Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: AV Switch Explained.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 5 months ago #28949

• Bloodnovsky
  • Retired Mafia
Guys, pls explain this to me. If i order a saber with the champion edition, will i get the av switch lighted or do i need to specify some things. THANKS!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 5 months ago #28951

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Darth Ocirne wrote:
Guys, pls explain this to me. If i order a saber with the champion edition, will i get the av switch lighted or do i need to specify some things. THANKS!!

Most Champion tiers do come with a lighted AV switch. There are some exceptions like the prodigal son and redeemer because they dont use AV switches for activation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodnovsky

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 5 months ago #28955

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
All champion tier saber's, excluding thin-necked sabers, come with a lighted AV switch. Warriors don't come with one.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 5 months ago #29025

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1057
The Exhalted does come with a lighted AV switch, but that is because it lacks the activation box of the Prodigal Son, and Redeemer.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 4 months ago #31528

• Aidzer0
  • Thank you received: 16
Also to Add in, if im not mistaken you have to specify the color of the LED in the AV otherwise you will get the default color.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50107

• tomwenz1993
  • Thank you received: 2
Explain this then guys about av switches Ive ordered the redeemer in champions edition and on YouTube on both champion, worrier and hero edition all light activation is thought the control box rather than av switch but I had a email from saberforge saying the av switch is under the kill key which is next to the control box why is this I brought the saber because the av was in the control box can someone please help as right now I'm rather upset

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50108

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
tomwenz1993 wrote:
Explain this then guys about av switches Ive ordered the redeemer in champions edition and on YouTube on both champion, worrier and hero edition all light activation is thought the control box rather than av switch but I had a email from saberforge saying the av switch is under the kill key which is next to the control box why is this I brought the saber because the av was in the control box can someone please help as right now I'm rather upset

Unless someone can correct me this is a July/Sept 2015 Redeemer on this forum. Activation switch and kill key are a few degrees around the hilt from the control box.
Champion light blue redeemer
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50141

• Thdobson
  • Thank you received: 9
The redeemer has a non-lite switch inside the control box and kill key on the side. The circuit board on top of the control box is attached to the top of the activation switch. So with the kill key removed, pressing down on the circuit board activates/deactivates the saber and also controls secondary effect (blaster deflect or force lightning).

I believe the button is latching but depressing the card doesn't allow it to "latch" so it acts like a momentary.

I found when dueling my circuit card came unglued several times so I used some sticky felt pads cut in crescent moon shapes to keep it in place. However sometimes it makes button presses nonresponsive. I'll need to rework a solution.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50163

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
tomwenz1993 wrote:
Gaelis wrote:
Unless someone can correct me this is a July/Sept 2015 Redeemer on this forum. Activation switch and kill key are a few degrees around the hilt from the control box.
Pre-2015 Redeemer, activation was via AV switch (next to Kill-Key) adjacent to Control Box. Current setup, as Thdobson has written, activation is via Control Box Switch Plate (Warrior/Champion) with a 'dummy' AV switch next to Kill-Key. Hero Tier uses the 'dummy' position (former actual AV switch) as Auxiliary Switch.

Following Video demonstration by Phil (functions the same without Crystal Reveal) verifies this.

Another example from a non-SF associated Redeemer Owner.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50166

• tomwenz1993
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks but when I asked saberforge if the control box was to activate they said no the av switch under the kill key and then they drew me a diagram really confused unless this wasn't the build crew but office worker who obvs went told about how to turn the saber on

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50181

• OvrcAHst
tomwenz1993, I don't doubt your correspondence, the replies you received seem inconsistent. Even their website references 'activation box' and 'activation plate' which suggests validation to the general consensus. This diagram that you were provided with, does it illustrate that the activation is via the former setup, 'dummy' AV is not 'dummy' and actual? It appears illogical to step backwards with Hilt operation.
I cannot accurately answer your query as I don't work for Saberforge.

??? Discrepancy.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by OvrcAHst.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50403

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
OvrcAHst wrote:
example from a non-SF associated Redeemer Owner.

A bit off topic, but this is the first time I've heard the SaberCore menu. Sounds like an updated version of the old UltraSound board menu. I'm curious if they're from the same manufacturer.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Kouri.

AV Switch Explained. 1 year 2 months ago #50410

• OvrcAHst
Kouri wrote:
A bit off topic, but this is the first time I've heard the SaberCore menu. Sounds like an updated version of the old UltraSound board menu. I'm curious if they're from the same manufacturer.
:lol: Staying on Target (nice video reference Jaden Korr) seems to be a loose guideline anyway. IIRC, from reading elsewhere, I believe NovaConceptions is the Manufacturer-later 'rebranded' as NovaSound. I believe Ultrasound became 'exclusive' to US where SF's earlier Soundboard Neutrino and now Sabercore 2.0 remained exclusive to SF. Memory on those details is a little fuzzy and I may be completely wrong.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hero Tier ASP "Ventu... (6 Posts)
    • Kiakahi, first up mate, my condolences with the recent passing you experienced of your Family's...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1080 Posts)
    • Hi Jedi Zuko Seraa, That is fantastic news, it's great to see that SF seem to be on top of their...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1080 Posts)
    • I'm amazed cause I just got the notification the shipment was ready and it supposed to be delivered...
    • [FS $350USD] ASP PICO Sit... (2 Posts)
    • Beautiful saber! Sure it'll sell soon. If I hadn't just moved I'd take it off your hands. It's a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5207
  • Latest Member: Tammyapolo
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4649
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 12
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 23