Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sabers without control boxes

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46054

• samross04
  • Thank you received: 30
Hey all,
Has anyone used SF customs to get a saber, that typically comes with a control box, without it?
I've been considering my next purchase(s) and wonder if anyone has done this and what they thought of the finished product.

Thanks!!
"I hope you brought a better class of soldier than these 'stormtroopers'.......you're going to need ALL of them."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46065

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
With all of the changes (Custom Shop, ASP, etch) I am not sure if it is still this way, but my recollection was that level of customization was too much for an Etsy order, but was do-able via main site order. It might have been relegated to a Custom Shop order since that came into being, but I have not seen anyone do that since the transition.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: samross04

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46089

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
Monarch here. etsy order didnt when I made my order. Ended up making an inquiry about the customshop.

I asked the customshop to see if they can remove the bunny ears and control box. It was done along with other customizations. I wanted a unique saber since I was already talking about customization. a collaboration of ideas and recommendation were discussed and I okayed it. SF customshop handled everything for me. not sure how it will be when SF returns from the break.
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by h5o.

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46098

• drgolds
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
I've made designs in the ASP of Luke's Ep IV

and Ep VI sabers without control boxes and how I think they look best with the parts available
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, samross04

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46100

• drgolds
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey look, I was able to post more than 1 pic per post. Whoohooo!!!!

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46110

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
h5o wrote:
Monarch here. etsy order didnt when I made my order. Ended up making an inquiry about the customshop.

I asked the customshop to see if they can remove the bunny ears and control box. It was done along with other customizations. I wanted a unique saber since I was already talking about customization. a collaboration of ideas and recommendation were discussed and I okayed it. SF customshop handled everything for me. not sure how it will be when SF returns from the break.

Can you post pictures? I love the Monarch but I HATE bunny ears.

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46113

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
samross04
Has anyone used SF customs to get a saber, that typically comes with a control box, without it?
Back in the day (excluding Etsy) you could make a request when ordering from Main Site to achieve what you desire. If you've ever read Open Topics Posts from back to front rather from front to back, Shameem advised of this process. Unsure if this has accuracy as a method now. An email to Customer Service will be more definite.

Saberforge Custom's can definitely do it. Anything from the larger switch boxes like the PS & Redeemer right down to the smaller decorative ones, like the topside Archon.

With how it was explained to me from Justin, a delete is scratch build without it completely, rather than having it supplied without where (if applicable) upon removal, the holes that are drilled to house the screws that hold the relevant box in place are still there. No different to if you were to remove it yourself. In cases where the 'decorative box' doubles as a secure-point for shrouds etc., upon delete, an alternative method is used to secure said piece.

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46127

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 287
I seen one of Shameems customs that he did for a commission, where he created the kill key to be the entire control box on a PS (I believe it was). So remove the kill key (control box) and have a duel friendly saber.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by NeBosa.

Sabers without control boxes 1 year 1 week ago #46194

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
schmots wrote:
Can you post pictures? I love the Monarch but I HATE bunny ears.
Sure.
I took 7 pics. Unfortunately, only 2 weren't corrupted for some reason. grr... I took the pics earlier today on my phone and uploaded them on another computer.

My Monarch sabers are both Hero tier. These were taken during daytime. My custom monarch has a photon blade.
I haven't figured out how to adjust the pulsing effects yet on the ignitor config.

This custom Monarch and its details was also featured on the facebook SaberforgeCustoms over a month ago back in January. It has more pics and close ups of this lightsaber.
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 35