Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Graflex 2.0

Graflex 2.0 6 months 1 week ago #31785

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
So, I ordered a Graflex 2.0 kit from Korbanth this afternoon. Just got the shipped notification and I should be receiving it this week. I've never done my own install and I think I want to take a stab at this one. This kit is supposed to make it fairly simple.

So my question is: how easy is it to acquire the internals?

Speaker - High Bass

Sound - NBV2

Power - which battery is best? cost?

LED - probably going to go with the SF Arctic blue 12W+

Blade - 7/8"

I'm leaning towards a "TFA" build.

Thanks!
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Graflex 2.0 6 months 1 week ago #31788

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
Have you looked thru The Custom Saber Shop. They carry just about everything that you would need. NBV2 was out of stock but I believe it's currently available. I'm also starting a 1st DIY, but haven't started research yet as to what products are best. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Also check out the how to videos on YT. TCSS has Rob give many tutorials videos, if you haven't seen them already. Good luck Lord Callous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Graflex 2.0 6 months 1 week ago #31793

• jc0522
  • Thank you received: 19
I think you may need to mod the SF LED unit as the Korbanth kit is 7/8inch and SF is 1inch.

How easy is it to acquire your parts? Depends, I know TCSS is always out of stock because there's so many saber smiths buying up parts for their projects. But WHEN the parts are available, I read they get processed within a few days, and it's mailed to you using USPS Priority mail.

OH and I think the NBv3 is coming out soon (later this month?), so you might be able to get your hands on that!

I sent my out to a saber smith to get built, but I did snap some pics. I'll post later tonight. I'm using a 3d printed crystal reveal chassis to hold everything together.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by jc0522.

Graflex 2.0 6 months 1 week ago #31798

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Isn't SF supposed to be releasing a new soundboard? More customizable I think? I could be wrong but even if I'm not, it's release may be pushed back with everything that's going on.

Graflex 2.0 6 months 1 week ago #31799

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Ottomattix! Yeah, TCSS was going to be my go to spot, but I also wanted to see if anyone had some personal experience with the kit and what their experience was. I know Shameem does the installs and is a great resource but he is up to his eyeballs in sabers atm.

Nevertheless - I am excited! Gonna take a crack at my Black Lotus as well.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Graflex 2.0 6 months 1 week ago #31802

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
jc0522 wrote:
I think you may need to mod the SF LED unit as the Korbanth kit is 7/8inch and SF is 1inch.

How easy is it to acquire your parts? Depends, I know TCSS is always out of stock because there's so many saber smiths buying up parts for their projects. But WHEN the parts are available, I read they get processed within a few days, and it's mailed to you using USPS Priority mail.

OH and I think the NBv3 is coming out soon (later this month?), so you might be able to get your hands on that!

I sent my out to a saber smith to get built, but I did snap some pics. I'll post later tonight. I'm using a 3d printed crystal reveal chassis to hold everything together.

Thanks!

Didn't know the V3 was coming so soon. Certainly may be worth waiting for!

I think I saw that Shameem did an LED install on his even though he still went with the 7/8 blade... curious. Is the TCSS kit the same as the Parks/Korbanth kit?

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40075

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Just received my VV 1" bore adapter. the last piece to the puzzle. Starting my installation. :)

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40081

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 428
Nice. I ordered about 80% of what I need for mine on Tuesday from TCSS (had to jump on the NBv3). Now I'm just waiting on their 7/8" LED module, chassis spacers, battery pack and charger to be in stock. Hopefully all at the same time, because I'm not paying for shipping a 3rd time.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40180

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Lord Callous wrote:
jc0522 wrote:

Thanks!

Didn't know the V3 was coming so soon. Certainly may be worth waiting for!

I think I saw that Shameem did an LED install on his even though he still went with the 7/8 blade... curious. Is the TCSS kit the same as the Parks/Korbanth kit?
Yeah they're the same. I thought TCSS actually sold out of the Graflex 2.0, hmm, curious much indeed.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by greyjediDude.

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40204

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Nice. I ordered about 80% of what I need for mine on Tuesday from TCSS (had to jump on the NBv3). Now I'm just waiting on their 7/8" LED module, chassis spacers, battery pack and charger to be in stock. Hopefully all at the same time, because I'm not paying for shipping a 3rd time.

Lol. I hear you! TCSS ships quick but takes so long to restock. I grabbed 2 of those V3's myself. After I fininfh up the Graflex, I have en empty Black Lotus and Sidious that I'm going to try my hand at.

