Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Paint to use & how?

Paint to use & how? 9 months 4 weeks ago #19692

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a acolyte 12w purple. But where the black powder coating is I want to know if I can paint over that? Do I have to put a sealant on it? What paint if possible do I use? Where can I get it? Thanks saber fam
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Paint to use & how? 9 months 4 weeks ago #19695

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
It's not powdercoating; that's anodizing. But yes, you can paint over it. If you don't put a clearcoat on, however, it will wear off on your hands with use. You can use pretty much any type of paint you want; most people use a paint designed to put on metals, then clearcoat it for protection. Just make sure before you do either you're protecting the internals; covering/taping over the switches, recharge port, etc... or taking them out entirely, which is the safest bet.

Paint to use & how? 9 months 4 weeks ago #19696

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
Knytiri wrote:
It's not powdercoating; that's anodizing. But yes, you can paint over it. If you don't put a clearcoat on, however, it will wear off on your hands with use. You can use pretty much any type of paint you want; most people use a paint designed to put on metals, then clearcoat it for protection. Just make sure before you do either you're protecting the internals; covering/taping over the switches, recharge port, etc... or taking them out entirely, which is the safest bet.
Thanks for the correction. I have a craft store by me. So I'm going there & a couple other places. If it works out I will post some pics.
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

Paint to use & how? 4 months 3 weeks ago #42486

• Icewind79
so as long as you take care to cover switches and stuff painting over some things will not void warranty?

I'm just curious because my buddy purchased a Bane saber for me from the etsy store with the black grip and silver shroud and pommel and was curious about doing the shroud and pommel gold with acrylic paint and this was the closest thing in the forums i could find about paint and warranties.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore sound menu manu... (3 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know if there's an actual manual anywhere, but it's pretty straightforward. To enter config...
    • Recently Responded to Ema... (6 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Quote: It sounds like your question about crystal window styles didn't get answered. :lol: All I...
    • ASP "Interceptor&quo... (52 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Thank You. The threaded part is good to know. Much like unscrewing the jar of jam for my...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (141 Posts)
    • Dear Diary: It's me again.. still here.. it's been 26Weeks.. :unsure:...[image]
    • Monarch hero for combat (9 Posts)
    • Quote: I removed the 4 rails along the body from my Monarch yesterday and I have to say the comfort level...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 72