Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Hilt disassembly

Hilt disassembly 1 year 3 months ago #9369

• laempchen
  • Thank you received: 6
So i am playing with the idea of buying a Disciple + a second LED module.

Electronicial and warranty issues aside, how easy is it to disassemble Saberforge hilts especially the Disciple hilt. Can i just screw off the top to get to the LED module or do i have to take the whole electronic stuff out from the bottom?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hilt disassembly 1 year 3 months ago #9370

• Cyrusred
  • Thank you received: 5
From what i hear all apprentice sabers are one piece only besides the pommel so there isn't a screwing off from the top but there is a screw that holds the led in place so u can access it from the top. Though i really don't have any experience in this myself.

Hilt disassembly 1 year 3 months ago #9379

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
Yes, the only section of the disciple that will unscrew is the pommel insert. There are 2 set screws in the hilt, the top is for blade retention, the one under it holds the LED module. Undo both screws to get the module to slide out of the top.
...assuming the wires are long enough...

Hilt disassembly 1 year 3 months ago #9385

• laempchen
thank you guys for your answers, i am now one step closer to getting a saber :P

Hilt disassembly 1 year 2 months ago #10929

• Mastro
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi i have a simple question, so is possible to take out all the electronics from a warrior or champion sword and place it on a apprentice?

And in general same question between warriors and champions versions ?

I ask on this and in general if is really difficult to change / repair parts, because i live in Italy, custom fees on the purchasse and expeditions are really high here, so i want to know if i can simply buy another color led module and easily change it on the sword, or transfer all eletcronics from one champion to one warrior or apprentice sword.

Thank in advance for anyone can help me with some answers.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Mastro.

Hilt disassembly 1 year 2 months ago #10930

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Yes if you order a saber with "quick connects" you will be able to swap out LEDs. As long as you buy the replacement LED you can have any color available. Im not sure though if they are available in apprentice sabers because of their inside diameter being smaller than an elite saber.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mastro

Hilt disassembly 1 year 2 months ago #10932

• Mastro
Thx and between warriors and champions swords? well i whas wondering if whas possible buyng apprentice and swap all the elctronics, anyway changing the led is already a good thing. I have to check if on Etsy is possible to chose the quick connetc led insert.

Hilt disassembly 1 year 2 months ago #10939

• laempchen
yes you can order quick connects on etsy, did the same thing.

for apprentice sabers i can only speak for the Disciple, yes the quick connects fin in there. You have to guide the cable with your fingers and it gets a little bit annying to fit it in but it works.

Hilt disassembly 1 year 2 months ago #10995

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
If you don't have experience with this sort of thing, you'll almost definitely find that disassembling champion/hero hilts is a pain in the butt. But if that's something you're interested in, I would put an order note asking them to not glue your threads together. They're not especially easy to break down when they're glued together.

Hilt disassembly 1 year 2 months ago #10996

• Mastro
Thank you very much guys for the answers.
Well i have the suspect that will be a pain do some jobs, i have a bit of experience on soldering and wiring, but if elements are glued together or disassembling is hard is another story, warranty is good but the idea of spend almost 50€ all the time for ship the sword back and wait for weeks or months is unreal for me.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72