I actually wish that I went with the V3 for this Graflex. I got a Spark Color 2 with the Goth Chasis and this thing is a pain to sit in correctly with the wires. Should have kept it simple, but I was impatient because the NB was out of stock at the time. FML

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40205

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
@greyjediDude They are sold out. I originally posted this almost 4 weeks ago when I first ordered my Graflex from Korbanth. I just wanted to chronicle my build process, since it is my first installation. I have finally received everything that I need to complete my build. :)

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40218

• Sosdd
  • Thank you received: 1
I also have mine. The only thing I don't have is a 7/8 inch heatsink for the led. How do you plan on getting around that issue?

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40327

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
FYI - Korbanth posted in a couple of places today that he's going to start taking deposits on the second (and final?) 2.0 run.

Graflex 2.0 5 months 1 week ago #40340

• Erderich
I've heard the second run should be available sometime in April. I would doubt that it'll be the last one as there are 3 other stores in on it as well and they're selling like hotcakes. I ordered one a few weeks back as well, but before I could make arrangements for an install Vader's Vault put theirs up for sale and I jumped on one, so I listed mine on eBay. It's a really nice kit. Can't wait for my completed saber to arrive! Both it and my Prodigal Son should be arriving around the same time.

Graflex 2.0 4 months 3 weeks ago #42661

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
I figure I should update this, since the build is complete. I'm working on refurnishing my home office so I can take on more builds and do some video reviews.

This was my first build and I had a blast with it! Next up, is my FX Mace Windu conversion, SF Black Lotus and Korbanth Sidious install. I have a Korbanth LS6 and SF Bastion also on the way as empty hilts that I will be installing myself. Further out will be my K4 and DV6... possibly a MPP 2.0...

Anyway, here are the specs:

Korbanth Graflex 2.0

- TFA build

- BBW Tri cree XPE2 wired for FOC

- NEC Spark Color 2

- Premium 2watt speaker

- 18650 LI cell (Rechargeable)

- GOTH Knight Chasis for crystal reveal - I actually fashioned my own crystal.

- VV 1" Bore Adapter

- VV Aux switch wired for Lock up, Blaster Deflect etc...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst

Graflex 2.0 4 months 3 weeks ago #42663

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
Freaking awesome! I have my issues with the Graflex style, but your build is very impressive (and inspiring, considering it's your first). What'd you do to craft your crystal? You have other sabers, right? How does the brightness compare?

Graflex 2.0 4 months 3 weeks ago #42665

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 147
Expect a PM at some point :P Ordering mine tonight, also my first. Been pinging people about it all day lol. Congrats, looks great

Graflex 2.0 4 months 3 weeks ago #42670

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Borommakot wrote:
Freaking awesome! I have my issues with the Graflex style, but your build is very impressive (and inspiring, considering it's your first). What'd you do to craft your crystal? You have other sabers, right? How does the brightness compare?

Thank you! It was a fun build. this is purely a shelf queen. I love the iconic value of the Graflex, which was the reason for this build.

Yeah, I have a few other sabers :P The Tri-cree is definately comparable, it is certainly bright enough. I think I have to give the edge to the 12w+ though. That may result from the 4 color die mix of the SF LED compared to the 3 of the Tri Cree. I recognize that watts measures the power drawn from the battery and not the brightness, which is measured by lumens. I have 2 other 12w+ blue (Cyan and Custom Arctic) sabers and they seem brighter when lying next to each other (that could also be the green mix which is lacking in the B/B/W tri cree). I will try to take a pic for review.

To get my crystal, I purchased Sea Glass from Michaels - blue and clear ( they have other colors). then I went to work with my Dremel.

Graflex 2.0 4 months 3 weeks ago #42671

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
BoostinIX wrote:
Expect a PM at some point :P Ordering mine tonight, also my first. Been pinging people about it all day lol. Congrats, looks great

Ha! No worries, and thanks!

Graflex 2.0 4 months 3 weeks ago #42734

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 428
He has a Facebook page now that has his contact info. I don't remember it off the top of my head but it should be in the description of his YouTube videos. Last I heard he is booked through March.

Edit: This was in response to greyjediDude's question on how to contact Shameem, which was deleted.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Clarifying post
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore sound menu manu... (3 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know if there's an actual manual anywhere, but it's pretty straightforward. To enter config...
    • Recently Responded to Ema... (6 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Quote: It sounds like your question about crystal window styles didn't get answered. :lol: All I...
    • ASP "Interceptor&quo... (52 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Thank You. The threaded part is good to know. Much like unscrewing the jar of jam for my...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (141 Posts)
    • Dear Diary: It's me again.. still here.. it's been 26Weeks.. :unsure:...[image]
    • Monarch hero for combat (9 Posts)
    • Quote: I removed the 4 rails along the body from my Monarch yesterday and I have to say the comfort level...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 72