit-P1172.aspx
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with Graflex Project 1 month 5 days ago #86367

• MrBond
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Everything you need to know -->

Need help with Graflex Project 1 month 5 days ago #86368

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 429
A Graflex build is not the best place to start for your first build. Even the Korbanth Graflex 2.X kits require additional work to turn into a saber complete with lights and sound.

If you want a duel capable Graflex, you'd want to go with a Korbanth 2.X and purchase a separate 1" blade holder. They come with a 7/8" blade holder. The 7/8" blades look great, but are no where near as durable as a thick walled 1" blade.

Alternately, if you dont mind some screen accuracy concessions, the SF Graflex coming out looks to be a good consideration for a duel capable saber and may be an easier install than any of the more accurate Graflex replicas.

Need help with Graflex Project 1 month 5 days ago #86371

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 293
All I'll say on Graflex is your never done..ever. I've built approx. 15 to date, only own 4 and still going to making another for myself soon..
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• "DIY" Star Wars... (105 Posts)
    • Sooooooo? :whistle:
    • Ordering on Saberforge (22 Posts)
    • There has got to be a prepaid Visa or Mastercard some where available to you. They are everywhere...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (87 Posts)
    • This is great to hear. Time to swap out Epoch emitter for Bane...
    • March Sale! (18 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: We need to tweak the banner text a bit, the freebies for $100 are a 4 piece set of the four new...
    • Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs N... (2 Posts)
    • The NEC fonts from Saber Fonts would be compatible, just needing to be renamed to the same standard...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6762
  • Latest Member: Errottabore90
  • Total Posts: 67.4k
  • Total Topics: 5704
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 44