Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: All colours in one saber

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3654

• Darth Kurgan
  • Join the Dark Side!
  • Thank you received: 1
I read somewhere that is posible to change the colour of your blade if originally white using a little piece of translucent coloured plastic between the LED and the blade.
Anyone have seen something like that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3655

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
I know Darth Mario has a 5W saber with color discs. You could probably find some on Ebay or something. Another good alternative would be ordering quick connects with your saber, which is what I have done with my Resilient and will do with my 2 Acolytes I am about to order.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3656

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
Or buy an RGB/RBGA

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3658

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Miraluka wrote:
Or buy an RGB/RBGA
Of course you would need ot buy a Hero level saber, and you lose a bit of brightness on most colors.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3659

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
I want talking about just SF sabers. Keep in mind that your colors are going to have to be dim if you're using color discs. Everyone says that 12W white LEDs melt color discs so it would already be dim, you wouldn't be missing out in brightness with an RGB.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3665

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 5
Look on you tube for information about using Lee Filters. They may work a bit better. You can also look at Theatrical Gels. These are going to be thicker and better to handle the heat. They are designed to be used on spot lights.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3676

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Griffon wrote:
There are some advaced elecronis that can we used with RGBW or RGBA LED sets that allow a person to adjust the rating of each of the dis separately on a scale of 0 to 255 and it gives you 256 to the fourth combinations. 16 million or some foolish number. Of course the human eye is going to be pushed to see them all. As you change the output of each di you also change the intensity of the light.

Also, you have to be able to get to the board and program the colors so you need to be able to easily get in and modify the settings. Some cards use micro SD slots so you can program in insert the SD into the board. At least that is my understanding from reading the forums and boards on the Custom Saber Shop (TCSS) site.

If you are wanting to build your own there is almost no limit, providing your budget is limitless also.

The white with color disks is a common option but I don't know how well they do at 12w. See them often on 3w and 6w options.

Unless you just need to change blade colors constantly or need a very unique color then using standard LED modules is probably yhe way to go. There are several people who build as well as collect on the site who can probably provide you more sources of information. And probably more accurate info. I just know what I read and take that with a grain of salt and pepper.

Just rember, that in light the basic colors are red, green and blue. If you mix them all toether at equal intensity you get white light. If you want all colors in your saber, go with white. And it is a standard option when ordering and available at no extra cost.

At least that is my opinion...
Yes the official RGB spectrum has 16.8 million possible colors. I have a keyboard with RGB ;). And yes, I think getting quick connect LED will produce the best light vs RGB or Color Discs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CShigeoK

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3677

• Darth Kurgan
  • Join the Dark Side!
I'm going to order a 12w lightsaber so according to all of your advices, the best idea is to order quick connect LED but i have few more questions. How it works? How I order that?

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3678

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Darth Kurgan wrote:
I'm going to order a 12w lightsaber so according to all of your advices, the best idea is to order quick connect LED but i have few more questions. How it works? How I order that?
Just ask for quick connect LEDs in your order notes, and it is free of charge. From what I've heard, you can just "un-plug" the current LED and swap it for a different one. I've never actually seen it however, because no one has made a video of them yet.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3679

• Darth Kurgan
  • Join the Dark Side!
So i must order it and another 12W LED from the accesories section for each aditional colour I want. It's correct?
There is another special order notes available? Just for know about it.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3682

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Darth Kurgan wrote:
So i must order it and another 12W LED from the accesories section for each aditional colour I want. It's correct?
There is another special order notes available? Just for know about it.
Yea when you want more quick connect LEDs, just buy some off of Saberforge's website and ask for the Quick Connects in the order notes like when you buy the saber.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3889

• Xelner
  • Premium Member
  • I didn't choose the Force...it chose me.
  • Thank you received: 11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfShevDbVA&feature=youtu.be

There is RGBA now!

There's already a discussion on this FB page...https://www.facebook.com/groups/CustomLightsaberOwners/
Or at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saberforge/553984917955617

Phil's comment from the Custom Lightsaber Owners page "It's and RGBA, just like an RGBW, all colored dies are 3w, mixed colors are 6w."

Ok, everyone go crazy now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CShigeoK

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3900

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
I just saw the video on facebook and I think I'm going crazy! This is a amazing! I mean yeah you have to buy a hero tier, but without any additional fee you have an infinite choise of color!!!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3901

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Darth Revan wrote:
I just saw the video on facebook and I think I'm going crazy! This is a amazing! I mean yeah you have to buy a hero tier, but without any additional fee you have an infinite choise of color!!!
But you're trading colours for brightness. These are 3W LEDs, with 6W if you mix two colours. The only 12W colour you could get is a weird white/Amber.

I much prefer the quick connect option. Sure, it's more expensive, but you get far better lighting. A 3w red, blue green or Amber seems pretty bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CShigeoK, DarthMario95

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3906

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Guess you're right!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3915

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Xelner wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfShevDbVA&feature=youtu.be

There is RGBA now!

There's already a discussion on this FB page...https://www.facebook.com/groups/CustomLightsaberOwners/
Or at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saberforge/553984917955617

Phil's comment from the Custom Lightsaber Owners page "It's and RGBA, just like an RGBW, all colored dies are 3w, mixed colors are 6w."

Ok, everyone go crazy now!

Why is this suddenly exciting? In one of my earlier comments I mentioned RGBAs as an option... They've been offering these for a while, it just wasn't in the color drop down menu.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3935

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
It's probably exciting to people now because it wasn't as widely spread or known about before now. Like the quick disconnects, it was something you could only request if "you were in the know", it wasn't offered as an option with a drop down menu, but now the RGBA is "legit" offered on the website for Hero sabers. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until quick disconnects are as well.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by DarthMario95.

All colours in one saber 1 year 5 months ago #3948

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
I don't think they'll be adding quick connects officially, and if it does, it won't be maintaining its free price tag. If they out it on the site and it was free, everyone would be buying them which is more work for the saber smiths. Unless the addition of quick connects leads to a lot more LED purchases I don't see it as a viable option
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ares has Arrived! (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: So far, I can only see it on the Etsy Store, but it looks like there are both Crystal Reveal, and...
    • Heres my thing, I just do... (6 Posts)
    • FYI... VV is actually around 24 weeks. It feels like 1.5 to 2 years though :lol: Are they giving...
    • The difference between the Jedi and the Sith Ovrc, lol. You seem to walk closer to the Jedi side of...
    • My Observations. Product Release, Promotions, Outlets of Purchase and Distribution should remain...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4387
  • Latest Member: Zai-Xen
  • Total Posts: 44.3k
  • Total Topics: 3187
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 105
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 64