Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna...

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 3 weeks ago #31003

• TalMeta
So, I recently ordered a pair of new LEDs for my Grandmaster. While I had no real problems getting the old LEDs out, getting the new ones in has proved to be a bit of a challenge. The wires are long, and they seem to coil up at the base of the emitter, blocking the LED from fully settling into place. Suggestions?
Embrace the madness...
Prodigal Son,DT Reborn, Phoenix, Bane, Ka'tano, Sorcerer Staff, Relic, Grandmaster LE Staff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 3 weeks ago #31526

• Aidzer0
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello, My best suggestion would be to twist the wires slightly to lead them in, OR (Better option), pull out the battery pack (take the pommel off) and then place the LED then place the battery pack/speaker.

Good Luck!

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 3 weeks ago #31584

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 415
Aidzer0 wrote:
Hello, My best suggestion would be to twist the wires slightly to lead them in, OR (Better option), pull out the battery pack (take the pommel off) and then place the LED then place the battery pack/speaker.

Good Luck!
How about a small piece of electric tape on the wires. In between the quick connect and the LED module. That might keep the wires corralled and keep them from pinching or peaking past the module. Good luck.
BTW Warrior or Champion tier?

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 3 weeks ago #31996

• TalMeta
Champion.
Embrace the madness...
Prodigal Son,DT Reborn, Phoenix, Bane, Ka'tano, Sorcerer Staff, Relic, Grandmaster LE Staff

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 3 weeks ago #32004

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 106
How farther does the LED stick out of the emitter when the new wires push against it, and how much of the slack comes from the wires already inside the saber?

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 3 weeks ago #32040

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi TalMeta,

You might want to check this YouTube video from TheCustomSaberShop channel where Rob Petkau "Madcow" describes how to pack wiring more efficiently, here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrA-FiAvR5U

The part I'm referring to starts at 3:30 secs into the video. I have checked the link and it works!

Once the wires are twisted like this it's easier to fit them into the hilt.

I hope this is of some use to you!

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by For Tyeth.

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 2 weeks ago #32196

• TalMeta
Yeah. Unfortunately, drawing out the battery pack, while it did draw the wires down and seat the LED properly, pulled the wires out of the switch. So I'm trying to send it back in to have SF do it....
Embrace the madness...

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 2 weeks ago #32216

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 415
Aidzer0 wrote:

Good Luck!
UGH! I was worried for you when I saw this post! Part of the reason I asked what Tier saber you had. I really hope you don't run into problems with your warranty.

2015 Grandmaster Quickchange Dilemna... 5 months 2 weeks ago #32225

• Crims
  • Thank you received: 3
FYI if you try to pull the speaker out, there's an snap ring holding it in for some models - it can be a bitch to deal with. I have a pair of the right pliers for them and still had a pain getting the ring back in just the right place.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fourth of July SALE (20 Posts)
    • Quote: Just checked, and it was in the email about the sale. It was a bit confusing, since it was worded in...
    • Quote: I thought some where I saw it was a choice of the 3 blade plugs in any finish. Elite Round Cog,...
    • I thought some where I saw it was a choice of the 3 blade plugs in any finish. Elite Round Cog,...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (21 Posts)
    • Ottomatix, Thank you for the advice! I sent another question to SFCS asking about champion tier...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (21 Posts)
    • RichellM I read your post and just finished perusing YT. I would recommend that you demand the 3rd...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 87